Hamshire-Fannett vs. Silsbee..14-4 HF Wins!!!

And you want people to respect a team that has someone do that on top of all the other BS HF has done this year.   ::)

To: south paw and bobcat05  your idiots first off when your runner is standing in the box when the ball is in the second basemans glove you deserve to get rolled up and look like an idiot as to you bobcat i think your just mad HF is currently ahead of you so stop saying all the BS HF has done you should feel stupid you even made a remark like that. thanks

Get off of here and worry about BC...Get back on when you're done, leave this to us that aren't going to be on the field

P.S. never call someone an idiot when you start the phrase "your idiots"...It's you're idiots...Geez I hope you aren't skipping English to type this

the play of the game was when derek lalonde dropped the infield pop up on purpose the batter was not running down the line so he threw it to second then to first double play..   good job horns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It might be the play of the game too you, But for me it shows a complete disrespect for the game of Baseball !!!!!!!!

If a team is good, the double plays are made honestly, not by dropping a pop-up on purpose to get a double play..............that's pretty lame for a high school team to do.  And to think someone thinks that's the play of the game?  Wow.

Just to straighten things out....

THIS IS BY FAR THE MOST IGNORANT THING I HAVE EVER SEEN ONE SETX.  Have you ever played baseball????  ALWAYS run down the line full speed no matter what, even when you know you are going to get beat to the bag.  You need to spend the next 2 weeks inside of your house alone in the dark concentrating on the sports channel so you can learn about baseball and so you don't infect any innocent civillians with your stupidity at the same time.  Back to the point, (not to get on the runner from the other night) I know that any coach worth 2 cents would run the crap their baseball team if anyone didn't even attempt to run down the line, he walked ten steps.  That was an awesome play, I give props to Lalonde for thinking ahead and thinking about what he needs to do.  That is NOT disrespect for the game of Baseball that is playing it and playing it well.  By the way the double play was the PLAY OF THE GAME.

From where I was sitting, it looked like the HF second baseman did not drop the little blooper on purpose. You could see his reaction because he was looking around to see where he needed to throw it first. After being directed to throw it to second, then the shortstop was then directed to throw it to first for the double play. None of it looked like it was done on purpose, it was all by accident.

The only fault here was the Silsbee player not running to first. You got to run everything out, or things like this can happen.

I will say that intentionally dropping a ball to create a double play can be seen as bush league, but it's part of the game.

Guest tigersvoice

From where I was sitting, it looked like the HF second baseman did not drop the little blooper on purpose. You could see his reaction because he was looking around to see where he needed to throw it first. After being directed to throw it to second, then the shortstop was then directed to throw it to first for the double play. None of it looked like it was done on purpose, it was all by accident.

The only fault here was the Silsbee player not running to first. You got to run everything out, or things like this can happen.

I will say that intentionally dropping a ball to create a double play can be seen as bush league, but it's part of the game.

Was the ball into the outfield grass?  Or why wasn't the infield fly rule in effect?

Guest tigersvoice

Was the ball into the outfield grass?  Or why wasn't the infield fly rule in effect?

It was behind the dirt

Has to be runners at 1st and 2nd for the infield fly rule to be in effect. Plus this was more of a soft liner.

Has to be runners at 1st and 2nd for the infield fly rule to be in effect. Plus this was more of a soft liner.

for all you ppl that for some reason think that that is the worst thing you could do in baseball... You prolly need consider finding a new site to post your crap on.......BOTTOM LINE IT WAS A DOUBLE PLAY HF WON THEY'RE IN THE PLAYOFFS SO STOP CRYING, WE GOT ENOUGH RAIN THIS WEEKEND WE DONT NEED YOU TEARS FLOODING THE DITCHES AGAIN.

Guest tigersvoice

for all you ppl that for some reason think that that is the worst thing you could do in baseball... You prolly need consider finding a new site to post your crap on.......BOTTOM LINE IT WAS A DOUBLE PLAY HF WON THEY'RE IN THE PLAYOFFS SO STOP CRYING, WE GOT ENOUGH RAIN THIS WEEKEND WE DONT NEED YOU TEARS FLOODING THE DITCHES AGAIN.

You know, MLG66, you're about the biggest jackass that has come down this road in a while.  All I was trying to do was get a feel for the game situation.  I didn't cry and don't intend to cry.  What's your problem?

Don't worry there tigersvoice, I know. Who mlg is, I can tell you he's a football player that has to come over here to talk his game because...well, we saw how football turned out...ouch that kinda hurt talkin about my almnus like that but I speak the truth...

That said Iwish nothing but the best for hf

The rule is it has to be more than one force play on a hit (runner on first and second, or first, second, and third) with less than two outs. Now the hit in question was a towering pop up to second, where the ball lands in the dirt or on grass does not matter it is in the umpire judgement as to how far out in the grass as to call a infield fly. And that little phrase "in the umpire judgement" will drive coaches mad. IMO the second baseman intentionaly dropped the ball, he had a cheshire cat grin when it happened. IMO. Thats just baseball.

the play of the game was when derek lalonde dropped the infield pop up on purpose the batter was not running down the line so he threw it to second then to first double play..   good job horns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It might be the play of the game too you, But for me it shows a complete disrespect for the game of Baseball !!!!!!!!

If a team is good, the double plays are made honestly, not by dropping a pop-up on purpose to get a double play..............that's pretty lame for a high school team to do.  And to think someone thinks that's the play of the game?  Wow.

THIS IS BY FAR THE MOST IGNORANT THING I HAVE EVER SEEN ONE SETX.  Have you ever played baseball????  ALWAYS run down the line full speed no matter what, even when you know you are going to get beat to the bag.  You need to spend the next 2 weeks inside of your house alone in the dark concentrating on the sports channel so you can learn about baseball and so you don't infect any innocent civillians with your stupidity at the same time.  Back to the point, (not to get on the runner from the other night) I know that any coach worth 2 cents would run the crap their baseball team if anyone didn't even attempt to run down the line, he walked ten steps.  That was an awesome play, I give props to Lalonde for thinking ahead and thinking about what he needs to do.  That is NOT disrespect for the game of Baseball that is playing it and playing it well.  By the way the double play was the PLAY OF THE GAME.

Awesome play and PLAY OF THE GAME?  If that is what you think of a infielder purposely dropping a pop fly in order to get a double play, then you apparently are not a baseball player because that play could be done lots of times in most games, but it's not..................can you even begin to guess why most players wouldn't do that?

I do have to agree that a runner that does not take off running, regardless of where the ball is, is something that would make most coaches livid and almost have a coronary!  Not sure where the runner's heads were if they didn't run numerous times.  And I guess I just like good defensive baseball plays, and a double play is one of the most exciting to see executed, but not one like the dropped fly on purpose to get the double.  Just doesn't seem like a good play to me.

Awesome play and PLAY OF THE GAME?  If that is what you think of a infielder purposely dropping a pop fly in order to get a double play, then you apparently are not a baseball player because that play could be done lots of times in most games, but it's not..................can you even begin to guess why most players wouldn't do that?

WELL..... my answer to that is because they are not smart enough.  A good baseball player thinks ahead...Once again that was a great play. He made Silsbee pay for being lazy noticing that they were'nt even trying to run to 1st.  Let's hope that this was a learning experience and next time they will run to the bag.  I think that was a sufficient answer to your question.  Let me know if it wasn't.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics