Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid for $131.6M

Manchester United have accepted an £80m ($131.6m or €93.9m) offer from Real Madrid for Cristiano Ronaldo.

Cristiano Ronaldo's last game for United was the Champions League final defeat to Barca

A statement on the United website confirmed that a deal for the 24-year-old should be completed by the end of the month.

This is the hidden content, please

Guest Statesman09

Ya that might work but then where is Berbatov gonna go?

So what player are they going to get with all the money they are getting for ronaldo???

Ya that might work but then where is Berbatov gonna go?

So what player are they going to get with all the money they are getting for ronaldo???

Berbatov is good, but I think he is gunna keep the same role he had this year, coming off the bench... I think Nani is somewhat close to Ronaldo's playing style, so he might get more time... Surely Anderson will too... But who knows who they're gunna bring in...

ManUtd are now in talks to sign Spanish forward David Villa from Villareal.  Villareal are almost bankrupt, so they need to get some cash quickly.  The usual suspects - Real Madrid, Barcelona, & Chelsea - are also trying to get him. 

I think Tevez is as good as gone.  I've read that his agent wants him to go to Manchester City so he can stick it to ManU - and they've got tons of cash, but that would still give The Reds 3 world class strikers in Rooney, Berbatov, and Villa (who is a definite upgrade over Tevez IMO).  I guess they really think Nani or Anderson will blossom on the wings because I think Rooney is much more comfortable up front.  Just look what he's doing for England!

And what about Macheda or Danny Welbeck?  These guys would be starting at many top-flight clubs throughout Europe, but now they're still going to be fourth and fifth choice.  With the defense strong and deep, the embarrassment of riches at forward, and the central midfield nucleus of Fletcher and Carrick, it seems that a winger would be the first order of business.

They will get Antonio Valencia from Wigan to play the left side for about 16m pounds  ;) (I think Ribery from Bayern will cost more than they want to spend) and they will either try to keep Tevez  :) (which will be tough  :( ) or maybe pick-up Benzema from Lyon  ;) . I don't know if Valencia will give up David Villa for a fair price if United even want him.  :-\

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder