Huffman at Liberty Friday: Predictions

I wish could come on here  and vote hands down Huffman but cant do. Until they can catch the ball for seven innings not sold yet that we are the frontrunners. Huffman has pitching and hitting with the best of them but catching the ball is another matter in my opinion. Wish I could be there but have to go watch Junior in a golf tourn. Friday and Saturday. Hey I am rooting for our district regardless bc of the teams lurking to the east.

Hey etbu, I responded to your question on the 3A Poll site.

As to Huffman & Dist. play, I would guess if they are (OK or really good) they will win that District.  22-3A has fallen on hard times for a few years in baseball.

Yea your right and hopefully we can right the ship this year but will see. Actually Huffman has fared pretty good over the last five or six years in round one. Have won five of six or so and only time we lost was last year to LCM and only bc our best player got chunk-ed before the playoffs.

I thought you scored points in football and basketball and runs in baseball???  Just kidding, but i will say Huffman wins behind their hitting,  but it may be a 13-10 game.  I predict a very high score unless Henk shuts down Liberty's hitting which is possible.

Hey etbu, I responded to your question on the 3A Poll site.

As to Huffman & Dist. play, I would guess if they are (OK or really good) they will win that District.  22-3A has fallen on hard times for a few years in baseball.

Yea your right and hopefully we can right the ship this year but will see. Actually Huffman has fared pretty good over the last five or six years in round one. Have won five of six or so and only time we lost was last year to LCM and only bc our best player got chunk-ed before the playoffs.

We beat you guys in round 1 in 2005. Sorry I had to throw that in there  ;D Best of luck to the Falcons. I respect your program and you guys always are a classy bunch. Hopefully a playoff matchup between OF and Huffman lies down the road....

I thought you scored points in football and basketball and runs in baseball???  Just kidding, but i will say Huffman wins behind their hitting,  but it may be a 13-10 game.  I predict a very high score unless Henk shuts down Liberty's hitting which is possible.

haha there still points lol

Guest spidermunky

Well i hope that Huffman does catch the ball wich i think they will, but mainly they have to stay focused the whole game and if everything goes as planned Huffman will come out with a win.

etbu....golf really??? come on!!!!!!!!!!

Yea bro for real bc junior is taking his golf game to play in a two day golf outing in Huntsville on Friday and Saturday. Just got home buying forty five balls so tells what kind of golfer he is. Older boy was a scratch but this one shot a 112 last week.  ??? He is going to Etbu to play football but coach likes him in case it breaks out if you can feel me. Ha

Hey let me say this about our team and that is they are not a Steve Sax or Chuck Knoblauch in the field. If Henk can keep the ball down pitching you wont have to worry about the boys catching the ball. Wish I could be there but live it up fellers.

If the Lady Falcons could play the Liberty Panthers today why did the boys game get canceled? Same town and location right?  ???  Plus kids just got done playing thirty six holes over the last two days............  ??? Now each team is facing three games next week which can make for a long WEEK. 

Well. If you will look on the alternate post on here concerning top 20 alternate 3A Polls,etc:  I ranked Huffman #11 & Liberty #18--I think they are in the top 20...Some little girl objected by saying too many from SE TX on my list(which was 6, including you two).....ETBU, do you folks consider yourselves South East Texas or Great Houston area?

====

Look forward to a good competitive game over in 22-3A. ;D

Well. If you will look on the alternate post on here concerning top 20 alternate 3A Polls,etc:  I ranked Huffman #11 & Liberty #18--I think they are in the top 20...Some little girl objected by saying too many from SE TX on my list(which was 6, including you two).....ETBU, do you folks consider yourselves South East Texas or Great Houston area?

====

Look forward to a good competitive game over in 22-3A. ;D

Yea ET I saw the response and thought it was a shot but OK everyone  has their opinion. As far as what we think of ourselves hard to say bc we are in between many areas. I consider us S.E. Texas bc we play and have played many teams from the GT over the years. Houston gives zero coverage to Huffman and even the Chronicle fails to bc we are overshadowed by Kingwood and Humble.

You got a point there.....  With so many High Schools all around you--it seems no one gets sports coverage, very well.  Good luck to your team: I have a feeling you will be quite ready to really shine come playoff time.

ET I hope so and obviously in the hands of the Coach but we will see. What is interesting is that the very few of our kids if any have gone k-12 here in Huffman. Most are transplants from area schools which is OK but sometimes can present probelms. Pops buys a house over here and junior is not as successful as he would like then you know what. Coaching over here is very complex ed bc we have'em from all over. To my knowledge none of our starters have gone Huffman from start to finish I think. Intersting which you did not ask but what the heck.

I see your point--its hard to build tradition when you have not had a time-table-- for most to grow together and mature locally.

I have watched at BC where even now, and many years before, girls that have pitched; soon after HS usually start working with a "little sister".  Today one young adult was at a ballgame to see how "her" 10 year old pitched in a 10 & U game.  That is one of the benefits of small-town-America.

Small towns that have a lot of youth on select-type teams(boys or girls) that mostly end up playing HS ball together have a slight advantage.

I was shocked to see Huffman drop down to 3A, but we welcome you. Maybe several winning teams will foster a new stronger spirit down in 3A ball.  You have some good programs up and running this year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami