TABC All-State teams

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DickVitale

I gotcha...I will make sure that in the media guide he will be listed from SPRING WESTFIELD HIGH SCHOOL in bold print and in tiny letters it will say......"he attended hj too"  :D :D :D

hey kenny me and my cousin were talking the other day and we had a little debate.  Question was who was better Kenyon Spears or Ryan Donahoe.  Now being I was in school when Spears came through and him being older than me, I would say Spears.  Donahoe was a great scorer and led a mean press.  I was just wondering if my answer was a little biased because I grew up knowing and watching him play little dribblers.  Anyone from HJ can weigh in, just a little fun debate.

hey kenny me and my cousin were talking the other day and we had a little debate.  Question was who was better Kenyon Spears or Ryan Donahoe.  Now being I was in school when Spears came through and him being older than me, I would say Spears.  Donahoe was a great scorer and led a mean press.  I was just wondering if my answer was a little biased because I grew up knowing and watching him play little dribblers.  Anyone from HJ can weigh in, just a little fun debate.

Forget those two. I'll take Clay and Chris Davis any day over those two guys.

I now know who know all is......................hahahaha!!!!

To answer your question I feel that both were unique in their own way.  I think that Kenyon is the best all around player that HJ has ever had, but on the other hand Donahoe did lead his team to the State Title in 07 and Kenyon lead his team to the State Semis in 1994.  Coaching was the big difference.  Had HJ had the coaching staff now that they had in 1994 then I think they would have won State in 1994 also.

Guest spinks

To answer your question I feel that both were unique in their own way.  I think that Kenyon is the best all around player that HJ has ever had, but on the other hand Donahoe did lead his team to the State Title in 07 and Kenyon lead his team to the State Semis in 1994.  Coaching was the big difference.  Had HJ had the coaching staff now that they had in 1994 then I think they would have won State in 1994 also.

Donahoe could take over a game more than Kenyon could.  What made kenyon a sure d1 player is that he had larry birds basketball IQ and he could shoot the ball and had size.  Shot the mid range jumper as good as anyone and that is something that is HARD to do.  In high school I would have rather had donahoe and in college I would have rather had spears. 

what if donahoe had the same supporting cast as spears.  i think it would be a positive and a negative as far as debate goes.  Donahoes scoring would have been down obviously having Troop and with walters, anderson and shroeder that was some size.  I dont know if Donahoe would have thrived as much with these guys as he did in 07.  Still wouldve been fun to see Troop, Donahoe and spears on the court with Lance and Big Tim or Aaron.

Donahoe could take over a game more than Kenyon could.  What made kenyon a sure d1 player is that he had larry birds basketball IQ and he could shoot the ball and had size.  Shot the mid range jumper as good as anyone and that is something that is HARD to do.  In high school I would have rather had donahoe and in college I would have rather had spears. 

Funny, I never look at Lamar being a legit D-1 school.

Guest spinks

Kenyon passed up an offer to play at texas and tamu in hopes of something bigger(a pipe dream even though he is my bud).  He single handidly lead his team to the state semis as a soph and texas loved him.  He held out and his value diminished big time his senior season.

Kenyon passed up an offer to play at texas and tamu in hopes of something bigger(a pipe dream even though he is my bud).  He single handidly lead his team to the state semis as a soph and texas loved him.  He held out and his value diminished big time his senior season.

Texas and TAMU? yEAH SURE!  When are the HJ guys gonna learn to stop waiting on the big D-1 schools to call their homes? Somebody is listening to some bad advice over there in China, Sour Lake, etc.

Guest DickVitale

Ryan Donahoe all day...more refined game....Kenyon was the truth, no question about that but Ryan dominates games on both ends of the floor and has a really high basketball IQ to boot.  AND Ryan brought home the hardware back to HJ..That HAS to count for SOMETHING! ;)

Guest stevenash

Ryan Donahoe all day...more refined game....Kenyon was the truth, no question about that but Ryan dominates games on both ends of the floor and has a really high basketball IQ to boot.  AND Ryan brought home the hardware back to HJ..That HAS to count for SOMETHING! ;)

Funny how times change.  Just after a summer all star game in Pt. Arthur a couple of years ago, you weren't nearly as complimentary on one of these boards about Mr. Donahoe as you are now.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami