Dayton's Scoreboard...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dayton has a Booster Club and I am fairly certain there are some more worthwhile things they are working on! 100K should be nice enough!

100K WOULD BE JUST GREAT!!!!!!!

That's fine with me, just trying lend  a helping hand. The invite is still open though. ;) I wanna see if the broncos are worth the hype. ;D

wish that would happen... we're worth every bit!

Bronco, you sure you want that, this isn't pn-g or nederland. Don't make us light up our SCORBOARD on y'all!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure .... are you? THIS ain't Sterling or Channelview. ;D

Harrison sure has brought a lot of confidence to PAM..... is that you coach?? ;)

Dayton has a Booster Club and I am fairly certain there are some more worthwhile things they are working on! 100K should be nice enough!

That's fine with me, just trying lend  a helping hand. The invite is still open though. ;) I wanna see if the broncos are worth the hype. ;D

Bronco, you sure you want that, this isn't pn-g or nederland. Don't make us light up our SCORBOARD on y'all!!!!!!!!!

Now wait a minute here, The GOAT. PN-G might have a few surprises in store for Memorial at the scrimage this year. Coach Faircloth has brought things to a whole new level for our team, and he comes from one of the best 5A schools in the state. I'd be a little bit more careful with statements like that if I were you. But, then again, I may just be looking at things through "purple-tinted glasses." ;)

That's fine with me, just trying lend  a helping hand. The invite is still open though. ;) I wanna see if the broncos are worth the hype. ;D

[/quotebee]

Harrison sure has brought a lot of confidence to PAM..... is that you coach?? ;)

Nope, just a loyal fan that's ready for some football. Hey bandkid believe me well be ready in August.

[/quotebee]

Nope, just a loyal fan that's ready for some football. Hey bandkid believe me well be ready in August.

We'll see. It will be a good scrimage, though.

And the kids love to see themselves, and of coarse as a fan you know you always wanna see that special play again.

That would be one reason not to have one, they have no business looking at replays. Besides UIL rules state that you can only replay a play once during the game. It is not worth the money for what you get. Its just bells and whistles, no real value.

And the kids love to see themselves, and of coarse as a fan you know you always wanna see that special play again.

That would be one reason not to have one, they have no business looking at replays. Besides UIL rules state that you can only replay a play once during the game. It is not worth the money for what you get. Its just bells and whistles, no real value.

Like i said, y'all can do what you want. Bells and whistles would be defined as "atmosphere" to me, and it makes the game that much better. Yours truly, The GOAT ;)

Like i said, y'all can do what you want. Bells and whistles would be defined as "atmosphere" to me, and it makes the game that much better. Yours truly, The GOAT ;)

Bells and Whistles DON'T win you football games.

Rather spend the $$$ on EDUCATING the kids than on a scoreboard.

Besides....

I would rather have the atmosphere of the football game created by the home team scoring touchdown after touchdown.

Life has been good in Bronco stadium as of lately, and no fancy scoreboard was needed.

Besides....

I would rather have the atmosphere of the football game created by the home team scoring touchdown after touchdown.

Life has been good in Bronco stadium as of lately, and no fancy scoreboard was needed.

Perhaps not, but they do get you advertisements, which make the scoreboard a potentially profitable venture for the school district. PN-G's, for instance, is already bringing in about $70,000 and has the potential to bring in another $30,000 before it's all over with. That's two teacher salaries or extra money for the science, performing arts, athletics, and other extra-curricular budgets right there.

Besides....

Perhaps not, but they do get you advertisements, which make the scoreboard a potentially profitable venture for the school district. PN-G's, for instance, is already bringing in about $70,000 and has the potential to bring in another $30,000 before it's all over with. That's two teacher salaries or extra money for the science, performing arts, athletics, and other extra-curricular budgets right there.

Different scenario in Dayton.

PN-G can access a much greater business revenue for it's advertisement..

Dayton is limited to two grocery stores, a hardware store, several feed stores, two vet offices, and a rail yard (just to mention a few).

Kind of feel sorry for the local businesses here, every group of kids that does fund raisers has to hit the same people over and over.

You are right, however...

The revenue generated from the advertisement which can be shown on a replay screen can only help.

Strange...

I don't remember seeing many advertisements on the Nederland jumbotron when Dayton last played there, but that was the first year.

GOOD LUCK INDIANS THIS YEAR!!!!

Make this PN-G alum awful proud!

Besides....

You are such a kill joy. I said add to the atmosphere, plus money does not and will not educate kids, education starts at home. If you had a million dollars to educate a child it still would not be enough, because if little peter won't sit down and shut his mouth in class he still won't learn. Anyway that another conversation for another day. Y'all go ahead and put some cardboard up there and keep the score with a sharpie. Have a good day. It's time for me to find someone else to debate with.

In the end "State Championships" are the only thing that matter! :-X

First on the list, always is the District Championship. It means something just ask any player, coach or fan. Local bragging rights are the first order of business for every team, if they are honest. State is a long shot, but District is in everyone's reach.

DAYTON is who 'we' would be.

Umm sorry bronx, I'm an MHS TITAN, picking with the wrong person. But when Feb. rolls around you can tell your coach to put us the schedule.

Ooohhh, a Dayton-Memorial game. I might show up for that one.

I don't think MHS would want to find out what it is like to tangle with the Broncos.

Just ask the Bulldogs how a fancy scoreboard helped them out the last time they played Dayton.

You gotta admit, it would be a good game. I think the Broncos would come out on top, but not by much and it would still be a good game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83