Crosby - Texas City Scrimmage

Cougars, TC knot up in scrimmage

TEXAS CITY – Crosby’s football team beat the weather and tied Texas City in a football scrimmage Friday night. While the lightning strikes that caused postponement of scrimmages for the Baytown and Barbers Hill teams didn’t affect Texas City, Cougar quarterback Dominic Merka did. He passed for two touchdowns, one an eight-yarder to Forrest Tyler and the other a 55-yard catch-and-run effort by M.J. Mathis. Texas City scored twice against Crosby’s starters. “I saw some good things and a bunch of stuff to work on,†Crosby head coach Kevin Flanigan said. “I thought our defense played well and M.J. Mathis had a real good night. I think he caught 10 passes.†Receiver Paul Erwin, tackle Michael Mangum, linebacker Anthony Nelson and defensive back Donnie Stark also impressed the coach. The Cougars open the season against Ennis in Waco next Saturday night at 7 p.m.

Baytown Sun, 8-23-09

Crosby defense with only 1 starter returning on front 7 will have there work cut out..Ennis QB threw for 3200 yards last year and has top receiver back this year..Ennis people are saying this is there year..Could be long night for the Coogs and long ride back from Waco.....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder