25-1a-Next Year season

Even from last year the district has got weaker except for 3 teams

Spurger returning 3

Sabine Pass returning 4

Evadale returning 3 but just wont be at Sabine or Spurger level of ball

Spurger&Sabine will play 3 games against each other in district for 1st (jmo Sabine will have it this year but it really could go any way)

Maybe 4times through the season because i believe both could make it to regional with a little luck.

Whats your take on the season and beyond?

And If known what school stands in the way of Spurger&Sabine

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even from last year the district has got weaker except for 3 teams

Spurger returning 3

Sabine Pass returning 4

Evadale returning 3 but just wont be at Sabine or Spurger level of ball

Spurger&Sabine will play 3 games against each other in district for 1st (jmo Sabine will have it this year but it really could go any way)

Maybe 4times through the season because i believe both could make it to regional with a little luck.

Whats your take on the season and beyond?

And If known what school stands in the way of Spurger&Sabine

I think Spurger & SP will be dog fights again this year,But when Mcgallion and Whittaker went down with injuries last season a few kids steped up off the JV and got the job done.Remember Spurger won at their place

with Whittaker not playing,also remember this name(Shain Rawls) he will be 1st team all district this year

along with the other three first teamers.JMO Evadale will be much,much better this year and could shock a few teams along the way and you can't ever count out Hull either,their all ways very athletic.

• 2 weeks later...

not counting yall out giving yall more respect then last year

I just can't see them beat Spurger or Sabine.

but i also don't think yall will be a push over.

On paper it looks like evadale has the better team because of there height.

But Sabine and Spurger have more skill and wont stop coming at you intill the game is over.

• 3 weeks later...

I hate to be the one with bad news but Evadale will not be as good as they could have been this year. There only speed point guard is claming he is not playing and the 6"6 kid is leaving as soon as football is over. This bunch of kids could have been a good team they just never have come around. I wish the kids that play the best of luck they will be a young team.

I hate to be the one with bad news but Evadale will not be as good as they could have been this year. There only speed point guard is claming he is not playing and the 6"6 kid is leaving as soon as football is over. This bunch of kids could have been a good team they just never have come around. I wish the kids that play the best of luck they will be a young team.

I heard that during the summer about your pg,But where is the 6'6" kid going.(spurger I hope)LOL :)

I heard that during the summer about your pg,But where is the 6'6" kid going.(spurger I hope)LOL :)

If  he was to go to Spurger they win state the next two years hands down with the tallent they have now. But he s not going there, cant say were just yet but it wont be to another 1a school.  

:o :o :o :o :o

WOOOOOOOW

I GUESS HD TAKES THIRD

I didn't see anyone at Evadale last year that had the potential to play college basketball.Did this kid play last year?E/C has a good basketball tradition but hasn't been the power since Tramain graduated.They will probably finish 3'rd this year behind Anahuac and Kountze.On the 25-a scene this year barring injuries Spurger will win it.Sabine Pass will be a close second and could make it interesting if Cruthirds moves to the point.

I don't remember his # but he gave the club a huge spark when he came in the ball game at Spurger and in the playoff games I saw.He can push the ball and dish it when he needs to.The kids that played the point last year is either gonna have to get more aggressive or play on the wing for the Sharks to be a complete club.Cruthirds was also the best defender I saw on the club last year.

Guest THE SCOUTER

Sabine Pass and Spurger will be the top two teams again. I Don't see anybody else competing with these two. Unless these boys have a bad night. Sabine Pass has a huge hole to fill at the Center/PF position. I hope everybody hasn't forgot about HD, they still have that big kid (Fontenet) if im not mistaken.

Guest THE SCOUTER

I didn't see anyone at Evadale last year that had the potential to play college basketball.Did this kid play last year?E/C has a good basketball tradition but hasn't been the power since Tramain graduated.They will probably finish 3'rd this year behind Anahuac and Kountze.On the 25-a scene this year barring injuries Spurger will win it.Sabine Pass will be a close second and could make it interesting if Cruthirds moves to the point.

Nah not Cruthirds

He is a good player but his handle are not on the level for pg.

If you watched last year #3 or #25  was running things

If Cruthirds start #25 will have to play pg

Nah not Cruthirds

He is a good player but his handle are not on the level for pg.

If you watched last year #3 or #25  was running things

If Cruthirds start #25 will have to play pg

Did Cruthirds play V-ball last year if so what # was he?

I don't remember his # but he gave the club a huge spark when he came in the ball game at Spurger and in the playoff games I saw.He can push the ball and dish it when he needs to.The kids that played the point last year is either gonna have to get more aggressive or play on the wing for the Sharks to be a complete club.Cruthirds was also the best defender I saw on the club last year.

Cruthirds was the spark of the team. That kid came off the bench with high intensity. He was more of a defensive player. On the other hand there point gaurd doesn't work as hard on defense but moves the ball on offense, also he needs to learn to penetrate with the ball and not make the top his home.

Yes he played last year but only the last 3 dist. games due to grades. He was a soph. and only 6 2. He avg. 18 points in those three games. He grew 4 in this summer and now is 6 6. and has two more years to play.

Sabine Pass and Spurger will be the top two teams again. I Don't see anybody else competing with these two. Unless these boys have a bad night. Sabine Pass has a huge hole to fill at the Center/PF position. I hope everybody hasn't forgot about HD, they still have that big kid (Fontenet) if im not mistaken.

Sabine may have a little trouble with Wittaker this year,he is only a little over 6'3" but he put on about 10 or 15 pounds of muscle and can throw it down at will.Nice moves in the paint and is money from 15 - 16 foot.

He has added the 3 ball this summer hitting at a pretty good average.I think he will be a big mis match for a lot of clubs this season.

The 3 ball is a great weapon but Spurger already had that in Blankenship and McGallion.If George has put on 15 pounds and muscled up the paint will belong to him this year.Sabine Pass had a lanky kid who was a pretty good ball player but he looked more comfortable at the 3 or 4 than in the paint.Who will the pirates have this year to go along with Whittacre,Blankenship and McGallion.I was impressed last year with the young Spurger coach.I saw him work with the BS kids for sevral years and he did an excellent job last year with Spurger.

The 3 ball is a great weapon but Spurger already had that in Blankenship and McGallion.If George has put on 15 pounds and muscled up the paint will belong to him this year.Sabine Pass had a lanky kid who was a pretty good ball player but he looked more comfortable at the 3 or 4 than in the paint.Who will the pirates have this year to go along with Whittacre,Blankenship and McGallion.I was impressed last year with the young Spurger coach.I saw him work with the BS kids for sevral years and he did an excellent job last year with Spurger.

Shain Rawls (Junior) will most likly start along with Hutto(senior) with the other three.

About three more steping up of the JV will make the V this year.It will be like last year 8 maybe 9 suit

out on the varsity.George is around 215 pounds.I know it was summer ball but if george was out side and the bigs

followed him out,he drove by them.If they stayed back off him he would hit the three.In one of the games

in the huntington tourney he went 7 for 10 from down town.   

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124