Dayton over Nacogdoches???

bronco1

Nac by 7. ...after Friday's scrimmage against C.E. King I fell more confident. King is picked to win thier district, 21-4A, and the JV had gone 34-4 in the past few years as a group. We beat them on the freshmen, JV and Varsity level. We rushed for 300 yards and scored five times. We held C.E. King to 1 TD and 5 first downs. I know King is not Dayton, very strong history, but I was very much encouraged. The Dragons will start eight seniors and three juniors on offense and nine seniors and two juniors on defense. Very encouraged ....but one game at a time. I didn't know much about Dayton, but I've learned they have a strong tradition. 12-4A has got to be one of the toughest 4A districts in the state (Kilgore, Marshall, Hallsvill, Jacksonville and Nacogdoches)

I dont know guys about this one. Former Marshall HC Bill Harper has turned the corner in Nac. They to have some speed and play in one of the toughest districts in the state. With that said? Dayton by one. :lol:

I don't know anything about Nac except it is a long way off. :shock: 2-1/2 hours. We gotta go Thursday and watch the Freshman and JV games.

Beating C.E. King in a scrimmage and beating them in November is 2 different things. I wouldn't put to much stock in that score.

I'm sticking with my hometown boys to win 24-17. They gave some details of the CE King Scrimmage ...but the thing that impressed me the most was the Dragon's defensive speed. King tried all night long to run outside on us and they ended up running out of bounds because they couldn't get around the linebackers. I have never seen a Dragon team that fast!! The distance will be a killer ...and Dayton sounds like they know how to win a game ...we are just coming out of a 14 year funk!!

Dayton freshmen team did well ...executed well and took advantage of two Dragon fumbles inside our 10. Dayton 34-14

The JV game was a super close contest ...Nac wins 28-18. Tomorrow night should be a good one!!! I envy you folks in Dayton tomorrow night ...just can't make that 2 1/2 hour drive after work!! Good luck to both teams.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124