Should Jasper even show up????

Guest spinks

Guest spinks

According to the Silsbee fans and one of the experts on this board Jasper has NO chance.  They should not even play this game according to you guys!!!!!!!!! ::)

Obviously the odds are Silsbee will win this game but here is one thing to remember- the pressure really is all on them.  We can get on here and say how Jasper has no shot and they are going to get blown out and maybe they will.  But even if that happens, Jasper can walk out of that gym knowing that they had a great year and probably went as far as they could.  ON THE OTHER HAND THOUGH, if Silsbee were to lose, their season to some degree would be considered a failure which is unfortunate but also true.  I know Silsbee has played in some high profile games this year with HJ and they know what pressure feels like BUT the pressure of a game that determines your playoff seeding isn't quite the same as a game that determines if you get to keep playing.  I imagine Silsbee will win this one and Congrats to them if they do but let's just go ahead, throw that ball up at 8:00 in Huntsville, and play that game anyway.  Hope it's a good one.

Guest stevenash

Thank you Jarhead, finally someone on here is talking with common sense. These two team have played and yes silsbee blew jasper out the water, but this was early and both teams have improved so expect a better game. Go Dawgs "We Believe"

Jarhead, consider yourself warned that logic is not always welcomed here. ;)

Jarhead, consider yourself warned that logic is not always welcomed here. ;)

Well I did kind of flinch when I realized somebody had replied to my post.  I've seen some of the blastings people get but I figured since I didn't actually say that Silsbee (or HJ for that matter) would lose, I might be able to walk out and not limp out!

Guest nostradamus

Year:  2005

Site:  Evadale High School

Event:  Boys High School Basketball Playoffs (Area Round)

Teams:  Hardin-Jefferson v. Jasper

History:  HJ 29-3 and one of those 29 was a 40 point shalacking of Jasper @ Jasper early in the year

Outcome:  Jasper wins by 10, HJ goes home.

History:  HJ 29-3 and one of those 29 was a 40 point shalacking of Jasper @ Jasper early in the year

no kidding?  ;)  but that was HJ.  couldn't happen to Silsbee.

i am from hj so i dont like any one of these teams but jasper did have to win games to get where they are at. silsbee is not god they can be beat and have been. jasper is going to give them a run for the money so yea they should show up and they have a chance to win the ball game.

Wow I still remember that game like it was yesterday, I'm still upset over it. But Jasper came to play that night, and it could happen again you never know even though Silsbee is the overwhelming favorite, you still have to play the game.

Guest stevenash

Wow I still remember that game like it was yesterday, I'm still upset over it. But Jasper came to play that night, and it could happen again you never know even though Silsbee is the overwhelming favorite, you still have to play the game.

One of those Jasper players is now an all america linebacker at Missouri

Guest stevenash

i am from hj so i dont like any one of these teams but jasper did have to win games to get where they are at. silsbee is not god they can be beat and have been. jasper is going to give them a run for the money so yea they should show up and they have a chance to win the ball game.

Good sensible and logical comment, Statechamp07.  However, sometimes sensibility and logic seemed to be condemned on this board.

no doubt about it I know they are extremely disappointed. I know becuase that is how I felt last year. Great season Tigers keep those chins up, You had a amazing run, with one of the most talented group of young men in SE Texas. Great Job Jasper looking forward to another match up with you guys, I know you played us tight last year at our place, baily and sparks went off on us.

STATECHAMP07    said it best    

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder