Tarkington vs Hardin--Predictions?

Hornet

Read it closer. I think it was OldSchool that said Hardin beat Newton in '05, the (undefeated) state title year. Just for the record, in '04, it was 38-7 Newton.

Lie may be a little harsh. How about 'bad information'?

Yeah I don't think he meant it to sound that way uknowit2. I was at both games and I know we lost both games. Newton is a tough team and has a great program. I hope EC can give them a good game.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

def hardin..but it will be tough just gotta go in there and be serious cant be all big headed and what not lol..they do have a new head coach and he is a pretty good coach from 5a..but i still say hardin has got this by at least 2 tds or 3..we are jsut to elusive..and our defense is getting better by the second..

Watched the boys win well last friday against H-D.  Will watch them win again this week over Tarkington...that's according to an 11 yr old softball player from Tarkington to my 11 yr old softballer...lol...these girls sure love thier sports in whatever form it takes.  I sure will be gald though when they get the stands completed.  Think someone said the seats are in but the side and back rails aren't complete as of wednesday.  Oh well...another friday night of heat and humidity in the stands...it's all good.

aw whats wrong tarkington fans lost hope in aruguing over actually winning the game?  I remember not to long ago when your fans were complaining how you should be playing bigger schools because Hardin was just too small and not competitive enough and what happened that year? oh just a 39-0 beatdown. i predict close to the same tonight. Have fun losing again and on a way to another losing season :)

Is Tarkington, the laughing stock team of Liberty County, the team that Liberty even looks forward to playing cause it may be their only win, actually talking about someone else? Thanks for the motivation to our boys idiots!!

No, that would be Shepherd, but I am not from either, just stating facts.

Hardin wins this game blind folded and moves into the polls..... ;)

Also Tarkington needs a new sound system to much slap back bouncing of the new High Schools exterior wall.......

And what poll would that be? The barberpole? maypole? northpole?

Heck, Hardin hasn't won a district championship in 35 years (lost 54-0 in district). That just doesn't generate a lot of state wide respect.

Since I am getting to be an old man, let me give you a little fact about that year Hardin won the district title. You make a point they in Bi-District 54-0. That was Brookshire Royal who had a very good team. the other point and much more important, the Saturday after wrapping up the district, one of Hardin's best players Bill Van Dorn was tragically killed in a hunting accident and the team was in shock for days following that. As for this year Hardin will dominate this game against Tarkington.

[/quote Do believe coach Haynes was on that team..

Yes coach Haynes was on that team. Should have been a sophmore. He is one year ahead of me in school and we played Little league together. I had moved to EC so i did not get to play FB with him.

I just wanted to add that a few years ago, back in the Coach Morgan era, I remember playing Tarkington at their house and before the game one of their players Dad's having a conversation with me saying, " I wish we(Tarkington) would pick bigger schools before district play cause we're not having any competition at the 2A level." I saw him Friday night before and after the game. I couldn't help but tell him afterwards, "I sure wish we would pick bigger schools at the 4 or 5A level so we can get better competition." I'm sorry but I had to say it. It just kinda got under my skin. I wonder if he still feels the same now? ;)

I just wanted to add that a few years ago, back in the Coach Morgan era, I remember playing Tarkington at their house and before the game one of their players Dad's having a conversation with me saying, " I wish we(Tarkington) would pick bigger schools before district play cause we're not having any competition at the 2A level." I saw him Friday night before and after the game. I couldn't help but tell him afterwards, "I sure wish we would pick bigger schools at the 4 or 5A level so we can get better competition." I'm sorry but I had to say it. It just kinda got under my skin. I wonder if he still feels the same now? ;)

Yeah I mean why not, heck lets just schedule you guys a game with Southlake Carrol. . .or as far as that goes OU just got beat by BYU maybe you guys could take them on. ::)

Is Tarkington, the laughing stock team of Liberty County, the team that Liberty even looks forward to playing cause it may be their only win, actually talking about someone else? Thanks for the motivation to our boys idiots!!

I'm sorry to tell you even though Shepherd hasn't been very good, this last year was Tarkington's first win against us in 18 years. Yeah, Tarkington is the Laughing stock of the district for sure. Watch out for Shepherd vs Hardin this week, looks like a different team than from the years before.

I'm sorry to tell you even though Shepherd hasn't been very good, this last year was Tarkington's first win against us in 18 years. Yeah, Tarkington is the Laughing stock of the district for sure. Watch out for Shepherd vs Hardin this week, looks like a different team than from the years before.

We are not overlooking Shepherd by any means. They have talented players..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83