Dayton Vs. Bay City

I would expect Bay City to be pretty descent.  Judging by what I've seen thus far, Dayton will have a hard time putting up the 40 points/game that we've been spoiled by over the past 3 seasons.  Hopefully we'll get some consistency out of the QB spot and find some playmakers at receiver.  Defense looks pretty stout though.

This is kind of a scary game for Dayton I think. Im not saying its a must win but after the scrimmage games/practices, not everything is looking perfect. If for some reason Dayton drops this game then next week is going to be really scary. I just hope we can get a good confidence boost with at least one win before district play. I like how Stewart schedules these pre-district games. I think thats the reason that Dayton runs thru district like they do, year in and year out. No matter WHAT district they are in!!

DCTF picked them 5th in a 5 team district.

23-4A

1. Lamar Consolidated

2. Rosenberg Terry

3. Richmond Foster

4. El Campo

5. Bay City

According to the arcticle the run a Wing-T with the potential to be pretty good.

The coach is supposed to be a strong defensive Coach but only has 2 returners on defense.

TPI write up:

Bay City was the lone team at home after the regular season and seven players return to try and bring

about change for 2009. One thing is for certain, there will be proven guys in the backfield starting with

LeTevin Wilcox (5-10, 190). In eight games Wilcox had 884 yards and nine touchdowns.

Goodwin Wyche (5-10, 170) and Courtney Finney (5-10, 185) will also get time as well in the backfield.

It's early in the season with a new QB....well pretty much a new offense in terms of the skill players.  I would expect some early season bumps and things will be pretty well worked out by district play.  I'm going to miss the 35-0 halftime scores of the past few years however:(.

Regarding how far Bay City is away?

IF.....

U can somehow get squirley and go through Houston on Friday evening with little traffic (not trying to be sarcastic :-)  )

You can get there in less than 2 hours.

With no traffic, probably about 1 hour 45 minutes.

THE TOUPS GRAPHICS FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS PAGE IS UPDATED!!!

Check down 1/2 way down the page for directions to Bay City!

and.....

The Toups Graphics Fearless Previews are there!

ENJOY THE WEEK and for everyone heading out on Friday....

DRIVE SAFELY!

Good point Payne. I was wondering if anyone else had that feeling as well. I saw flashes of some real athleticism in the scrimmages from several players. #7 Franks will obviously be a big threat. #22 Jakari Delasbor (spelling?) has gotten bigger, stronger and faster. He will definitely be a force to be reckoned with. He didn't get that many attempts, but #5 Baldwin showed some real speed out of the backfield.

One of the more curious additions to the offense, to me, was the senior #24 Hines to wide receiver. Last year he was used exclusively on defense. He's built like a linebacker! I hear he squats a ton and is really fast. Guess we'll see how that works out.

But yea I agree, this offense does have a heck alot of potential. Just hope they get in stride before too many games pass.

The play thus far by the secondary concerns me the most,seen some bright spots here and there but as in the past teams that throw alot give us the most trouble.Looks like some type of zone vs.man to man coverage.May need to play a few folks both ways esp.on passing situations.The deep pass has been the factor in both scrimmages.

I think the main issue and deciding factor is the turnovers. Both Lumberton(twice) and WOS took advantage of some very short fields from turnovers. That's a great aspect for them to take adv. of those things and it's part of football but is something that should and will be corrected I'm sure.  Each Lumberton and WOS had 1 long drive for scores.

No doubt about the give-aways! I guess we got spoiled over the last couple of years on the turnovers. I have a hard time remembering a fumble or interception. Surely we had a few, but it wasn't many. Maybe liltex will give us the stat breakdown.  ;)

Pass coverage has to improve also. I'll consider it a success if Friendswood doesn't score on the flea-flicker bomb again this year!! Man-o-man. That would hurt.

6 interceptions last season, 5 by Cody and 1 by Zach Crowder.

Team      Fumbles/Lost

Bay City            2/1

Firendswood        4/2

GCM                  2/1

NF                    3/1

Crosby              0/0

BH                    0/0

Galena Park        1/0

King                  4/0

KP                      2/2

Liv.                    2/1

Elgin                    1/1

Terry                  2/2

Brenham              2/2

Tivy                  5/1

SS                    1/1

Total Fumbled 31 times and lost 15.

6 interceptions last season, 5 by Cody and 1 by Zach Crowder.

Team       Fumbles/Lost

Bay City             2/1

Firendswood        4/2

GCM                   2/1

NF                     3/1

Crosby               0/0

BH                     0/0

Galena Park         1/0

King                   4/0

KP                      2/2

Liv.                     2/1

Elgin                    1/1

Terry                  2/2

Brenham              2/2

Tivy                   5/1

SS                     1/1

Total Fumbled 31 times and lost 15.

Thanks for the quick stat check. That's a lot more than I would have guessed! Still not too many though. I guess all the touchdowns make you forget the turnovers. 8)

;)Thus far the Defensive line has played really well and the offensive scheme will improve every week as new position players get on the same page,Coach Stewart and staff have already proved it over 13 seasons.Kicking game is top notch for a change.

I would think that the fumbles would get better through the year considering that there is a sophomore in the backfield and a first time quarterback handing off.  I haven't seen any of the scrimmages, so I don't know if this is where the drops are occuring at though.  Also, what kind of range does Carranco have?  I will miss the old school kicking style from last year...but not the missed extra points.

Most of the fumbles have been past the line of scrimmage.The freshman Carranco has the leg to make 30 yd.field goals as his pats go onto the track.Ploch punting 50+ yds.almost everytime.Several warm-up punts from 45 yd.line went out of the end zone another 10 yds.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476