‘Dogs begin spring football today

There's one thing that can be done to improve the situation 50% right off the bat; maybe 75%.  But the HC will not do it.  You know it and I know it.  Like one poster said: it's like a spaghetti strainer.  You are not stupid.  Some people just tend to drink more of the kool-aid than other's do.  Not to say that you do, of course.

PS - You did good on the periods.

I never was tough, I still consider myself a part of EVERYONE, and you said EVERYONE knew what needed to be done.  I'm stupid, please enlighten me.  And I used periods this time to help out.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brubaker

Okay, the only way you get a major change is get rid of coaches.  You're saying to get rid of Spell?  I bet that's exactly what most PNG folks would want.  I scratch my head at that one.  Can't think EVERYONE would want that.  A lot of folks have some very fond memories of some VERY DOMINANT defenses with that guy at the helm... if I'm wrong, like I said, please correct me, I'm an IDIOT.

I stand corrected.  You are right.  Not EVERYONE would want to see that change.  Just like Neumann hated to see Barnett leave.

Since we rehashed this before, let me state my opinion on some of these defenses.  Before Neumann, the defenses weren't very good.  I believe this individual was at the helm for DeRouen.  Then Neumann came along.  It got somewhat better; had a few good above average years.  But what is the difference?  I say it was Neumann's influence.  If Neumann left, and the same at defensive helm, it would go back to what it was before Neumann.  But I don't think he would be a new coaches DC.  Again, just my opinion.  :)  :)

Okay, the only way you get a major change is get rid of coaches.  You're saying to get rid of Spell?  I bet that's exactly what most PNG folks would want.  I scratch my head at that one.  Can't think EVERYONE would want that.  A lot of folks have some very fond memories of some VERY DOMINANT defenses with that guy at the helm... if I'm wrong, like I said, please correct me, I'm an IDIOT.

Guest Brubaker

Now Smitty we're getting somewhere, this is a message board where opinions should be aired, you've just stepped out and aired a big one.  You're claiming Spell is a fraud... interesting.  Maybe you're right, we have been outright horrible the last couple of years.

Guest Penny

Land*Shark.. I think You're right!!!! Smitty, I think I was in class with you at Nederland... were you sitting behind me in my Special Ed class?

We all know that a coach definitely has an influence on his team, whether it is the HC, OC, DC, or whatever.  These fellas are put in place to motivate, teach, and mentor their teams, just to name a few "hats" they wear.  Neumann is a good coach, so is Spell, and they have done a GREAT job with the Bulldogs .  Matt had his time at PNG and now it's time for Faircloth. I think Faircloth is going to be GREAT for PNG and from what I am already seeing and hearing, PNG's program is on the rebound and PNG will definitely be back to the quality of team that so many PNG faithful are used too. I look forward to an exciting year and probably one of the BEST MCM's ever.  Good luck to ALL the area teams this year!

We all know that a coach definitely has an influence on his team, whether it is the HC, OC, DC, or whatever.  These fellas are put in place to motivate, teach, and mentor their teams, just to name a few "hats" they wear.  Neumann is a good coach, so is Spell, and they have done a GREAT job with the Bulldogs .  Matt had his time at PNG and now it's time for Faircloth. I think Faircloth is going to be GREAT for PNG and from what I am already seeing and hearing, PNG's program is on the rebound and PNG will definitely be back to the quality of team that so many PNG faithful are used too. I look forward to an exciting year and probably one of the BEST MCM's ever.  Good luck to ALL the area teams this year!

I totally agree. I don't think coaches are always the blame. The players are responsible sometimes. If you've had success with Spell, then maybe the drop off's not his fault. A coach can't put a kid in the right place. He can only show the kid where he needs to be. He can't be aggresive for the kid. He can only try to bring the aggresiveness out of the kid. Some times you get a group that don't respond a good as another group. Some times the chemistry is just not there with the players. The head coach pretty much knows his coaching staff, especially if they've been together for awhile.

All I can say is don't go to Vegas.  You are 0-3!

Since you keep "rehashing" this topic.

Smitty,  let me guess.

You are an ex-Bulldog now residing in PN-G.

You thought you were a great linebacker.

You never touched the field because it was Spell's fault.

Not a fraud, my friend, just a tremendous amount of help when they hired Neumann.  Again, how good were his defenses under DeRouen?  Not very, as I recall.  If you have a good explanation for this one, I'll listen. 

Now Smitty we're getting somewhere, this is a message board where opinions should be aired, you've just stepped out and aired a big one.  You're claiming Spell is a fraud... interesting.  Maybe you're right, we have been outright horrible the last couple of years.

Its nederland jr's though 8th graded thats stacked

That is an INTERESTING question, with no negativity implied.  Just curious:  What DOES Neumann have coming through his program?

186_indian.gif.jpg

He's got a bunch of current fresh/sophs that he's impressed with... lots of em and he wants to take a look.  We've said this before, but the current sophs down through this year's 8th grade are loaded with as much talent as Nederland's ever had... time will tell if it translates to Friday nights.  But, my two cents is we haven't seen groups stacked together like this since the 99 - 02 season. 

You are joking right Smitty?  Nervous... about what?  About what he's got coming through his program right now ... yeah I bet he's crappin himself as we speak.

Nervous, yes, cuz the predictability is gone, zero, zilch, nada, got a new coach that he dont know from a hill of beans and no previous game films to watch go ahead and watch MOJO but i bet our "D" and "O" wont be the same and with what hes got to work with hes got a great year ahead, they are catching on to the new system quick. dang the season cant get here soon enough

You are joking right Smitty?  Nervous... about what?  About what he's got coming through his program right now ... yeah I bet he's crappin himself as we speak.

Nervous, yes, cuz the predictability is gone, zero, zilch, nada, got a new coach that he dont know from a hill of beans and no previous game films to watch go ahead and watch MOJO but i bet our "D" and "O" wont be the same and with what hes got to work with hes got a great year ahead, they are catching on to the new system quick. dang the season cant get here soon enough

Gonna be a GREAT year for the Indians!

All right!  The Injuns are throwing down a challenge.  Will it be answered?!

Gonna be a GREAT year for the Indians!

We will have a few games worth of film by the time we play.

I have to say that us PNG fans should be very carfeful in our predictions for next season. Way too many unknowns at this point. The only thing we know now is that the preparation for the oppossing defense will be much more difficult than in the past and this we like, but to assume right off the bat that it will result in big wins over quality teams like Nederland, Central or Lumberton (never thought I would use "Quality Team" and Lumberton together  ;D) would be a mistake right now. We have many reasons to be optimistic with the changes made thus far, but lets not get too far ahead.

If I missed it, when will Nederland play the Spring game?

I have to say that us PNG fans should be very carfeful in our predictions for next season. Way too many unknowns at this point. The only we know now is that the preparation for the oppossing defense will be much more difficult than in the past and this we like, but to assume right of the bat that it will result in big wins over quality teams like Nederland, Central or Lumberton (never thought I would use "Quality Team" and Lumberton together  ;D) would be a mistake right now. We have many reasons to be optimistic with the changes made thus far, but lets not get too far ahead.

Its easy to get very positive with the changes we are seeing at The Reservation.  But, I agree with you concerning predictions.

I have to say that us PNG fans should be very carfeful in our predictions for next season. Way too many unknowns at this point. The only thing we know now is that the preparation for the oppossing defense will be much more difficult than in the past and this we like, but to assume right off the bat that it will result in big wins over quality teams like Nederland, Central or Lumberton (never thought I would use "Quality Team" and Lumberton together  ;D) would be a mistake right now. We have many reasons to be optimistic with the changes made thus far, but lets not get too far ahead.

Very true, good post.

Another thing is anyone who does a little research on Coach Faircloth's offense will find out it is one of the toughest to scout and prepare for. It is a very versatile offense. The question is how long it will take to learn. But as of right now we have to be considered the underdog in MCM. Nederland has one of the top area qb's coming back.We are the ones that have to prove ourselves.Can't wait, it should return to being a good one for years to come. Both sides have some good talent coming.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami