Best Sophmore in The Golden Triangle?

Guest tigersvoice

I'll take D.C. Stallworth of Silsbee. He has started for the Tigers both his freshman and soph. years, made all district both years. Very important player for Silsbee.

And he matured a great bit this (Sophomore) season.  Watching him at the beginning of the season - he was still kind of tentative in his positioning and moves to the basket.  By the end of the season he had overcome any timidity and might even had become a bit over-aggressive (i.e. foul trouble often).  With a little more experience he'll make those fouls look like he's getting them instead of him giving them.  He will be fun,

fun, fun for the Tigers for the next two seasons, though.  Wishing you good fortune, D.C.  Keep on developing - you're a jewel.

D.C is my boy! He is the best in the area hands down. Now he does have two more years left so he can only get better. I think if he work on his outside game more over the offseason, he will be a factor in the paint and behind the arc. He no doubt can dominate inside but to play college level he need to be taller but he has the talent to play guard too. He will be the player to look at next year. Just watch and see.

Guest A-TOWN

D.C is my boy! He is the best in the area hands down. Now he does have two more years left so he can only get better. I think if he work on his outside game more over the offseason, he will be a factor in the paint and behind the arc. He no doubt can dominate inside but to play college level he need to be taller but he has the talent to play guard too. He will be the player to look at next year. Just watch and see.

I agree

D.C. is the best sophomore I have seen this year.  With two years of experience,  I expect big things from him this year.  I do feel he will suprise some people and end up playing more outside than in the paint but he will still be a force on the boards along with Silsbee's two big men.  Silsbee also has another good sophomore returning whose season ended prematurely this year in Prentice Lane,  who will also provide good size at the guard position at 6'2.

And the year after that!!!!!!

And the year after that!!!!!!

That's correct!

• 2 weeks later...

It's refreshing to see a h.s. coach promote AAU or summer ball for their players. I think the challenging part is to continue to work on your individual game during the off-season and at the same time, continue to gain valuable game experience in summer ball. It will make a difference.

Guest aschrapps

It's refreshing to see a h.s. coach promote AAU or summer ball for their players. I think the challenging part is to continue to work on your individual game during the off-season and at the same time, continue to gain valuable game experience in summer ball. It will make a difference.

AAU promotes bad habits - Fess Irvin

AAU promotes bad habits - Fess Irvin

hahahhahaha! Okay, I'll shut up...hahahahahha  Fess hates AAU!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124