*Strake Jesuit vs. Chavez* - Strake wins by 1

Guest aschrapps

A lot of folks don't want a former private school in austin next week

UIL should not have allowed Strake in.

why shouldnt strake be in uil? Because they are a private school? I get the feeling this is more about them winning than them being private because no one would care if they were coming in last every year. They get no money from the government like public schools do so dont think they dont face challenges. So  :'( :'( :'( all you want. Strake in Tapps would be a total joke they have enough boys to be a 5a Uil team so they would be about 10a in TAPPS.

That being said got the chance to see Strake and Elkins play and Strake is a good team Joey Brooks is just a beast he is big and strong and a good rebounder. Tim Frazier is a great point guard extremely quick with the ball but always in control. Strake has a great coach he has those kids buy into his system and they work hard on defense. Dont play alot of people mainly 6-7 and their big three never come out. I dont know how they would do against a team like duncanville.

On a side note Strake's Fans rival HJ's they took up half of the Aldine Campbell center. Their students are loud all game long and they have some pretty funny cheers. Also the cheerleaders are hillarious as well they spent most of the game taunting the Elkins cheerleaders (after the elkins cheerleaders showed up late and they preceded to start this whole "cheer battle" by taunting the Strake Cheerleaders to start).

This is the Jesuit student section that will be on display in Austin this weekend!

And yes, I didn't want to play Chavez after they lit us up last year. The game ended with a Lobo dribbling the ball off his foot on the last possession.

Lucky break for the Jebbies.

did yall do the winners losers chant when you were there. That was great

No, we got a lot more personal. Against our top rivals, we had a nickname for every player on the other team. We chanted that name every time those people touched the ball: "ug-ly ug-ly, bow-wow, bow-wow, mid-get, mid-get, daddy's boy, daddy's boy"

Mainly St. Thomas and Westbury Christian where this rude chanting happened. We handed it to everyone though.

When I was there, we were an independent... too big for TAPPS and UIL was in the process of allowing us into their league.

My junior and senior years, the teams won at least 65 games, and I think they lost like 6 or 7(total), and we played anybody in the area. Our toughest competition back then was Westbury Christian and Dallas Jesuit.

Now we are allowed to play with the best in Texas, and we have just as many guidelines as any other public school in the state. The watchdogs make sure we're not "cheating" and the bottom line is if you have lower than a C in a class (on our 7 point scale) than you don't play ball. School rule. So those who maintain lower than a 77 in a class are considered inelligible.

Probably why our top three players are going to Notre Dame, Penn State, and Rice.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124