• Burkville
    • Chester
    • Colmesneil
    • Evadle
    • High Island
    • H-D
    • West Hardin
    • Sabine Pass

What is amazing to me is that Evadale has far fewer numbers in high school yet has more numbers on the football field than both WH and HD. 

I look for these three teams to go to the playoffs once again.  Gotta pick my Rebs for the district crown again.  But good luck to everybody. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lay off the Grandpaw's, we don't have anything to prove.  We already proved it.

Your right Grandpaw doesn't have anything to prove ,he won. The kids playing today are the one s that have something to prove and until they Beat Evadale the trash talking goes on. Just having fun you all have had the bragging rights, now its our turn.

Hopefully H.I and Sabine Pass do well.

i dont see that happening

I would say that if a surprise team comes out of 23A, my money would be on HI. I felt a little better about them before their coach left, but players have a thing about playing for the one that stays. I believe I am correct that the new HC was coaching at HI last year and just got the nod.

HI has some athletes including a good running back and a big line. If they can replace the QB things could get interesting by the end of the season.

HI doesn't have a chance might be a little improved but WH and HD killed them last year and HI won't improve enough to close the gap between them and the top 3 teams in the district

Yes, Hull - Dasietta did beat the dog out of High Island last year (62 - 0), but the West Hardin game was a good one (36 - 22, fourteen point difference).  So I don't see how West Hardin killed them last year.  And add in the fact that High Island lost to Evadale by fourteen points also (34 - 20).  Copeland did all the damage in the West Hardin game (he accounted for all of the WH td's), and like stated early in this topic High Island played Evadale well for two and half quarters.  I think the Cardinals may make some people think this year, they may be on the outside looking in, but don't overlook them at all.

HI doesn't have a chance might be a little improved but WH and HD killed them last year and HI won't improve enough to close the gap between them and the top 3 teams in the district

Yes, Hull - Dasietta did beat the dog out of High Island last year (62 - 0), but the West Hardin game was a good one (36 - 22, fourteen point difference).  So I don't see how West Hardin killed them last year.   And add in the fact that High Island lost to Evadale by fourteen points also (34 - 20).  Copeland did all the damage in the West Hardin game (he accounted for all of the WH td's), and like stated early in this topic High Island played Evadale well for two and half quarters.   I think the Cardinals may make some people think this year, they may be on the outside looking in, but don't overlook them at all.

ya but the game agianst WH was close on the scoreboard but it was never close Copleland didnt play the whole 4th quarter and two of those touchdowns were on the JV, West Hardins varsity didnt play the whole 4th quarter and some of the 3rd

Yes, Hull - Dasietta did beat the dog out of High Island last year (62 - 0), but the West Hardin game was a good one (36 - 22, fourteen point difference).  So I don't see how West Hardin killed them last year.   And add in the fact that High Island lost to Evadale by fourteen points also (34 - 20).  Copeland did all the damage in the West Hardin game (he accounted for all of the WH td's), and like stated early in this topic High Island played Evadale well for two and half quarters.   I think the Cardinals may make some people think this year, they may be on the outside looking in, but don't overlook them at all.

ya but the game agianst WH was close on the scoreboard but it was never close Copleland didnt play the whole 4th quarter and two of those touchdowns were on the JV, West Hardins varsity didnt play the whole 4th quarter and some of the 3rd

Actually their varsity players weren't pulled until about 4 or 5 minutes left in the fourth quarter. 

Actually their varsity players weren't pulled until about 4 or 5 minutes left in the fourth quarter. 

Think D-Wade is right, I'll go and watch the game film tonight and verify!

Think D-Wade is right, I'll go and watch the game film tonight and verify!

Ok... I checked out the game film last night.  HI scored 1 TD vs the varsity Def, 1 TD on Kickoff Return (Who was #34 last year, was it Monks?) & the last TD was vs the JV Def.  JV players came in with about 5 minutes left in the game.

Didn't think WH had a JV last year? If they did why were they suited up for a varsity game?

Well... if you have to get technical about it, WH did not have an actual JV.  They did not have enough players for 2 teams.  So, my above statement should have said the 2nd stringers, which would have been the JV if only a few more kids wanted to play.  :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    newyourk01
    Newest Member
    newyourk01