Some good HS Girls BB this past weekend

National Sports Initiatives (NSI-Houston.com) put on a two day round robin format event for high school teams.  I believe there were 35 teams in it and each team had 8 20 min games over two days.  Some excellent competion and the BH ladies were exhausted but had a blast.  West Brook was there but not sure how many other GT schools attended.  It was extremely well run and I highly recommend this to anyone wanting to get a good pre-season warm-up.  Oh man am I ready for some GBB now!

Not sure if NSI is putting another one on but I know the Cy-Fair Texan organization is putting on a really big event Oct 3-4 for HS teams.  Just google Cy-Fair Texans if interested...BH will be there!

National Sports Initiatives (NSI-Houston.com) put on a two day round robin format event for high school teams.  I believe there were 35 teams in it and each team had 8 20 min games over two days.  Some excellent competion and the BH ladies were exhausted but had a blast.  West Brook was there but not sure how many other GT schools attended.  It was extremely well run and I highly recommend this to anyone wanting to get a good pre-season warm-up.  Oh man am I ready for some GBB now!

Not sure if NSI is putting another one on but I know the Cy-Fair Texan organization is putting on a really big event Oct 3-4 for HS teams.  Just google Cy-Fair Texans if interested...BH will be there!

Too many of our girls are involved in stinking volleyball!!!    :'( :'(  Good luck to BH.  I just might have to come take in a few of these games in Oct.

Mama say volleyball ob da debil    :D

We had a good turnout, invited all the varsity and JV girls from last year (not playing VB).  I think 9 girls participated.  We were missing a couple of VB'ers but had 3-4 starters from last year there.  Some very strong competition there.  There are some really talented young ladies playing in Houston.  We had losses to North Shore, who will be ranked very high this year and Manvel.  Manvel (4a, dangit) brought an 8th GRADER who was basically a 6'2 guard that already has every skill you can imagine.  Unbelievable talent.  Had an exciting game against Clear Lake where we tied them with a last-second buzzer beater.  Hard to get a good feel for how good we'll be since our big post and a couple of other starters were not there.  We are DEEP though.

Will LCM do any fall leagues or anything?  I think we are cooking up deal to go to a strong local team's open gym once a week just to run and gun. 

Mama say volleyball ob da debil     :D

We had a good turnout, invited all the varsity and JV girls from last year (not playing VB).  I think 9 girls participated.  We were missing a couple of VB'ers but had 3-4 starters from last year there.  Some very strong competition there.  There are some really talented young ladies playing in Houston.  We had losses to North Shore, who will be ranked very high this year and Manvel.  Manvel (4a, dangit) brought an 8th GRADER who was basically a 6'2 guard that already has every skill you can imagine.  Unbelievable talent.  Had an exciting game against Clear Lake where we tied them with a last-second buzzer beater.   Hard to get a good feel for how good we'll be since our big post and a couple of other starters were not there.  We are DEEP though.

Will LCM do any fall leagues or anything?  I think we are cooking up deal to go to a strong local team's open gym once a week just to run and gun.  

You are right, there is some REAL talent out there.  LCM will not be very deep this year I'm afraid.  I think 4 seniors, 3 or 4 juniors, but a huge sophomore class.  Hopefully someone unexpected will step up.  

My guess is that 3 (maybe 4) of our varsity starters are playing that communist net game.  Probably no fall league for that reason, but we have a few that would love and need to travel to any open gyms where they might be welcomed in pick up games.  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124