Texas lawmakers agree to slash high school steroid testing

Well, hallelujah...now they'll only be testing half of the "safe" kids in the schools.  I can call my friend in BC and tell her that her daughter may actually go at least 9-12 m just onths without having to worrying about peeing in the little cup.  :o

Too bad they can't slash that darned TAKS test...perhaps, they could just give it to all  of the kids who they know will pass. :o

Well, I guess we expect to see a rebound in "on the field performance" from certain area teams.

No.  Say it ain't so.  I wonder how many actually stopped.  I'm sure some.    :o

I hate this because I don't think that you can put a price on a life, but maybe it was an awakening to the dangers of steroid abuse and an educational plus for parents, teachers, coaches, athletes, etc.  Besides the fact that it is a form of cheating. :o

I had a discussion with someone the other day on how many middle-aged professional athletes had died in the last several years.  You just wonder if they ever used steroids and if somehow it was a contributing factor in their death. ???

from the article, "the first 29,000 tests produced only 11 confirmed cases of steroid use". 

That is .03%.  That does not justify the vast amount of money being spent on this testing.  Money that can be put to much better use by the schools if they were given a choice....

If you have such a concern about the health of your student athlete, test them yourself......It amazes me how all this concern and outcry for testing tends to quieten when the ball is in the parent's court.....At the college level, I can see the need for the governing body to be responsible for it because they are adults and out of the house.....High school students are still in the house....CHECK THEM YOURSELF IF YOU ARE SO CONCERNED

If you have such a concern about the health of your student athlete, test them yourself......It amazes me how all this concern and outcry for testing tends to quieten when the ball is in the parent's court.....At the college level, I can see the need for the governing body to be responsible for it because they are adults and out of the house.....High school students are still in the house....CHECK THEM YOURSELF IF YOU ARE SO CONCERNED

And, in a perfect world, that would be acceptable and you could rely on parents to do that.  The fact is that for a variety of reasons, parents won't test them.  If I suspected my child of doing any type of drug, I would drug test them.  In fact, I have, but I know many parents who would not or do not have the resources to do it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476