3abaseball.com rankings (March 23)

................................................Last Week/Notes

1. Cuero 14-1...........................3-0, 9 game winning streak

2. Taylor 12-3...........................3-0, outscored three teams 34-3; 9 game winning streak

3. Spring Hill 13-1.....................3-0, Beat #18 Mineola, 4A Kilgore, 2A #5 White Oak

4. Robstown 12-4-1...................2-0, outscored two opponents 35-0; 8-4 vs 4A/5A

5. Bridge City 12-2-1.................1-0, 5 shutouts this year; 9-2-1 vs 4A schools

6. Kennedale 11-1.....................3-0, 8 game winning streak; only loss is to Spring Hill

7. Bullard 8-2............................2-0, 4-1 vs 4A schools

8. Robinson 11-1.......................1-0, have given up 2 runs or less in 6 games

9. Chapel Hill 9-2.......................2-0, beat 4A Lindale and 4A Jacksonville last week

10. Argyle 11-5..........................2-2, 5-5 vs 4A/5A schools; 2 losses last week to 5A schools

11. Orangefield 13-5...................3-3, 8-4 vs. 4A schools

12. Prosper 13-4.........................1-3, slipped against tough schedule last week

13. Celina 11-2...........................3-1, in spite of only giving up 4 runs in 4 games last week

14. Sinton 10-7...........................3-0, outscored opponents 32-1 last week

15. Carthage 8-4-1.....................2-0, have only given up 4 runs in last 5 games

16. Giddings 8-4-1......................3-0, seem to be back on track after suspect start

17. Mineola 9-3..........................1-1, 3 losses came from Top 10 teams in 3A and 2A

18. Sweeny 11-1-1.....................2-0, have scored 10 runs or more in 8 games

19. Wharton 10-1........................2-0, only loss is to 5A Cypress Springs

20. Hamshire-Fannett 12-2..........2-0, 8 game winning streak; 5-2 vs. 4A schools

No sir, I have never seen all these rated teams play--maybe you have, but I have not?

Cuero did play a good team from Hallettsville and lost.

ย  Here is a quote from another site, "I was sitting at a Cuero game and overheard a college head coach and a major league scout say that there were no Division 1 players on the Cuero baseball team...both at the game and both said no players...the head coach had been to two of their games."

My opinion is based on the games & teams's records played thus far and District setting that they participate in. I guarantee any team in 21-A would easily make the playoff in Cueros' District.

It's a discussion board, we can all have opinions.

No sir, I have never seen all these rated teams play--maybe you have, but I have not?

ย  Here is a quote from another site, "I was sitting at a Cuero game and overheard a college head coach and a major league scout say that there were no Division 1 players on the Cuero baseball team...both at the game and both said no players...the head coach had been to two of their games."

My opinion is based on the games & teams's records played thus far and District setting that they participate in. I guarantee any team in 21-A would easily make the playoff in Cueros' District.

I think you would change your mind if you saw Cuero play.ย  #1 in 3A?ย  You could debate that.ย  There are some good teams out there.ย  But they are not imposters.ย  They are a good team.ย  I would probably agree with the scout who said there are no Div 1 players on their team.ย  How many D1 players are there at the 3A level.ย  4? 5?ย  I know of 3.ย  (Brooks from Taylor-UH; Wacha, Pleasant Grove and Miller, Brownwood-A&M)ย 

But Cuero has at least 5 (one of them a junior who likely will choose a football scholarship over baseball) and possibly two more who will be playing college ball somewhere.ย  That is a good 3a team.

You could be right about any 21-3A team making the playoffs in 28-3A.ย  There are no other teams to challenge Cuero in that district.ย  But Cuero is 14-1 and hasn't played a district game yet.ย  They are 3-0 vs. 4A, won the New Braunfels Canyon (4A) Tournament, and gave a private school John Paul II, their first loss of the season.

I have seen them play and they are the real deal.

I think you would change your mind if you saw Cuero play.ย  #1 in 3A?ย  You could debate that.ย  There are some good teams out there.ย  But they are not imposters.ย  They are a good team.ย  I would probably agree with the scout who said there are no Div 1 players on their team.ย  How many D1 players are there at the 3A level.ย  4? 5?ย  I know of 3.ย  (Brooks from Taylor-UH; Wacha, Pleasant Grove and Miller, Brownwood-A&M)ย 

But Cuero has at least 5 (one of them a junior who likely will choose a football scholarship over baseball) and possibly two more who will be playing college ball somewhere.ย  That is a good 3a team.

You could be right about any 21-3A team making the playoffs in 28-3A.ย  There are no other teams to challenge Cuero in that district.ย  But Cuero is 14-1 and hasn't played a district game yet.ย  They are 3-0 vs. 4A, won the New Braunfels Canyon (4A) Tournament, and gave a private school John Paul II, their first loss of the season.

I have seen them play and they are the real deal.

Gwood

thanks for your input. i've read your baseball post on other boards about the high school teams across the state and i must say your one of the best. don't be a stranger on this board.

To Gwood:

Thank you for stating your opinion.ย  Have you seen any 21-3A teams play?

It is awful hard to access teams that are many mile apart.ย  BC played Carthage a number of years back and Cartage was #1 all year.ย  It was two easy games for BC: they swamped the #1 in a sound manner.

Gwood was at the OF tourney so he has seen all 21-3A teams but WOS. When he was here he also went and watched BC in the Nederland tourney

It was fun to experience 21-3A baseball.ย  I have seen Bridge City and Jasper at the state tournament but this was my first trip to STEX territory.

And since there are no games close to me tonight I plan to tune in for the OF/HF broadcast tonight.ย  Should be a good one.

To ETBU:ย  That simply means "to the top".ย  I understand your question, all the new jargon--I just google in the phrase and see what it means ;D... Most of the time the info pops right up.ย  You can go schwel someone now with the new information.........ย  LOL..ย  (that means lots of laughs) ::)

Have not seen Huffman baseball. If they play a scrimmage in the Triangle let me know...Thanks.

Who have you won over and who have you lost to?

===Sorry, you must have "removed" the post I am responding to?===

To ETBU:ย  That simply means "to the top".ย  I understand your question, all the new jargon--I just google in the phrase and see what it means ;D... Most of the time the info pops right up.ย  You can go schwel someone now with the new information.........ย  LOL..ย  (that means lots of laughs) ::)

Have not seen Huffman baseball. If they play a scrimmage in the Triangle let me know...Thanks.

Who have you won over and who have you lost to?

===Sorry, you must have "removed" the post I am responding to?===

Sorry ET I jammed my toe on the bed rail and plus I changed my mind about my team. I don't know what to think about Huffman bc my gut says we are ok but brain says not yet. No one will play with BC after the move in came along but hopefully we can hang with HF and HJ. Not sold yet boss bc of our lack of experience in the outfiled. Hard to tell what we have bc we play up and down to the opposition. Either way hopefully we will meet up but will watch and support BC through the regional.

To Gwood,ย  Kind of interesting,ย  Cuero losses to a 2A without real credentials--while Buna in 2A is rated #1.ย  Against 21-3Aย  Bridge City beat Buna 11-1; H-J wins 11-0 & 3-1; & Orangefield loses 7-8....Maybe there were more games against Buna,... not sure?... but apparently no 21-3A has too much of a problem with one of the better 2As....

Spring Hill also got beat by a non-rated 2A..ย  Comments?

To Gwood,ย  Kind of interesting,ย  Cuero losses to a 2A without real credentials--while Buna in 2A is rated #1.ย  Against 21-3Aย  Bridge City beat Buna 11-1; H-J wins 11-0 & 3-1; & Orangefield loses 7-8....Maybe there were more games against Buna,... not sure?... but apparently no 21-3A has too much of a problem with one of the better 2As....

Have a good feeling 21-3a is gonna tear em up!

Gwood is a good man.ย  He knows what 21-3a is capable of.ย  :)ย  I met him at state in 07 when Jasper went to the tournament as the number four seed.ย  He told me that Abilene Wylie had three tough pitchers.ย  He was right, but Jasper won 11-3.ย  Then he told me that it was going to be tough in the next game, that LE was the defending state champion.ย  He was right, but Jasper won 14-4.ย  I say, don't worry about his rankings.ย  He does the best he can with very limited resources.ย  Even if you do not agree with his rankings, he still does 3a baseball a great service by accumulating probably the best data base in the state.ย  But I doubt he will ever forget what a team from 21-3a is capable of.ย  ย  ;)

Here is the latest THSBCA pollย  [ftp=ftp://

This is the hidden content, please
]
[/ftp]

Halletsville ranked #1; White Oak who beat Spring Hill ranked #5;

Not sure what your point is, though.ย  I assume you think I am not giving 21-3A enough credit?ย 

Gwood is a good man.ย  He knows what 21-3a is capable of.ย  ย :)ย  I met him at state in 07 when Jasper went to the tournament as the number four seed.ย  He told me that Abilene Wylie had three tough pitchers.ย  He was right, but Jasper won 11-3.ย  Then he told me that it was going to be tough in the next game, that LE was the defending state champion.ย  He was right, but Jasper won 14-4.ย  I say, don't worry about his rankings.ย  He does the best he can with very limited resources.ย  Even if you do not agree with his rankings, he still does 3a baseball a great service by accumulating probably the best data base in the state.ย  But I doubt he will ever forget what a team from 21-3a is capable of.ย  ย  ;)

You are right about Jasper.ย  I thought LE was the best team in the tournament.ย  But do you remember the year before that I thought Bridge City was the best team in 3A and they got beat by LE?ย  I still think Bridge City was the best team that year but L-E was the hottest team in 3A that 2nd week in June.

I think you underestimate my feelings about STEX baseball.ย  I'm actually jealous.ย  It's not too fun fighting that west texas "football first" mentality there.ย  I love the passion for baseball here but dang, just because I don't rank the best 21-3A #1 in the state doesn't mean I am anti-21-3A.ย  LOL.ย 

copy/paste

Taylor is for real, in a big way, they have not played a soft schedule...I think politics got in the way even ranking Cuero and Spring Hill in the top 5 in 3A.ย  What they did after TWO unranked 2As- White Oak and Hallettesville beat Cuero and Spring Hill: they dropped some excellent teams out in 2A and ranked Cuero and Spring Hill at the top in 3A and ALSO moved the teams that beat them (2As) into the top positions in the 2A rankings.

Sections of the state are--home cooking favored-- on the Coaches Poll!

==============

Sir here is my answer somewhat that was posted somewhere else on this board--I feel Cuero and Springhill rightfully should have dropped out of the top 5 on 3A onย  loses to mediocre 2As: instead of keeping them on top of 3A and elevating those two 2A teams to the TOP rankings in 2A.ย  Everyone has an opinion, and this is just one of many opinions.ย  ;D

Here is the latest THSBCA pollย  [ftp=ftp://

]
[/ftp]

Halletsville ranked #1; White Oak who beat Spring Hill ranked #5;

Not sure what your point is, though.ย  I assume you think I am not giving 21-3A enough credit?ย 

no, i think you are not giving 18-3a enough credit.ย  ;D

copy/paste

Taylor is for real, in a big way, they have not played a soft schedule...I think politics got in the way even ranking Cuero and Spring Hill in the top 5 in 3A.ย  What they did after TWO unranked 2As- White Oak and Hallettesville beat Cuero and Spring Hill: they dropped some excellent teams out in 2A and ranked Cuero and Spring Hill at the top in 3A and ALSO moved the teams that beat them (2As) into the top positions in the 2A rankings.

Sections of the state are--home cooking favored-- on the Coaches Poll!

==============

Sir here is my answer somewhat that was posted somewhere else on this board--I feel Cuero and Springhill rightfully should have dropped out of the top 5 on 3A onย  loses to mediocre 2As: instead of keeping them on top of 3A and elevating those two 2A teams to the TOP rankings in 2A.ย  Everyone has an opinion, and this is just one of many opinions.ย  ;D

EAST TX - Appreciate your opinion and thoughts.ย  Not all of your facts are rightย  Below is the THSBCA preseason 2A poll.ย  Hallettsville and White Oak have been there from the beginning.ย  I saw where now you are claiming politics in the coaches' poll on the other thread.ย  Is that something you know for sure?ย  That sounds irrational to me unless you know something most of us don't.

Certainly polls are just people's opinions.ย  But they should have some reasoning for them.ย  Makes for good discussion nevertheless.

THSBCA Preseason 2A Top 10:

1. BUNA

2. SAN ANGELO GRAPE CREEK

3. HALLETTSVILLE

4. RIVIERA KAUFER

5. ROGERS

6. WHITE OAK

7. HOLLIDAY

8. PALMER

9. GRANDVIEW

10. ROSEBUD LOTT

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Heโ€™s great, Iโ€™ve posted several articles on him in the past, straight shooter.
    • Tim Erickson from Orangefieldโ€ฆ.
    • Lucky for Orangefield thereโ€™s only 3 games max to play.ย  ย  Someone said they had a pitcher or 2 throw 90โ€™s but I donโ€™t know that for a fact. ย Rumors.ย ย  it appears that Orangefield will see some faster pitchers this round. Generally speaking I havenโ€™t been too impressed with Orangefield opponents pitching. Only pitcher so far that was fast (92 mph) was vs Woodville in first game & Orangefield got several runs off of him.ย  ย  Looking for a good series with no injuries for both teams.ย 
    • Apologies if this is a stupid question, but why would they just not renew his contract for the 24/25 school year if he had multiple write-ups? I know teachers and paraprofessionals don't get their contract renewed if their performance is bad enough - are coaches' contract situations different?
    • โ€œWe have incredible evidence that itโ€™s gain-of-function research again being done in US laboratories.โ€ โ€œ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐›๐ข๐ซ๐ ๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐ฎ ๐ฌ๐œ๐š๐ซ๐ž, ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก ๐ข๐ญ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ƒ๐ข๐ฌ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐ž ๐—, ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐†๐ฅ๐จ๐›๐š๐ฅ ๐•๐š๐œ๐œ๐ข๐ง๐ž ๐€๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ข๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐ฌ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐ข๐ญ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ƒ๐ข๐ฌ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐ž ๐— โ€” ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ ๐จ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐จ ๐œ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐จ๐จ๐ ๐ข๐ง๐ฌ๐ž๐œ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ ๐š๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐๐ซ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐š๐ซ ๐ ๐จ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐จ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ž๐ฅ๐ž๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๐œ๐ฒ๐œ๐ฅ๐ž.โ€
  • Topics