*Lumberton vs. BH Updates/RAIDERS WIN!

KFDM COOP

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from the game and it was a good one as expected. Lumberton played flawless football and the Eagles had a much better game tonight even though we had two picks. I hate blaming refs ,but they blew a call tonight that ended up giving the Raiders a 1st and goal instead of a turn over on downs with BH trailing by 6. instead Lumberton went up to put the game out of reach!! The call was a late pass interferance flag when the ball was uncatchable!! Anyway if you weren't there then it is hard to explain. Refs don't make you lose a game ,but they made it a lot harder to win one in this instance. Raders looked good though the QB is a good athlete and we had a heck of a time tackling him. The Eagles are still improving and at this rate they should do well in District!! Congrats to Lumberton on a well played game your fans packed our stands and they played a good clean game. Good luck the rest of your season and I hope all the Raider fans make it home safe and sound.

Same excuses. Blame the refs, I guess this happens at home not just in PNG.

Just stating the facts! I wasn't blaming the refs they called and excellant game all night, but that one call was a killer for BH. BH lost this game the Refs didn't lose the game for BH!

The one bad call hurt, but Lumberton played error-free football...we didnt.  Very very good game by two quality teams IMO.  Very impressed with Lumberton overall:  good offensive line, QB and their secondary played very well, but gave up a couple of big plays.  BH didn't not tackle well on several opportunities having the qb/rb locked up in the backfield and let them go.  I still feel good about BH being a good football team.  Lots of soph's contributing for the Eagles too, so future is still bright.  Right now I think its Dayton, the BH for the top two spots in 19-4a!

The bad call you are talking about was the right call. The ball was catchable and I could see the ref reaching for his flag but could not find it at first. BH is a very talented team and this game was hard fought by both sides. I would not like to play them again because the outcome could be different. Two very matched teams slugged it out to the end. Good Luck BH.

Congrats, to Lumberton!  Ya'll have a very good team and should do very well this season.  I thought both teams played with class!!!  BH made mistakes and Lumberton didn't.  BH is not at the point where they can over come very many mistakes, especially against a good team like Lumberton.  Good luck with the rest of your season.

With that said, I thought we improved tremendously over last week.  Except for the two interceptions, the offense preformed way beyond their game last week.  Matthew has come a long way in just a week, at times he looked very at ease and in control.  Just a few tweaks here and there and he's going to be a pretty darn good QB.  Stork, Duke, Morton and Smith are a force to be reckoned with, they all made some outstanding catches tonight.  

The defense didn't tackle quiet as good as last week, several times they had Lumberton stopped for a loss, and let the runner get through their grasp...but you have to credit Lumberton with some of that, their QB and backs run the ball with purpose.  I thought our defense did step up to make some huge stops when they had to.

I hope our kids don't get down, they are a good team and play with heart, which is something we didn't see last year.  Just have to improve on a couple of things and this could turn into a very exciting season!!!!

WE LOVE YA EAGLES!!!!!

Just got back from the game and it was a good one as expected. Lumberton played flawless football and the Eagles had a much better game tonight even though we had two picks. I hate blaming refs ,but they blew a call tonight that ended up giving the Raiders a 1st and goal instead of a turn over on downs with BH trailing by 6. instead Lumberton went up to put the game out of reach!! The call was a late pass interferance flag when the ball was uncatchable!! Anyway if you weren't there then it is hard to explain. Refs don't make you lose a game ,but they made it a lot harder to win one in this instance. Raders looked good though the QB is a good athlete and we had a heck of a time tackling him. The Eagles are still improving and at this rate they should do well in District!! Congrats to Lumberton on a well played game your fans packed our stands and they played a good clean game. Good luck the rest of your season and I hope all the Raider fans make it home safe and sound.

If you guys are referring to the pass interference near the 5 yard line, it was actually a good call as the BH player was already on the Lumberton players back as he was trying to make the catch. The delayed flag was due to the official grabbing for it in his back pocket and not getting a hold of it, he had to reach back in. That being said, the mistakes were very costly for BH which played a hell of a game otherwise and L-Town had all kinds of problems shaking you guys. Your QB #11 is a talented player and I wouldn't be suprised if he led everyone in rushing yards for both team and when he hooks up with that number 81, that kid has some awesome hands and made some really sweet catches with defenders right on him, number 85 did a decent job too although 81 is the obvious fave for your qb. All I got to say is, DAYTON watch out, these Eagles will only get better each week.

I forget who was mentioning the number of fans or lack thereof on a game like this for the visitors, I just want to know...did we fill the stands enough for you guys?  ;D

I look for your passer/receiver tandem to lead district 19-4A in catches and yards or at least be in the top three.

BH34 why don't you stay focused on this years group and stop comparing this team to last year because the way I see it things aren't much different 0-2!

I guess you ,SnooopDog, either cannot read or can't comprehend what it was that BH34 was trying to say. He was giving you guys credit and naming our mistakes. And obviously you don't have a kid that played last night because when I asked my son did the boys talk a lot of a smack. His exact answer was no not at all, they were telling them good catch, good hit. That's called good sportsmanship. I doubt you know anything about that.

Congrats Raiders! My gut kept telling me you would fold but you hung in there against a "greatly improved" team with a QB that is among the best in the area. Not to mention the fact that you didn't give up when they began to make a comeback. BH may be 0-2 but they are a much better team than their record indicates. They could easily be 2-0.

It's still early in the season and there are still questions without answers but a "good" team manages to find a way to answer those questions when the lights come up on Friday night. Keep those answers coming and the wins will do the same.

Lastly, don't look past Silsbee. They may not be a powerhouse but they'll be out to prove something Friday night. Don't let 'em. GO RAIDERS!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83