**Rockets vs Lakers Series Thread**Lakers Advance!

Kobe is amazing to watch in person. I know he missed a lot of shots but he gets off whatever shot he wants at all times against Battier and Artest.

Yao is weak. Even before the ankle sprain the guy barely fights for rebounds. If he was tougher, he would be unstoppable.

The atmosphere was great. There was a huge fight at halftime outside of the Jack Daniels bar. Some LA fights got beat up bad, it was terrible actually because it was the only place the crowd could go smoke. There is only one entrance in and out so cops could not make it outside. Honestly the LA fans did nothing but step outside and the Rockets' fans were chanting curse words at them. The next thing you know it was a brawl. There needs to be more places to go outside at Toyota Center to get rid of that problem. Too many people, drunk mostly, with no elbow room. It was bound to happen.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kobe is amazing to watch in person. I know he missed a lot of shots but he gets off whatever shot he wants at all times against Battier and Artest.

Yao is weak. Even before the ankle sprain the guy barely fights for rebounds. If he was tougher, he would be unstoppable.

The atmosphere was great. There was a huge fight at halftime outside of the Jack Daniels bar. Some LA fights got beat up bad, it was terrible actually because it was the only place the crowd could go smoke. There is only one entrance in and out so cops could not make it outside. Honestly the LA fans did nothing but step outside and the Rockets' fans were chanting curse words at them. The next thing you know it was a brawl. There needs to be more places to go outside at Toyota Center to get rid of that problem. Too many people, drunk mostly, with no elbow room. It was bound to happen.

Couldn't pass it up. Fisher wasn't playing, so he could have elbowed you some room.  ::) People fighting over sports is childish anyway. I really don't understand that. Disagreeing, of course, but not actually coming to blows.

Rockets have to win the next game or it's over. Not sure how many teams have come back from 3-1. Probably not many.

Even Mr. Cool and collcted Phil blew a gasket in the Post game interview.  'The Rockets played a great game!  Give them some (curse word) credit ' Said Jackon to a reporter that kept asking him was this embarrassing.  Majic Johnson said Laker Players, fans, coaches, and the organization should be embarrassed and somebody better get their butts chewed in that locker room! 

Keep it up, Rockets!

About time you showed up Soulja.  ;D These Laker fans think the Lakers are some kind of gods or something.  ::)

Since Yao joined the Rockets, the Lakers have never won when Yao was out of the lineup....at least that's what I thought I read in a caption after the game.

Battier and Brooks tore them a new one!!!

Go Rockets!!!

Yes, I'm here.  I just was a little down after a Laker fan text me and told me Yao was out for the year.  I was almost scared to watch the game.  ;D  Its good that we will make the Lakers crap for everything.  Also, our boys know they can win without Yao.  Sure it will be hard as heck, but ...

I believe in my Rockets.

DONT STOP BELIEVING!!!!

Can't believe the Rockets won so big!

Guess the Lakers thought they had it in the bag with Yao Ming out.

WOW!!!

If the Rockets do win this thing...

I can't think of one time a team won without their top two "stars" not in the game.

Just goes to show you what believing can do!

First game this season that the Lakers trailed from start to finish!!!!! and without YAO!!!!!! Someone already mentioned their 22 game streak last year. Yao played in like the first 8 games of the streak and then got hurt.

Best 2 out of 3 now.

Until my team is eliminated, I stick with them.

Go Rockets!!!!!

All I kept hearing on radio, TV and on here was the Lakers had no heart and the Rockets were playing with more passion. Well the roles were reversed and you could see it coming a mile away.

I agree Lazeek, Denver could easily jump up and beat LA next round.

All I kept hearing on radio, TV and on here was the Lakers had no heart and the Rockets were playing with more passion. Well the roles were reversed and you could see it coming a mile away.

I agree Lazeek, Denver could easily jump up and beat LA next round.

you should never question a ood teams heart. the Lakers did what they was suppose to do. Now let's see if they respond tomorrow night. Winning tomorrow night will reestablish them as the team to beat in the West.

When you play a good team like L.A., you cannot turn the ball over that many times, which most of them went for scores on the other end.  It was apparent that L.A. decided to exploit their size difference as you see the taller L.A. players easily grab rebounds by tipping it to themselves on many occasions.  We are going to need to find another way to score than just jacking 3's up.  (take notes, Artest). 

When you play a good team like L.A., you cannot turn the ball over that many times, which most of them went for scores on the other end.  It was apparent that L.A. decided to exploit their size difference as you see the taller L.A. players easily grab rebounds by tipping it to themselves on many occasions.  We are going to need to find another way to score than just jacking 3's up.  (take notes, Artest).  good points

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kakiri550
    Newest Member
    kakiri550

• No chance in hell that this pos is found guilty. 
    • After his silly conviction, President Trump has raised over 200 Million dollars!  The people are seeing through it!  Excellent!  
    • Let’s see if joe biden’s words about no one is above the law, made after the rigged trial of President Trump, rings true with his po💩son.  Hopefully, but I’m not going to hold my breath, they put the sorry sob in prison.
    • I liked his no bull crap attitude. He was a man of very few words. Extremely strong and freaky athletic!!! As close as possible to being the best offensive lineman to ever play the game. I hope his family finds peace without him!!! RIP #73
    • Chester, a small town in NE Tyler County.  A town that is seeing growth with the addition of a national chain store and a new school being built.  If you travel 287 toward Dallas from the Golden Triangle you have probably passed through Chester.  Things tend to stay pretty consistent and it is your typical small town.   A trip to state is the buzz around town, and the talk before church services begin on Sunday.  This year’s graduating class will number 11.  We don’t have a radio station that covers the Yellowjackets.  We are never a lead story on any of the news stations that broadcast to our community. With all that said, there is a closeness and sense of pride in our community.  Every community rallies behind their kids as they progress into the playoffs.  We are proud of our boys as they have represented our community well and with class. We invite you to follow our boys as they go to state.  We welcome the greater SETX communities as honorary Yellowjackets.  Tune in, watch live or come to Round Rock personally and join us in supporting the Chester Yellowjackets.  Go ‘Jackets!!! ⚾️💜💛⚾️🟣🟡⚾️💜💛⚾️
  • Topics