Barbers Hill Practices

Watched practice the other day and have to say the young looked good.

I think they will surprise a lot of teams that look at last years record. There are a lot of kids on this team that are getting no publicity but are well deserving. Some of this could be my fault for not posting their names,stats,40time,tackles,carries, catches but just cant find the time. Here are a few names I know are key players.

Kade Mcdonald

Mathew Viverette

Brian Meyer

Carter Smith

Kade Bradford

Randle Adlong

Caleb Stork

?      Hooper

Azee

? Payne

I know its bad that I don't know all of the Kids Name so please feel free to fill in more names of Eagles that you think will contribe to the Eagles this year.    

Go Eagles and Good Luck

Guest Ranger83

I think they will surprise a lot of teams that look at last years record. There are a lot of kids on this team that are getting no publicity but are well deserving. Some of this could be my fault for not posting their names,stats,40time,tackles,carries, catches but just cant find the time. Here are a few names I know are key players.

Kade Mcdonald

Mathew Viverette

Brian Meyer

Carter Smith

Kade Bradford

Randle Adlong

Caleb Stork

?      Hooper

Azee

? Payne

I know its bad that I don't know all of the Kids Name so please feel free to fill in more names of Eagles that you think will contribe to the Eagles this year.    

Go Eagles and Good Luck

The ? Payne is Sr Garrett Payne. He happens to be my nephew. He lost a few pounds this summer and is in great shape. I hope he has a successful Sr season. ( except when he plays the Goose ;))

Kade Mcdonald

Mathew Viverette

Brian Meyer

Carter Smith

Kade Bradford

Randle Adlong

Caleb Stork

?      Hooper

Azee

? Payne

Go Eagles and Good Luck

The other 2 might be Mitchell Hopper and Azee Caldwell, not sure but that's my guess. A few more that I can think of would be James Bellard, Ryan Reuter, and Logan McSwain.

Thanks for the updates guys and keep them coming! There are a lot of hard working kids on this team and they will entertain us old farts this season for sure ;D ;D I'm looking forward to seeing how much Bradford has improved this year. Last year I though he looked pretty good out there and he had some size for a Sophmore as well as some glimpses of speed! In the scrimmage against Clevleand last year he broke one for about 70 and smoked the d-backs, but did get to see to much of that break away speed in the season. Hopefully we have some guys that can lay down some blocks this year and we can see that speed again. Any idea what Kade is running in the 40?

That would be Garrett Payne. Might also mention Chris Fechner on the line, and Chrs Frazier, at Lb or possibly could get a look at running the ball. Their gonna need more than just Kade Bradford. The secondary had losses due to graduation and if Viverette moves to QB, look for Eric Ables, Kyle Brown, Cade Mcdonald, or Richard Ibbarra I think to get playing time there.. all those guys have good speed and are seniors I think. They have lot of seniors this year. I agree these guys are gonna surprise some people.

That would be Garrett Payne. Might also mention Chris Fechner on the line, and Chrs Frazier, at Lb or possibly could get a look at running the ball. Their gonna need more than just Kade Bradford. The secondary had losses due to graduation and if Viverette moves to QB, look for Eric Ables, Kyle Brown, Cade Mcdonald, or Richard Ibbarra I think to get playing time there.. all those guys have good speed and are seniors I think. They have lot of seniors this year. I agree these guys are gonna surprise some people.

Their gonna need about 10 more to be exact ;D , but outside of the players there will need to be some agressive play calling! Take some chances! It always seems that we are playing not to lose instead of to win. The run left, right , middle, punt ain't gonna get us know where in a hurry 8) I'm hoping to see some slant patterns by Carter Smith this year! I think they did that once and he must have gotten to much yards because it just didn't happen to much after that! Smith can fly to the ball!

Hope the Hill the best in 09.You have great tradition and spirit and 4 teams get to go again.Ya'll be ok.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed ;D Goodluck to the Bronco's as well! Should be another stellar season for Dayton!

We need quality defense in the backfield playing the speed of Dayton, Crosby, and North Forest.  If they move Viverette to QB, get the Milk Shake ready.  We will not outscore our apponents as apposed to holding them on defense.  We do not have the atheletes or offensive coaching to do that.  Our best option is to play hard nose smash mouth defense and do what we can to prevent the long yardage plays.  As BHFAN mentioned, we play to not lose, so we already have 2 strikes against us.   

Yeah, agreed, seeing how the QB position shakes out for BH will be interesting.. Viverette has good speed on defense, so he would be missed there. Don't think Brown has played football in while, but has speed. Their are lots of holes to fill from last year due to graduation as far as DB's go.. Very few teams have the speed to deal with Dayton, but I think any of these guys would be fine against the other schools. And with Crosby losing Xavier Franks, that hurts them bigtime..

I agree about Bradford if he would lower his head & run like he is capable of then we might be able to establish some type of a running game. He has the build for a power runner & his ability to run the ball will be a key to opening up the passing game for us.

Don't count us all the way back just yet.  This team is still young.  These guys have gained much game experience the last couple of years after we graduated the school in 07.  I think we will still surprise a few folks if we can get the "D" line playing like the "Blue Wall" we had in the past.  We need to keep the O line off of our linebackers.  The secondary has some speed and athleticism.  We will get a good idea where we are this Saturday.

Steel curtain is right on again IMO. The "D" line is critical in helping a young secondary perform to their ability. A strong pass rush in passing situations, will give the secondary time to mature and gel into a solid unit. We play some teams with exceptional speed, so the secondary will have to step up, but BH has good athletes here.

I agree about Bradford, someone needs to give him some Earl Campbell videos to watch...If that kid would put his mind to it he could be a devastating runner.  Like Earl he's not going to out finesse people, but he can put his head down and run over people, if he would hit the hole at top speed it would take 5 yards to bring him down even if everyone missed their blocks.  Come on Bradford...become a beast, the team needs you!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83