Lesson learned Silsbee??????

Guest spinks

Guest spinks

I hate to see seniors cry like that because that is a good bunch of kids and coaches.  It should teach some Silsbee fans to go easy on the predictions and be a little more humble from now on.  That includes you AAW.  You were not too cocky on this board but you sure were on the east texas board.  I hope a lesson is learned.  To you seniors...........great season.............To the coaches another solid season and I know while several of your fans overlooked jasper MOST (not including one player) did not!

P.S.  Jasper plays the way they did and HJ plays they way they did Jasper is headed to Austin!

I didn't go to the game but i am very proud of my tigers. I don't know if it's a jinks or what but for some reason a state championship just keeps avoiding us or we just can't put it together when it counts the most first WOS and now Jasper both football schools really we are a basketball school but we just can't put it together i give credit to jasper for playing hard and shocking the entire state because every one didn't see this one comming we will still be strong next year but this was a great opportunity lost and just like 98 this one hurts deep. Good luck Jasper-HJ play hard and win STATE!

Guest spinks

As far as matchups,  how do Jasper and HJ match up against each other?

Speed: Jasper    Athleticism:  Jasper    Shooting:  Tie  Basketball Acumen:  HJ

Speed: Jasper    Athleticism:  Jasper    Shooting:  Tie   Basketball Acumen:  HJ

I would agree.  It should be a VERY good game tomorrow.  Good luck HJ.

HJ has 4 very good players and a few others that play their roll.  Jasper seems to have about 3 or 4 very good players and a few that can chew up some minutes too.  To me the difference will be who can make free throws, stay out of foul trouble and stay hot from the outside.  

Burrell, Bernard and #21.  HJ has the inside, the outside and the theif (#21 is a pick pocket supreme.) Plus HJ little point guard #5 is a good little guard who can take it to the lane.

Jasper has Spikes, Bailey and #20 that jack it out nonstop and Bronson working hard downlow.  Jasper just flat out hustles and plays in spurts.  Hard to believe Jasper was so dominated on the boards by Silsbee and still pulled it out so I guess they have a good shot against HJ too.

This should be a very entertaining game to watch.

Congrats Jasper...You guys out played Silsbee tonight.

I am eating crow right now anyone and it is nasty :( :(

Thanks for coming in for your helping.  You were just backing your team.  That is what you are supposed to do.  I thought about starting a crow thread, but then I decided that would be tacky.  I know you guys are hurting right now.

I can't wait!!!!  If someone early in the year had said that HJ and Jasper would be in the Regional Final game tomorrow then many a bets would have been laid!!!!!  I am proud of the Hawks for making it 3 years in a row!!!!  Time to take care of business tomorrow and then go to the "Big House"!!!!!  No prediction here other than.........I hope that HJ scores more points than Jasper!!!! ;) ;) ;)

Guest hoops12

Congrats to Silsbee on a great season. I was expecting Silsbee to go the distance but anybody can win on any given night in this game.

im pretty sure everyone was expectibg silsbee to go the distance but like everyone said ANYONE CAN BE BEAT ON ANY GIVEN NIGHT silsbee put up a great fight in this game and i think they should b back in this situation again if they dont OVERLOOK anyone again  :)  :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anagha.23
    Newest Member
    anagha.23