With a good chance of rain on Saturday....

Here are the UIL rules for playoff games that can't be completed because of the weather. Just in case this becomes a factor....

"A two-out-of-three series that does not get a complete game in by the end of the day Friday automatically reverts to a one game series. This means that if game one of a series has been suspended and cannot be completed by the end of the day Friday, that the winner of that completed game will advance.

If one game is played and a second game cannot be played because of weather, then the winner of the one game advances to the next round. If game two is started and cannot be completed because of weather, it may be completed (from point of suspension) on Monday of the next week. The third game, if necessary, should also be played Monday.

If two games are played (and split) and the third game cannot be played on Saturday because of weather conditions, then the third and deciding game should be played on Monday of the next week."

that is really huge for Nederland. Thanks for posting that ruling. To be honest, I don't know how much gas Magnolia's two have after Tuesday, but they were pretty darn good. To not have to worry about facing them would be huge.

If you want to win it all, you can't worry about who you face. Beating their best means you are the best. Magnolia should be ''worrying'' about Kirby Bellow.  ;)

Guest ECBucFan

If you want to win it all, you can't worry about who you face.

Amen bro! That's exactly what I was thinking. To heck with hoping for rain and "backing in" to the next round. Lets PLAY BALL! 

If you want to win it all, you can't worry about who you face.

Amen bro! That's exactly what I was thinking. To heck with hoping for rain and "backing in" to the next round. Lets PLAY BALL!  

If it was only a 1 game series, Nederland and EC would be advancing so they wouldn't be backing in to the next round.  We just can be alot more at ease if it does rain then their opponents can.

Guest ECBucFan

in that case - let it rain.

I will second that.  Go EC!!

That sounds more like a hope for rain, than simply being "at ease" if it does rain... I want to advance with hits, runs, and great pitching, instead of a rain out. Go Bucs!   

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami