*LCM At Vidor Broadcast Thread..Vidor Wins 5-4!!!!*

Guest JoesBros

We just have to put that game from last night behind us and move into playoff mode with 3 games remaining.  I think we can get it going Friday night.  Chaz showed he could slow down the offense of LCM last time.  Any update on Hester.  Any shot of him making a "Schiling-bloody sock" type of return.

Guest JoesBros

*Press Conference voice* Setxsports is proud to anounce for one night only Gabe will be doing the color commentary for the Vidor LCM game friday night in Vidor.

No word on Hester I know he had an MRI last friday but thats about it. I wouldnt expect to see him til next season.

Now that is one broadcast I would like to hear LOL  I offered Gabe to be the third man on our umpiring crew last night in Bridge City be he turned me down. Something about news paper guys have to work both sides of the fence or something like that  :D Guess being a media mogul is more his speed  ;D ;D

Guest JoesBros

There is a line in his contract stating " Gabe is not allowed to mention the Yankees during the broadcast unless he mentions that they suck"  ;D

Guest JoesBros

Hopefully a good game played by both teams. Vidor looks like they wrapped up the last playoff spot but they still need a win in the worse way. LCM well they are who they are. A good strong team. Looking forward to covering this one for sure! Myself and Gabe kick things off at 6:45 with the pregame. Im tagging it as setxsports night at Pirate Field tonight lol.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Wish I could have been there.  Listened to the last three innings.  What a finish!

One of the best I have seen in the last few years! This one was almost as good as the great comeback Marathon win against Ozen last year.

Vidor nips Bears in 5-4 thriller

Gabriel Pruett

The Orange Leader

VIDOR — This one was a classic.

The Vidor Pirates needed a big win and got one just in time with a 5-4 victory over the Little Cypress-Mauriceville Bears.

Courtesy runner Nathan Reid, running for Michael Hester, raced in to score on a squeeze bunt off the bat of Bubba Maxwell.

The bunt was put down the third baseline and by the time Reid got past three LC-M (19-11, 9-3) players, Reid slid into an empty home plate.

“We took a chance and the kids executed,†Vidor coach Kyle Green said.

The Pirates (13-8, 7-5) and Bears were tied at four going into the bottom of the seventh when Hester led off with a walk.

Jesse Griffin moved Hester to second on a sacrifice bunt before Jonathan Neal reached on an error.

The Bears then intentionally walked Trae Hester for the second time of the night to pitch to Maxwell.

Hunter Hagler took a no-hitter into the seventh inning as the Pirates were up 4-0.

Taylor Thompson broke up the no-hit bid with a single to left before Wade Estes walked.

Wade was forced out at second when Brandon Landry reached first on a fielder’s choice. Landry was the first batter to face Vidor relief pitcher Chaz Bruce.

Scott Vaughn then hit a RBI single to left field to make it 4-1 Vidor.

Dallas Brown then walked in his first at bat of the night to bring Tim Barry up to bat.

Barry hit a two-run single to left to make it 4-3.

With two down, Stefan Cloeren ripped a RBI single to tie the score at 4-4.

The story of the night though was Hagler.

The sophomore went six innings and gave up one run and one hit with four strike outs and four walks.

“Hunter took a no hitter into the fifth against Ozen on Monday and now took a no-hitter into the seventh against LC-M tonight,†Green said. “The kid is a sophomore and has ice in his veins. He went way beyond my expectations tonight.â€

Hagler also had a key hit in the bottom of the sixth off LC-M starter Shane Waddell.

Hagler’s two-run double to center made it 4-0 and chased Waddell out of the game.

Waddell went 5 2/3 innings and gave up four runs on six hits with nine strike outs and three walks.

Trae Hester scored the Pirates’ first run of the night when Joe Mojica reached on an infield single.

Maxwell then made it 2-0 when he scored off a RBI single from Chaz Bruce.

The Pirates now sit two games up on Lumberton who lost to Port Neches-Groves Friday.

LC-M is in a second-place tie with the Indians with two games to go. Nederland is 11-1 and sits alone in first place.

LC-M will be at home Monday to face Lumberton before finishing with a road trip to Beaumont Ozen. The Pirates will be at home Monday to face Nederland and finish the district schedule at home against Livingston. The Indians return to action Monday with a game at home against Ozen before traveling to face the streaking Beaumont Central Jaguars.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124