Michael Bisping vs. Wanderlei Silva in the works for main event of UFC 105 in No

Wanderlei Silva's (32-10-1 MMA, 2-5 UFC) first contest in the middleweight division will likely take place at UFC 105 in November.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned from sources close to the event that Silva is currently in negotiations to face Michael Bisping (17-2 MMA, 7-2 UFC) in the main event of the Spike TV-broadcast event. While bout agreements have not yet been distributed, company officials are hoping to officially announce the contest as soon as next week.

UFC 105 takes place at Manchester Evening News Arena in Manchester, England. The card airs in the U.S. on same-day tape delay.

The bout will be Silva's first in the middleweight division after spending the majority of his legendary career competing at over 200 pounds. "The Axe Murderer" made the first step toward the 185-pond limit in June, dropping a unanimous decision to Rich Franklin in a catchweight bout at 195 pounds.

While Silva remains a worldwide fan-favorite, the 33-year-old has earned just one victory in his past six contests.

Bisping will be looking to rebound from a devastating knockout loss to Dan Henderson at UFC 100 earlier this month. The defeat, was just the second in Bisping's MMA, career, and it ended a three-fight win streak for "The Ultimate Fighter 3" winner.

As first reported by MMAjunkie.com, Dan Hardy, James Wilks and Ross Pearson are also expected to compete on the UFC 105 card.

UFC is struggling with this crap. Who cares? Bisping was KO'd in the 1st Round and Silva is losing pop too. That's a good undercard fight.

as a fan i care.... its a fight i would like to see and could/should be very entertaining.

I agree. While Silva is a major favorite, I'm interested. They are two big names and Bisping could be one punch away from knocking Silva out.

Thats true. As much as i love Silva's ferocity he throws his punches wildly and keeps his chin exposed often. Remember his most recent fight with Rampage?

IMHO..Don't think it's main event material.

What would you recommend, maybe Booker T & The Undertaker?   ;)

For a free event to the US, I think it's a good fight.  I'd love to see Bisping KO'd twice in a row!  ;D

OHHHHH SNAP!!! :o    ;D

Wanderlei KOs bisping round one ...hes going to push the pace and yeh he swings wild but hes got a pretty good chin and i dont think bisping has the quickness or the power of the ppl that have beat the axe murderer recently.....and as far as main event material i will always pay to see wanderlei fight especially when the ppl hes losing to have mostly all been top contenders he always makes it a fight. has he ever been in a boring fight? 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder