Coach Sims Stepping Down at HJ

whsalum

I have been meaning to add to this topic for weeks now.  I had the pleasure of meeting Coach Sims about 6 years ago.  Only had to coach against her once  (was VERY...I mean VERY lucky to get out with a win) But I did get to watch her teams play at least once...(and some times more) a year since then.  Her teams were ALWAYS well prepared. Her players always conducted themselves with class which is a direct reflection of their leader. 

Carol was also very loyal to the other teams in her district.  I'd call and ask questions about other district opponents and she was professional, but would never give out information that she felt would put them at a disadvantage. I have great respect for her because of her loyalty to the other programs in the Golden Triangle.

I consider her a true friend and always enjoy visiting with her at coaching clinics and the state tournament.  The coaching profession can be very tough...lots of cut throat and back stabbing.  Coach Sims always took the high road and stayed above it all.  The profession will truly miss her as will all those young people who hearts she touch.

Enjoy your retirement.  You are a CLASS ACT!!!!

I figured it out as soon as I hit send hoops........I knew exactly who you were.......thanks again for the kind words.  WE were the lucky ones......it could have been alot worse!!!!  Your teams play GREAT pressure man and, as I recall, we had some trouble with that!!!  Good Luck next year!!!! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83