What east Texas team is the best bet to win state?

What east Texas team is the best bet to win state?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What east Texas team is the best bet to win state?

• Leggett
    • Slocum
    • Tenaha
    • New Waverly
    • Hardin Jefferson

I thought this would be a good question to ask everyone on here.  All 5 teams will have tough paths.  Leggett and Slocum will have to get through traditional powerhouses like Lipan and Nazareth.  Tenaha plays Roscoe in the semis and would get the winner of Plains/San Antonio Stacey.  New Waverly plays Shallowater and gets the winner of Ponder/Santa Rosa.  Hardin Jefferson has to get through 2 tough teams like Lubbock Estacado and winner of Dallas Madison/Stafford. 

I was at the 1A regional finals yesterday and i heard from different people that the winner of the Cayuga/Tenaha game may have been the state title game.  Slocum and New Waverly were considered favorites to get to state this season, but they will have a tough time with traditional power teams like Lipan, Nazareth and Ponder.  I know Hardin Jefferson will probably win this poll because of the fans on here, but i think if HJ fans were honest, most didnt expect them to be here and i have hard time seeing them beating Lubbock Estacado and Dallas Madison (but they have a great coach in Sutherland so who knows).  If i had to put actual money on this poll, i'd pick Tenaha or Slocum.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont