TABC All-State teams

Guest stevenash

Yeah, isnt that funny?  ::)

The truth often is funny.  Will you admit now that Mr. Donahoe compares quite favorably with whom you  consider the golden triangle messiah of recent years particularly in a basketball intellect sense as well as attitudinally?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stevenash

I think they will go quite well together next season...... ;)

Thats nice but you not answering my question, is, in itself, an answer.  Thanks and good luck.

Guest stevenash

Yes, Ryan Donahoe can play with anyone in the Houston or Dallas areas regardless of classification...He certainly can.

How kind and considerate of you to acknowledge that.  Perhaps there is still hope for some of those 3-a country bumpkin followers who have been insisting on that fact for the last couple of years seemingly to the chagrin of the "big boys".

Guest spinks

I now know who know all is......................hahahaha!!!!

To answer your question I feel that both were unique in their own way.  I think that Kenyon is the best all around player that HJ has ever had, but on the other hand Donahoe did lead his team to the State Title in 07 and Kenyon lead his team to the State Semis in 1994.  Coaching was the big difference.  Had HJ had the coaching staff now that they had in 1994 then I think they would have won State in 1994 also.

Donahoe could take over a game more than Kenyon could.  What made kenyon a sure d1 player is that he had larry birds basketball IQ and he could shoot the ball and had size.  Shot the mid range jumper as good as anyone and that is something that is HARD to do.  In high school I would have rather had donahoe and in college I would have rather had spears. 

Funny, I never look at Lamar being a legit D-1 school.

Kenyon passed up an offer to play at texas and tamu in hopes of something bigger(a pipe dream even though he is my bud).  He single handidly lead his team to the state semis as a soph and texas loved him.  He held out and his value diminished big time his senior season.

Texas and TAMU? yEAH SURE!  When are the HJ guys gonna learn to stop waiting on the big D-1 schools to call their homes? Somebody is listening to some bad advice over there in China, Sour Lake, etc.

If you would like me to get Mr. Spears on the phone for you I will do that.  He was offered 50% by texas and never had papers from tamu he did have verbal offers.  Again it doesnt make me any bigger or better that he got offered but the offer stands if you would like me to get him on the phone.  Remember the ags and the longhorns werent quite what they are today back in 1995.

DV did you see spears play in high school or just college.  To say that Donahoe brought home the hardware is something spears did not, but to Spears benefit if I am not mistaken wasn't he a 3 time all-state selection.  He was offered a UT scholarship but that didn't work out; I would have to say there are some Blue Devils that know who he is.

Guest spinks

DV did you see spears play in high school or just college.  To say that Donahoe brought home the hardware is something spears did not, but to Spears benefit if I am not mistaken wasn't he a 3 time all-state selection.  He was offered a UT scholarship but that didn't work out; I would have to say there are some Blue Devils that know who he is.

EXACTLY!!!!

EXACTLY!!!!

Please! Duke never took Lamar seriously that night. If you review the games between Duke AND Lamar and Duke's next opponent (Kansas?), Duke's intensity level on truly on a higher competitive plane. Duke played down to Lamar. Watch the tape.

Guest DickVitale

They did not even watch much game film on Lamar I would bet!!....Trust me, those Duke players DO NOT KNOW Kenyon Spears... ::) ::)...You HJ fans are UNBELIEVABLE! ::) ::)

Maybe not the first half but by the second half they thought man these cardinals came to play.  Man is it that hard for some people to say here is a young man that kept it together and took advantage of a god given talent and made something of himself.  How many good basketball players from your respected schools have the talent but does nothing with it.  All I am saying is we have a local guy playing on a national stage and you guys try to belittle his accomplishments.  I know DV Perkins is in the NBA,  but at 7'0" he could by pass college and much deserved.  No one on here talks about how he got worked over by that Dallas Cat in the championship game in high school.  I think its pretty cool when a local kid does something great because in some ways it reflects their communities. 

Maybe not the first half but by the second half they thought man these cardinals came to play.  Man is it that hard for some people to say here is a young man that kept it together and took advantage of a god given talent and made something of himself.  How many good basketball players from your respected schools have the talent but does nothing with it.  All I am saying is we have a local guy playing on a national stage and you guys try to belittle his accomplishments.  I know DV Perkins is in the NBA,  but at 7'0" he could by pass college and much deserved.  No one on here talks about how he got worked over by that Dallas Cat in the championship game in high school.  I think its pretty cool when a local kid does something great because in some ways it reflects their communities. 

but we are talking about NBA allstar chris bosh

How many NBA players came off that Duke team.  Just saying we have had some great athletes from this area, some thrived in college and some are lucky enough to play in the pros.  Football I love to watch Jamaal Charles run with football only because he is local and want him to succeed.  The way Jarvis Bernard played in that all-star game, last year how come no one is talking about 3A.  He held his on, but I guess they werent ready because he came from a small school.  To say that Duke didn't prepare is crazy.  I will guarantee you that Coach K watched film not wanting to take the chance on being upset by a 16 seed.  No GOOD coach is going to take any team lightly. 

How many NBA players came off that Duke team.  Just saying we have had some great athletes from this area, some thrived in college and some are lucky enough to play in the pros.  Football I love to watch Jamaal Charles run with football only because he is local and want him to succeed.  The way Jarvis Bernard played in that all-star game, last year how come no one is talking about 3A.  He held his on, but I guess they werent ready because he came from a small school.  To say that Duke didn't prepare is crazy.  I will guarantee you that Coach K watched film not wanting to take the chance on being upset by a 16 seed.  No GOOD coach is going to take any team lightly. 

Watch the tape. I'm like DV, don't ask Duke for the tape because they probably don't have it. Check with LU. Duke was walking around the court with no intensity. By the second half, Duke picked it up because their coach got on their butts for lack of focus/intensity. Then, watch Duke's next game and you will see the intensity level is different because of the different caliber team. I'm not knocking Kenyon (sp?). He hit some good shots.

It's just human nature to play down when you know you are far superior than a weaker opponent.

Come on Dove as an LU employee you have to agree that it was great to see Kenyon and LU hang (be within 20 in the 2nd half) against a #1 seed Duke team.  Now 10 years later it was Duke farting off out there.  Sure they took it easy on LU, but who cares?????  Give some credit for the undermatched Cards against the Devils.

Come on Dove as an LU employee you have to agree that it was great to see Kenyon and LU hang (be within 20 in the 2nd half) against a #1 seed Duke team.  Now 10 years later it was Duke farting off out there.  Sure they took it easy on LU, but who cares?????  Give some credit for the undermatched Cards against the Devils.

It is what is!!!! 8)

;) yeah right......    :o this is what duke fans looked like that day  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o       

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o 

Guest stevenash

Im not saying they played like it was a national championship, Im saying second half butts got tight and who is this Spears kid.  Coach K says "He played HS ball at that weak 3A school HJ and he is running all over yall."

It's all a figment of your imagination.

One must be mindful of the fact that perhaps Coach K, at that time, had not been "enlightened" by the "enlightened" that Spears was from a 3-a school in a weak region.

Guest aschrapps

but we are talking about NBA allstar chris bosh

Gold medalists to and it would sound pretty dumb for someone to take anything Perkins has accomplished away from him.  Just think if Ozen would have prepared of Kelly.

What exactly does this mean?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami