PN-G Impressions.

smitty

Warrior, I hope you don't think that I'm passing judgement on Faircloth. What I want to know is if he is holding back plays for a rainy day, which is what I have read on several occasions, don't you think it would be in his best interest to run some of those plays and see if they can actually be executed properly in a game situation, especially in your pre-district contests?

Warrior, I hope you don't think that I'm passing judgement on Faircloth. What I want to know is if he is holding back plays for a rainy day, which is what I have read on several occasions, don't you think it would be in his best interest to run some of those plays and see if they can actually be executed properly in a game situation, especially in your pre-district contests?

I don't think Faircloth is holding back plays, but I think he is being selective with the plays he initiates to fit the situation.  I'm not inside his head, so don't know.  What i HAVE noticed is that Faircloth has definitely raised the level of fundamental football strategies with PNG.  I think the game with BH was a good start of the season.  A close game, to keep the boys focused.  If it had been a blowout with PNG winning, sometimes the "big head" gets in the way of fundamentals.  I do think we will see more plays coming from Faircloth as PNG continues to improve.  You can't build a successful football program overnite, which is what Coach Faircloth is trying to do.  PNG fans are excited to get away form the "run, run, pass, punt" style of offense and have very high expectations.  I do as well, but with these expectations of Coach Faircloth, we still need to be "grounded" and realize that these are 16, 17, and 18 year olds out there playing their hearts out on Friday nights for our enjoyment and debate.

Why are you'all  calling out your coach after the first game. A game you won none the less.  ??? You guys have to much time on your hand. Read a book or go fishing.

Why are you'all  calling out your coach after the first game. A game you won none the less.  ??? You guys have to much time on your hand. Read a book or go fishing.

No one is calling out the coach.

Ya right.

I dont see what all the fuss is about unless somebody just wants to stir folks up. As I said in another thread, PNG looked ok for a first game. They've got lots to work on, but show me a team that doesn't. The positives I saw was the kids playing with a lot of heart. They were making good open-field tackles that they were missing last year. The defensive secondary looked great! Everything else needs some work. If Coach Faircloth doesn't win another game, he's got my support. This is a very different looking team than we saw last year. I'm still a Matt Burnett fan, but I'm really glad we made this change. The school board got the right guy in Brandon Faircloth. Its week 0 guys, give them a chance!

Just saw some of the highlights on youtube....not sure if it was a scrimmage or game??  Offense looks dynamite though...just needs some tuning up.  Multiple formations, PASSING, and there was a bit of a skip in the players step....didn't go to the game just commenting on the highlights.

Although the QB could sure work on a quicker release....it's like Kerry Collins times 8....once he gets it out he sure zings it though.

How is PNG making the playoffs going to be a surprise?  They've been hyped in the media since Faircloth was announced.  People are expecting magic, anything less is going to be a disappointment.  That's just the nature of high expectations at a school with such a rich history.  At the end of the day, it's a players game and schemes will only take you so far.  I think everyone in Nederland got a little concerned last night when our third year starting QB went out of the game... why?? cuz it's a players game.

I agree, Penny.  That is the "nature" of the game, getting a top notch coach, we as fans tend to think its magic.  But we have to remember, its the players themselves, that determine the outcome.  With that being said, I saw a lot of improved fundamentals last nite and it excited me.  I think Faircloth is doing a good job and has brought excitement to the Reservation.  You're not goind to build a program over night, and I think its unfair to Faircloth and the players to judge after the very first preseason game...but then, opinions do prevail.  Best of luck to ALL the teams in our district!  BTW, Kirby is in my prayers.

HOW DO YOU KNOW HE IS A TOP NOTCH COACH HE HAS DONE NOTHING AS A HEAD COACH.

C'mot texans, pay attention! If you read this board AT ALL last year, you'd know the PNG faithful were ready for a change. Coach Faircloth has come in and made wholesale changes. Before they played the first game, I new we had the right man for the job. This guy has been at every school event and has been a positive influence all the way around. He has not only motivated the players, but the students and fans. He has been a sucess at every level he has coached and came with ringing endorsements. There is more excitement at the Reservation now than has been here in years. Stay tuned, the best is yet to come.

How is PNG making the playoffs going to be a surprise?  They've been hyped in the media since Faircloth was announced.  People are expecting magic, anything less is going to be a disappointment.  That's just the nature of high expectations at a school with such a rich history.  At the end of the day, it's a players game and schemes will only take you so far.  I think everyone in Nederland got a little concerned last night when our third year starting QB went out of the game... why?? cuz it's a players game.

I agree, Penny.  That is the "nature" of the game, getting a top notch coach, we as fans tend to think its magic.  But we have to remember, its the players themselves, that determine the outcome.  With that being said, I saw a lot of improved fundamentals last nite and it excited me.  I think Faircloth is doing a good job and has brought excitement to the Reservation.  You're not goind to build a program over night, and I think its unfair to Faircloth and the players to judge after the very first preseason game...but then, opinions do prevail.  Best of luck to ALL the teams in our district!  BTW, Kirby is in my prayers.

Read the post. He said "a top notch coach" not "a top notch HEAD coach". Faircloth's track record as a coach thus far suggests that he is a top notch COACH. The head coach part is yet to be determined, but as a long time season ticket holder I am happy with him and the progress to date.

Some of you people on here have serious problems.

The game was sloppy.  Terrible on both sides of the ball for both teams.  compare them to some other teams i've seen this weekend and it is light years difference. 

Saying that, Faircloth needs some time to get his entire plan in motion.  Give the guy a break.

Give it a rest.

Child please.....

Since it appears that my post about "top notch coach" has been picked apart, let me clarify it, not that I have to.  Faircloth has not been a HEAD coach as yet, but a damn good coach, hands down.  Remember that when Faircloth was hired at PNG, it was for the AD/HC position.....given the motivation, time, and excitement he has brought to PNG (Booster club, objectives, etc), he's doing a GREAT job!  The game Friday night WAS a preseason game, one which will be reviewed, combed over, and adjustments made, just like all the other teams in the district will do.  I have never said that Faircloth is a "magician" or even that I believe that PNG will make the playoffs this year...but, as a dedicated Indian fan, it feels GREAT to see the excitement in and around the community...a large part due to the dedication and motivation of our HEAD Coach, Brandon Faircloth.  As we continue each week, I think the Indians will come together under his leadership and we will see bigger and better things as the season progresses.  Good luck to ALL the 20-4A teams for and injury free season.

I'm not worried about the first game in the slightest bit. In 1999 we looked TERRIBLE in the first game which ended up being a come from behind to squeak past Kelley by three points. That year ended up being a very successful season. We will be fine, just trust.

it is a brand new offense it will take some time to work out the kinks but i would watch out when they get it going. i have been told you will not see half of what coach faircloth has until district starts ;)

You are correct!

That half better have something in it. The half that we saw won't get it done this year not in this district.

Let see here we play one game won and now our game was sloppy yes but i have never seen a team play with so much effort as those boys did the exacution was not there but the heart was (on both sides of the ball) One thing i also saw that i didnt see last year was we can hit

Our guys believe that they will win district go to the playoffs and win state and faircloth made them believe that and i wont and i hope yall dont give them a ounce of discouragement

i am not going to say who is going to make the playoffs after only one game under their belt, but like i said earlier i think PNG is going to surprise a lot of people this year. Don't take my word for it just sit back and watch a powerful offense unfold ;)

I don't think anyone will take you guys for granted. I for one am still waiting to see what the new offence will look like. No doubt it will be a surprise to go from last year back to the playoff so quickly this year, but the jury is still out!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami