Dayton -Lumberton Scrimmage/18-14 Lumberton

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I say average I mean what you normally are. I mean no title for you this season. You take it how you want it. I dont care. Last year was your season to shine and I was glad for ya. This season is someone else's.n GL this season.

If its someone else's season to shine. Then please let me know who's season it is to shine so I can jump on the bandwagon too. Come on Jackhampster ANSWER MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Jackhammer is right about one thing. We did lose some good players. But I remember thinking the same thing the last three years after the first scrimmages. That the team didn't look that sharp. Passing game wasn't very crisp. Defense has some holes. yada yada yada.  But then....as the season gets under way, the team gets better each week.

So to say that we'll be "average" is pure conjecture. I have been amazed at how much the past Bronco teams have improved throughout the season. In fact, I believe thats the single best attribute of this coaching staff. The consistent improvement week in and week out. Obviously most teams improve in a season. The Broncos just do it better.

So remember this thread jackhammer, and lets discuss it again around Thanksgiving.

Got to make a trip to Houston this afternoon, but tomorrow afternoon I will post highlights of the scrimmage.

Congrats to both teams on a great scrimmage.

The kid from Lumberton who made the last pass reception in the 4th quarter for a first down, WOW!

An amazing grab right off the turf.

Too many fumbles and mistakes by the Broncos last night and the Raiders put the ball into the endzone when they had to.

Good luck to both teams this year.

Maybe.....

Both teams can meet in the playoffs this season.

The Broncos kept their end of the bargain the last two seasons, hopefully the Raiders will do what it takes too.

For some interesting reading head to....

This is the hidden content, please

for the team previews for 19 and 20 4A.

ps.....

Keep all the kids who are heading back to school on Monday AND THEIR TEACHERS in your prayers the next few days.

Good luck to both teams this season!

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

Got to make a trip to Houston this afternoon, but tomorrow afternoon I will post highlights of the scrimmage.

Congrats to both teams on a great scrimmage.

The kid from Lumberton who made the last pass reception in the 4th quarter for a first down, WOW!

An amazing grab right off the turf.

Too many fumbles and mistakes by the Broncos last night and the Raiders put the ball into the endzone when they had to.

Good luck to both teams this year.

Maybe.....

Both teams can meet in the playoffs this season.

The Broncos kept their end of the bargain the last two seasons, hopefully the Raiders will do what it takes too.

For some interesting reading head to....

http://www.toupsgraphics.com/fridaynightlights.html

for the team previews for 19 and 20 4A.

ps.....

Keep all the kids who are heading back to school on Monday AND THEIR TEACHERS in your prayers the next few days.

Good luck to both teams this season!

The WR you're referring to would be #6 Jesse Sparks. He also caught the deflected pass and ran that one in for a TD. I think he will end up making all-district by the end of the season....1st Team.

dayton bronco fans, you guys have a good football team again this year. your teams have earned all

our respect. coach s will have the guys back in the playoffs again this year. hope you broncos stay

healthy & good luck to your season,  keep that district title at home. thank for all your positive post

on this thread. truly dayton has something special going on . good athletes,some really good,great fan

base ,quality coaches & really nice football facilitys, this comment is deserving to you guys. thanks

for the great competion these broncos bring every year. great to see the followers of them raiders

last night. the travel,rain, the short wait, cheering our guys on. good scrimmage,thats what it was.

being played its worth keeping scoe,keeping score its worth winning,way to go raiders. raiders need to

work on some things, no need to get into that ,just proud the way the guys who did not start the

first half, showed up big for the second half. good pass game,good defense game, need work on rush

offense, but it was better than last week. my nephew ,mr beard, was sore from all them blockers from

dayton popping him. said that his quads was sore but knee was really good. missed some reads & started a little late but he will get stronger & stroner as time goes, oh, he will get some carries this

year, coach said he will just bye his time until its time to rumble down the field. ryan hughes lookes really good, young man deserves his due,he has put in the time. jesse & kyler are gonna be awesome,

what about the younger player coming in, them sophies,they looking good. oh, coach creduer & his

staff are some awesome guys,never think that they are not worth their due, keep these guys & follow

daytons,wos,ned, example, find a good one & take care of these guys, tradition is born, thanks again dayton broncos, thanks again lumberton raiders & good luck this year

Ok, I read all the posts and now it's my turn to weigh in  :). Congratulations L-Town on the win, to be honest when I saw the title of the post, I thought the score was the other way around so I was ready to start chewing on some of the crow I figured we'd see....whew, really wasn't hungry tonight. I'm glad two years ago that we got Dayton as our first district game since they are slow starters, we all know what you guys did to the rest of the district, LOL. Secondly, I'm kicking myself, I got busy and forgot what time it was so I missed the scrimmage/super bowl/life or death game.....lol, but I look forward to seeing you guys in what 13 games? That's right, I'm making the prediction now, of course we have a tough road ahead of us, to include our districts O-fer team who beat Texas City last week in another not important scrimmage, but we'll get there. When we do, I expect Dayton to throw your best at us, we'll need it to take that big trophy or ring or piece of bubblegum, not sure as we've never been there before. I also expect to meet LIL, Rollin and maybe even the great sports writer Purple (man I think you do the best write ups =).) and anyone else who wants to complain to me or buy me a soda, whichever. I worried about all the recent post how L-Towns O line wasn't good enough and we aren't as good as we have been the last two years, but after tonight I'm not nearly as worried. Slow start or not, to beat the Broncs even in a scrimmage in their own corral is an achievement if you ask me.

Now, someone said something about Lumbertons' fair weather fans. I didn't know we had any of those, I mean think about it, we've been on the ho hum average or less side of the ball for so long that anyone who steadily shows up to games, isn't what I'd call a fair weather fan, L-Town has started a new tradition of winning and I think it will last for awhile but I don't see everyone bailing if we do have a not so good season in the future maybe I'm an optimist, who knows. I only have one more thing to say as of this post.....................................

5 MORE DAYS UNTIL KICKOFF, ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!

ROT you've finally showed up man!!  Don't worry I'm still drowsy from my pre-football season slumber as well.  Backflipper don't hit the panic button on me yet...Good luck to both teams and hopefully we'll have a meaningful game in the near future so we can really get the smack talk rollin'.  18 though??  It's a 20 yard field goal....doesn't Lumberton have a really good soccer team????  Can't someone kick a football 20 yards???  Wait this coming from a fan who's team has 1 field goal since I can remember...but it was one heck of a field goal!!!

PS - ROT....something tells me the "soda" I'm buying you might have some soda in it.....

PSS - Are there really no Dugat's in Dayton Football right now???  Something doesn't feel right about that...

ROT you've finally showed up man!!  Don't worry I'm still drowsy from my pre-football season slumber as well.  Backflipper don't hit the panic button on me yet...Good luck to both teams and hopefully we'll have a meaningful game in the near future so we can really get the smack talk rollin'.  18 though??  It's a 20 yard field goal....doesn't Lumberton have a really good soccer team????  Can't someone kick a football 20 yards???  Wait this coming from a fan who's team has 1 field goal since I can remember...but it was one heck of a field goal!!!

PS - ROT....something tells me the "soda" I'm buying you might have some soda in it.....

PSS - Are there really no Dugat's in Dayton Football right now???  Something doesn't feel right about that...

Dude, I never went to sleep.....just snuck over to the soccer forum for awhile..........lol

Now we go from Foosball to FOOTBALL and I was thinking the same as you, where ARE all those soccer players.

18-14, man I hope Lumberton is good this season. If not, ....

Lumberton was clearly the better team this early---the Dayton coaching staff has their work cut out for them but they always deliver and this season will be no different.

18-14, man I hope Lumberton is good this season. If not, ....

We arent "good" this season. I feel like we have much less talent than the last 2 years. I'm not sure how we will do. However, I know we will show up and play hard. We arent very big up front, and it was evident in the scrimmage with our running game.

Lumberton better find someone that can make a PAT kick or it's gonna come around to bite us in the butt. We have a great soccer team, how come we can't find us someone to split the uprights?

Probably because some of the best soccer players, the past few years, have been blowing in the band during football season

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476