Texas High School Football Preseason Top 40

Guest scottpellegrin93

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We appeciate the work in puttimg it together.  I respect a fellow HS football fan putting polls together for the sake of conversation...  Because this is what your predictions are causing plenty of.    I have my opinion.  I cannot speak for my fellow posters, and I'm not disrespecting you, but the 4a rankings suck.  there is no way around that... :-\

You still haven't explained the rankings.  Why do you think PNG rates as #29?

And Nederland should be rank ahead of us?

I am not asking because I am upset about Nederland's ranking, I don't put much stock in rankings and niether does Neumann.  The Dogs do the talking on the field.  But, since you brought it up as far as the regional rankings go, yes.  Vidor and PNG are two teams that we beat consistently over multiple seasons, not just last year.  PNG has a new coach and is unproven.  Vidor has the same team and coach as last year and missed the playoffs for the eighth straight year.  I think until proven otherwise, the pre-season rankings should reflect that.

So explain PNG being on it?

After reading some of the comments and hate on this thread, you don't deserve an explanation.

Great job again on the rankings!  But you of all people know that these are like the NCAA selections.  No matter how thought out they are, someone is going to gripe!

Appreciate it.. I do agree with you! Some people have no clue the amount of research, analyzing, reanalyzing and discussions it takes with different people and coaches to put this stuff together. I have spent several months on this material and to get disrespected for the results of how I put it together is an absolute insult. Cry and whine when they don't see their team in a certain spot. In the end, rankings mean nothing but I spend several months on it.

I feel ya, but I have got to ask again where is Cleveland??? Its crazy to me!

After reading some of the comments and hate on this thread, you don't deserve an explanation.

Great job again on the rankings!  But you of all people know that these are like the NCAA selections.  No matter how thought out they are, someone is going to gripe!

Appreciate it.. I do agree with you! Some people have no clue the amount of research, analyzing, reanalyzing and discussions it takes with different people and coaches to put this stuff together. I have spent several months on this material and to get disrespected for the results of how I put it together is an absolute insult. Cry and whine when they don't see their team in a certain spot. In the end, rankings mean nothing but I spend several months on it.

I feel ya, but I have got to ask again where is Cleveland??? Its crazy to me!

Part of the issue with Cleveland is their district and their scheduling. Sure, they will probably win 9 or 10 games... but when you look at the overall strength of those potential wins, it's not all that impressive, even in non-district play. Some 2A people were wondering the same thing about Vanderbilt Industrial in Region IV, basically Industrial falls under the same issues Cleveland does. A district that really drags them down.

I am not asking because I am upset about Nederland's ranking, I don't put much stock in rankings and niether does Neumann.  The Dogs do the talking on the field.  But, since you brought it up as far as the regional rankings go, yes.  Vidor and PNG are two teams that we beat consistently over multiple seasons, not just last year.  PNG has a new coach and is unproven.  Vidor has the same team and coach as last year and missed the playoffs for the eighth straight year.  I think until proven otherwise, the pre-season rankings should reflect that.

Completely agree...

We appeciate the work in puttimg it together.  I respect a fellow HS football fan putting polls together for the sake of conversation...  Because this is what your predictions are causing plenty of.    I have my opinion.  I cannot speak for my fellow posters, and I'm not disrespecting you, but the 4a rankings suck.  there is no way around that... :-\

In your opinion, they suck. While I don't believe them to be completely accurate, I love the rankings. In my opinion, they're great. To me, it shows that we're getting some respect from around the state for the first time in a while.

In your opinion, they suck. While I don't believe them to be completely accurate, I love the rankings. In my opinion, they're great. To me, it shows that we're getting some respect from around the state for the first time in a while.

Heard it best the other day, some of these schools are getting a lot of attention and hadn't even...umm lets say whizzed a drop!

We appeciate the work in puttimg it together.  I respect a fellow HS football fan putting polls together for the sake of conversation...  Because this is what your predictions are causing plenty of.    I have my opinion.  I cannot speak for my fellow posters, and I'm not disrespecting you, but the 4a rankings suck.  there is no way around that... :-\

Heard it best the other day, some of these schools are getting a lot of attention and hadn't even...umm lets say whizzed a drop!

I'll admit that I don't believe many of the predictions for PN-G to be realistic (including this one - no offense TexasHSFootball, just a difference of opinion), but I do believe PN-G has a solid shot at the #3 district spot and the playoffs this year. I also don't believe that you can just write a football team off because they have a new coach, coaching staff, or system. I think that too many people think that PN-G will perform poorly this year simply because we have a new coaching staff. I don't think that Central will perform poorly this year simply because they have a new coach. In fact, in another thread, I said that I believe that Central will take the #2 spot. I just don't think it's fair for some to take a school lightly because there's been a major change when there's obvious evidence of major improvement as well as a decorated new coaching staff.

I don't know why everyone so freakin sensitive about their ranking...everyone is 0-0 !  Look at TXHS Rankings, Dave Campbell, Soulja's rankings( ;D)...It means absolutely nothing....your strength of schedule...sorry not the BCS(it will not determine our State champion)....we have a play-off system.  You may be able to measure or rank Teams this year after they do something.  Then maybe, the rankings will be a little more accurate than they are now. 

Do we still want to see Pre-season rankings?  Absolutely...just don't go getting all dramatic when your team is not ranked the way you want it to be...use it as motivation like Central will...they got further in the play offs than most of us, if not all of us...but that was last year...new year, new coach, new team(only bringing back 3 starters, I believe)...

As for what is going on at PNG, it's a strong community, lots of money, lots of missing success...they see hope....good for them....lots of teams have new coaches.  Because PNG's coach came from Permian(a recently revived program) he's suppose to save the program here(media blew it up)... yet to be proven...Coach Stump came to us from Kelly(what is Kelly?)...Coach Nelson at Ozen is comming from West Brook....so-on and so-on.

TXHSFOOTBALL stated, his ranking are based on HIS research....has anybody else done any research on all the high schools in the State?  Not saying I agree with the rankings, but he may be close to being right...lots of factors play in to dat I'm sure...depth, injuries, schedule, etc...

As far as I'm concerned, he's the expert on this board...

Guest scottpellegrin93

I am not asking because I am upset about Nederland's ranking, I don't put much stock in rankings and niether does Neumann.  The Dogs do the talking on the field.  But, since you brought it up as far as the regional rankings go, yes.   Vidor and PNG are two teams that we beat consistently over multiple seasons, not just last year.  PNG has a new coach and is unproven.  Vidor has the same team and coach as last year and missed the playoffs for the eighth straight year.  I think until proven otherwise, the pre-season rankings should reflect that.

Nederland/PN-G

INDIANS LEAD, 47-31-7

so yeah they got a good 16 games ahead of yall

They don't know about all the superstars....Just like they don't know bout Da' Brooks superstars....guess they'll be adjusting those polls after the first few weeks....I know we'll move up at Da' Brook....Central....ya'll only have one place to go :-X :-X :-X ;D

All I know is that Brook is in trouble.  I hope they don't get exploited too much for the Katy game... ;) ;)

I heard that! The problem is, we might get exploited by either of a couple of schools before we get beat down by Katy. Yes SgtRey, I know Bruce is very talented, but he has not seen a snap of varsity competition......especially at the QB position. It's going to take a few weeks for everything to fall into place, and we might have a pretty good team in the making, but we haven't done anything yet. Rankings are nice, but they dont mean a thing when it comes to winning games.

We all appreciate the hard work you put into those rankings.....but if I can make a suggestion. I know that you mostly do this work by yourself, but it would be really helpful if you could manage to stay on top of updating the site within a reasonable time after games have been played. I used to really enjoy your site, and it's still in my favorites, but I guit visiting your site because it seemed like the info was two to three weeks old, and scores were not updated regularly.

They don't know about all the superstars....Just like they don't know bout Da' Brooks superstars....guess they'll be adjusting those polls after the first few weeks....I know we'll move up at Da' Brook....Central....ya'll only have one place to go :-X :-X :-X ;D

All I know is that Brook is in trouble.  I hope they don't get exploited too much for the Katy game... ;) ;)

I heard that! The problem is, we might get exploited by either of a couple of schools before we get beat down by Katy. Yes SgtRey, I know Bruce is very talented, but he has not seen a snap of varsity competition......especially at the QB position. It's going to take a few weeks for everything to fall into place, and we might have a pretty good team in the making, but we haven't done anything yet. Rankings are nice, but they dont mean a thing when it comes to winning games.

Your right 82...did you see the scrimmage today?

Hey TXHS FOOTBALL, who does WB got at QB and what do you know bout him?

Hey, quit trying to blow your own horn.  ;D  Remember, Bruce might not have been named the starter if Paul Falgout had not gotten numerous concussions. Paul would have most likely been the starter.

N/C....did you watch the spring game?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124