the team to beat in the 09-10 season

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silsbee will be good this year but NOT as good as the team they had last year......IMO!!!!  They may win the outright district title, they may win Regionals and they may even win State but the team that they had last year is a better team.  SR is too good and they have nobody that can replace him......maybe someone to take his spot but not replace.  The dual outside threat of Walters and Byers......who on this years team can do what they did???  Last years Silsbee team would beat this years version IMO.

I have to agree with you lazeek last year we were loaded but to confident and cocky.... this year the tigers will take it more serious than they did last year after getting beat by a horrible team in regionals....but yes on hj's part im sorry but they will not be good at all. and also i do agree with you that they do not have the outside shooters like Byars, Robinson, and Walters...but they have the same three big men as last year, but they will be much bigger, faster, and stronger.. Pheal Hill will average 25 a game off of layups... just wait yall im not joking...the tigers will be unstoppable this year I promise. Now district wise, i know this is going to start stuff but i see it being silsbee #1..then orandefield, hj, wos all fighting for the # 2,3,4 spot..hj does not have a leader this year like benard or donahoe...Jacolby will have 2 do it all and i just dont see that happening...he will be a beast, but not beasty enough 2 win games his self... sorry hj..but im not saying silsbee has it made for them to win state, because they have some great teams in there way...but through district, i guarantee them going undefeated

I do agree that jasper deserved everything they got because they did earn it....but at the same time, they were not a good team at all..they had 2 players that scored all their points...and made some pretty...umm lets call it unusaul shots... they were not a good team sorry 2 bust your bubble....but no, im not over looking hj at all....all im saying is that unless they get a miracle "move in" then its going to be a very disappointing season for the hawks

Guest DickVitale

Please let me add to this...HJ has proven itself as a great basketball program.  It is ALWAYS going to be hard to beat system.  HJ has an established SYSTEM, therefore if they have ANY players they will compete in most years and beat more talented teams in other years. Examples of programs with SYSTEMS?....Not just systems, but PROVEN systems? Houston Wheatley, Kingwood, Kountze, Ozen (even with the coaching change, if Marquis sticks to the system in place, they will be fine) and yes, Hardin Jefferson.  Notice I did not add Houston Yates, although they are very good and won state last year, they are winning with solid coaching and great talent which is also a deadly combination.  HOWEVER, I would not bet against a real good team, with a proven system beating Houston Yates this season. Remember who beat that same Yates team in 2008? Houston Wheatley..System and experience....Thats what HJ has..Just my two cents.

Please let me add to this...HJ has proven itself as a great basketball program.  It is ALWAYS going to be hard to beat system.  HJ has an established SYSTEM, therefore if they have ANY players they will compete in most years and beat more talented teams in other years. Examples of programs with SYSTEMS?....Not just systems, but PROVEN systems? Houston Wheatley, Kingwood, Kountze, Ozen (even with the coaching change, if Marquis sticks to the system in place, they will be fine) and yes, Hardin Jefferson.  Notice I did not add Houston Yates, although they are very good and won state last year, they are winning with solid coaching and great talent which is also a deadly combination.  HOWEVER, I would not bet against a real good team, with a proven system beating Houston Yates this season. Remember who beat that same Yates team in 2008? Houston Wheatley..System and experience....Thats what HJ has..Just my two cents.

HOLY CRAP....he is finally drinking the hj koolaid.....must be his wife posting on his behalf, i never thought we would get a compliment out of DV....aka...barak obama jr.

Guest DickVitale

No drinking anyone's kool aid, its just a fact...I have to give credit when credit is due....Just don't lose your minds behind it all now! ;)

If you read closely, I have always given you guys props...Its just sometimes misunderstood as sarcasm!  8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83