Best hitter in buna baseball history

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BAXTER is the best hitter on this year's team NO DOUBT. You'd be a fool not to think so yourself.  You must not come to many games.  You hang e'm we bang e'm. haha. Cub has been seeing it well and is having a great year. But the offensive MVP from last year is my vote until he proves me otherwise.  One bad game does not make him move down in the lineup bud.

I think Tracy Franklin was the best hitter to come through Buna High School .  He hit 84 not 82 homeruns in  high school. He not only hit the homeruns he had a high batting average because he usually got on base one way or the other. We have some good ones comming up mabey they can be as good.  I agree that Nathan Ross was a great catcher proably the best Buna has had. :) :)

Come on now guys yall are crazy...While Tracy Franklin and Big nate ross were excellent hitters they were nowhere close to comparing the best of all time which would be none other than a young man named BO JOE FEA!!! he is without a doubt the most consistent hitter i the history of the buna cougars...and while he is a clear all out favorite the second best hitter in Buna history would have to be without a doubt from the class of 2003 Mr. Will Dinkle...these are facts guys...look at the stats they dont lie!!!!

The alltime record for homeruns in high school is 75. It was done by Jeff Clement of marshalltown iowa it was set in 2002. The old record before that was 70 set by Drew Henson 1998 was backup qb for dallas. Tracy may have hit alot but no where near 84. I dont know if tracy hit more than bucky g or nathan r either.

In the mid 80's Buna had a very good basball team.  If I remember correctly the best hitter on that team was Randy Moss.  He could have played college baseball but chose to play football instead.  I think he batted over 500. He was not a pure power hitter but could spray the ball around the field, hit a ton of doubles and at any time could hit it out of the park... He was also a dang good catcher...  But, that whole team could hit. 

Randy Moss made a great decision choosing football over baseball.  He played 4 years for McNeese, all-conference linebacker.  My dad still says he is probably the best athlete to ever come out of Buna.  And he can still kick your a-- if it needs kickin'!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83