College Offers??

Last I heard Flowers is going to Blinn and Burrell has an offer to ETBU.

Blinn...not bad! ETBU...com on now! If i were him i would try Juco also..chance to improve stock and get more looks from bigger schools. Could also eventually get some school paid for. If im not mistaking ETBU doesnt pay for school..Correct me if im wrong.

Hey Oldskool97.  Not sure what you have against ETBU.  I am a coach here at ETBU and you apparently do not understand D-III football.  We do not give athletic scholarships, but there are other measures our students qualify for that help them pay for school.  If you think getting a scholarship is what justifies you as a good ball player, than you are sadly mistaken.  We look for kids like Burrell that are not only good athletes but also quality students and quality character kids.  I have seen Burrell on tape and we want him here and feel he would be a great addition to not only our football program but also to our campus as a whole.  We are offering Burrell an opportunity to get a quality education and do something he enjoys doing.  What is so sad these days is that so many people think an athletic scholarship is a badge of honor when the true honor is going to school, getting an education and being a part of something special where you have to make a commitment to something bigger than yourself, whether that is a football team, a basketball team, or the debate team.  And just so you know, we have some very good players here that are D-II to DI-AA caliber that developed after high school.  It also looks like two of our guys will be playing on Sundays next year.  Please do not talk down about any D-III program.

Guest tigersvoice

Hey Oldskool97.  Not sure what you have against ETBU.  I am a coach here at ETBU and you apparently do not understand D-III football.  We do not give athletic scholarships, but there are other measures our students qualify for that help them pay for school.  If you think getting a scholarship is what justifies you as a good ball player, than you are sadly mistaken.  We look for kids like Burrell that are not only good athletes but also quality students and quality character kids.  I have seen Burrell on tape and we want him here and feel he would be a great addition to not only our football program but also to our campus as a whole.  We are offering Burrell an opportunity to get a quality education and do something he enjoys doing.  What is so sad these days is that so many people think an athletic scholarship is a badge of honor when the true honor is going to school, getting an education and being a part of something special where you have to make a commitment to something bigger than yourself, whether that is a football team, a basketball team, or the debate team.  And just so you know, we have some very good players here that are D-II to DI-AA caliber that developed after high school.  It also looks like two of our guys will be playing on Sundays next year.  Please do not talk down about any D-III program.

Very well spoken, Sir.

Nice post Benny ! I understand Deweyville's Lineman Dalton Estes is going > Congrats to Dalton and ETBU. They are getting a good one.

Dont think OldSkool was knocking ETBU or DIII but was surprised Burrell hadnt received better offers (meaning higher level) b/c he's a talented kid. Seen him play football and basketball and he has the ability to be productive at DII, probably I-AA. Not to mention he has the frame (about 6'3" I believe) to really benefit size, strength and speed wise from a college weight program.

No doubt there are talented DIII players, but I think most people understand that DIII < DII < DI-AA < DI when it comes to the overall level of competition (this is a general statement, I know we can all cite examples where the App States beat the Michigans, but those are the exception, not the rule). Again its not a knock on DIII, it's just reality.

Bottom line is the kid is a terrific all around athlete that may really blossum as a football player once he's focused on one sport in college... think thats all OldSkool was sayin.

Thank you #1pirate.....We are very excited to have Dalton.....I tried to remain very positive with my response to the post by oldskool......It is a growing problem in our society as a whole....the basic rule of thumb is, "If you are a D-1 talent, the D-1's know about you."  The recruiting process is difficult to navigate.  Check out the rosters of the 1-AA AND II guys and see how many are transfers....another thing you can look at is how many true freshmen are on significant scholarship money.....Many times a D-II comes in and offers a kid $500 in school money and they call it a football scholarship and the kid jumps on it because he can tell people "hey, I got a football scholarship."  They end up paying more money than they would at a D-III school and hold a dummy for 2 years than maybe get to play on the kickoff team their Jr and Sr. year......I didn't take offense to oldskool's comment at all but it did reflect a general attitude of uninformed society.....Just because you think a kid is worthy of a scholarship does not mean the people that are passing out the money do.....

My kid will attend Etbu this coming fall and we are very proud. Got some looks from some D1-AA but like you said they offer half or a quarter or flat want you walk on. Kid from Huffman  is at a SLC school and is a  deep snapper, and second string LB last year. NO MONEY. This year same scenario and he got half was glad to get it. My kid is going to a great school and cannot wait until next fall. Plus he gets to go on a  mission trip over the summer with the Coaches. Not all bad and there are many GT kids that play football in the ASC.

I can tell you we are excited to have your young one with us as well.  We have put together a really good class of recruits to give us some depth next year.  Thanks for all the posts supporting us.  We play some good football up here and folks need to get a realistic view of what really goes on in the recruiting process and what colleges are looking for.

sfasuljack basically summed it up. I wasnt't thrying to rag on any D3 program by any means. I just thought he would have gotten better offers! I myself have played college ball not far from ETBU this past season and was a walk on myself. No scholarship just hard work and determination. I have respect for anyone who plays college ball anywhere at any position with any talent level whether they are a very gifted athlete or a not so gifted athlete. Just simply shocked that he hadn't recieved higher level offers thats all.

Stuart Flowers Can Kick

His foot sore? Austin Sturock sp is a hoss up at Etbu and I mean a hoss.

hah probabley but stuart has that soccer leg so he is used to kicking..... but my friend trey burrell Rb/Safety from Hj might be attending ETBU

Stuart Flowers Can Kick

His foot sore? Austin Sturock sp is a hoss up at Etbu and I mean a hoss.

hah probabley but stuart has that soccer leg so he is used to kicking..... but my friend trey burrell Rb/Safety from Hj might be attending ETBU

Yea I heard that Trey is toying with that idea and hope he will. Great school and not to to far from home.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476