What do you think ?

This weekend at a tourney in Pasadena ,I saw a young lady pass out from heat exaustion after playing in the brutal heat this weekend . The young lady was hyperventilating and fading in and out of conciseness before the paremedics arrived, she was in very bad shape and looked to go into convulsions  :-\ The next day this same young lady was on the field running bases and playing in this same brutal heat with the hospital band on her arm  ??? ??? ??? I have made many decisions questioned by others, but can not understand how a coach or parent would allow a player take this chance the very next day after being in such bad shape . Kids should be able to make decisions in life but a life and death decision changes the perspective. Heat exhaustion is no joke or anything to play with. It is an illness that once you have exposed your body to it ,makes you more prone to have again . Even if the parents want there kid to play I know myself as a coach would if nothing else have her sit the bench for her well being . What are some of your opinions on this  ???

I wouldn't have played her the next day. I would have asked her to be a part of the dugout for sure, but nothing outside of that.

As brutal as that heat was, I'd just have her stay at home and regain full hydration. The team only had 9 suited out to play, but live to play another day.

So is there some logical reason the coach felt the need to keep the player in or he or she just plain stupid? I question the parents as well to allow the daughter to play for someone like that.

there are a lot of parents out there that push their kids harder than the coaches do.  before we place the blame on the coach, we need to at least consider the possibility that the parents pushed her to play, and possibly pressured the coach to put her back on the field as well.

For consideration, any tier-level of heat stroke has a residue impact on the body.

Once you cross this incipient threshold; they need some rest and observation.

Bad choice by Coach and parents to not observe this child for several days and to get medical help if any suspicious health related events in their lives take place in a followup setting.

This weekend at a tourney in Pasadena ,I saw a young lady pass out from heat exaustion after playing in the brutal heat this weekend . The young lady was hyperventilating and fading in and out of conciseness before the paremedics arrived, she was in very bad shape and looked to go into convulsions  :-\ The next day this same young lady was on the field running bases and playing in this same brutal heat with the hospital band on her arm  ??? ??? ??? I have made many decisions questioned by others, but can not understand how a coach or parent would allow a player take this chance the very next day after being in such bad shape . Kids should be able to make decisions in life but a life and death decision changes the perspective. Heat exhaustion is no joke or anything to play with. It is an illness that once you have exposed your body to it ,makes you more prone to have again . Even if the parents want there kid to play I know myself as a coach would if nothing else have her sit the bench for her well being . What are some of your opinions on this  ???

If I am the umpire and know she had this condition, I would ask for a Doctors release.  If none, she

would set the bench, and I would be in my rights.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124