Barbers Hill vs. Caldwell @ Colunbus tournament

EAGLE07

LaGrange will be salty and Columbus usually fields a solid squad. With the loss of last year's entire pitching staff, maybe coach is trying to get some confidence and momentum built up early in the season. Just my opinion.

None in the top 10. Not sure if LaGrange is in top 20 or not.

final score  BH 10 Caldwell 0

Alex Rocha 5 IP, 1-hitter

Jared Baker 1 IP

Tony Carmona (ss) went 4-4. Jake Ponder walk-off 3-run HR to end the game.

BH will play La Grange @ 7:00 tonight. 

A few more stats on the Columbus game:

Carmona 4-4, 4 runs, 2 rbi

Padgett  1-3, 2 runs

Henscey  1-3, 2 runs, 1 rbi

Ponder    1-3, 3 r-HR,1 run, 4 rbi

Rocha      1-2 , 1rbi

Rocha looked very sharp on the mound and the defense was very solid behind him. The DP combo of Carmona and Clifton once again turning a double play in the game.

LaGrange will be salty and Columbus usually fields a solid squad. With the loss of last year's entire pitching staff, maybe coach is trying to get some confidence and momentum built up early in the season. Just my opinion.

I think this is definitely part of the reason. I also don't think he realized just how much talent was going to be on this team. Everyone got caught up in the loss of the pitching staff and didn't realize that we had 3 to 4 solid arms that would have started on most varsity squads last year.

Any score on BH/LG?

BH 11  LaGrange 0

Burditt gets the win. 5 ip, 3 hits, 8 K, 0 BB

Daniel Mitchell - 2 ip, 1 hit

Carmona 2-4, 2 runs

Henscey 2-5, 3 run HR, 4 rbi, 1 run

Ponder 2-5, 1 run, HR, 1 rbi

Burditt 2-4, 1 run

Rocha 1-3, 1 run, HR, 2 rbi

Peterson 1-2, 2b

Lyday 3-4, 2 runs, 2 rbi

Baker 2-4, 2b, 1 rbi

Any score on BH/LG?

BH 11  LaGrange 0

Burditt gets the win. 5 ip, 3 hits, 8 K, 0 BB

Daniel Mitchell - 2 ip, 1 hit

Carmona 2-4, 2 runs

Henscey 2-5, 3 run HR, 4 rbi, 1 run

Ponder 2-5, 1 run, HR, 1 rbi

Rocha 1-3, 1 run, HR, 2 rbi

Peterson 1-2, 2b

Lyday 3-4, 2 runs, 2 rbi

Baker 2-4, 2b, 1 rbi

That was payback from the Homer Baily days ;D ;D

Hey BH if I hear one more thing about last years fab four I might have to create a diversion and blow my brains out.

Hey BH did you think traveling 2 hours that no one would find out that you were playing in a JV Tournament? I think BH is playing Kinkaid in the Championship.

Snoop why are you hating? (whats the dizzle my nizzle). You must not be bleeding blue. Snoop come see for yourself we will be playing Manvel next week if you have time in between your scouting teams and reading the Houston Post

Hey BH did you think traveling 2 hours that no one would find out that you were playing in a JV Tournament? I think BH is playing Kinkaid in the Championship.

Keep on talking your smack...this BH team is alot better than most anticipated. BTW, who is your team ? Just want to make sure you're still on the forum after they face each other.  ;D

Hey Snooooop, I've got some more scouting material for you!

COLUMBUS TOURNAMENT

BH 11   COLUMBUS 12

As good as BH has looked this year and in the first 2 games of this tournament, I watched an entirely different team on Saturday night. It just seemed to be one of those nights that nothing went right. For whatever reason, this team was not ready to play last night. A very poor defensive night for BH and only a few kids hit the ball and looked good at the plate. Every team will lose games they're expected to win and maybe win a few they're expected to lose. Tonight we definitely lost one to a much less talented team. I know the kids got ripped by the coaches for about 15 to 20 minutes after the game so hopefully they'll respond in a positive way and let this one go. Looking forward to a rebound on Tuesday night!

Game results:

BH Offense : 11 runs, 7 hits, 8 runners lob

Padgett - 3-3, 2b, 3b, 2 bb, 1 rbi, 4 runs, 2 sb

Henscey- 2-2, 2b, 2 bb, 1 hbp, 2 rbi, 1 run, 1 sb

Burditt  - 1-4, 3-Run HR, 1 run, 3 rbi

BH Defense: 12 runs allowed only 5 earned, 9 hits, 6 walks, 7 K, 6 errors

Peterson - 3 ip, 3 hits, 5 runs 4 earned, 4 bb, 4 k

Mitchell   - 2 ip, 4 hits, 6 runs 1 earned, 2 bb, 2 k

Baker      - 1 ip, 2 hits, 1 run 0 earned, 1 k

All-Tournament Team selections from BH were:

Padgett - 5 for 11, 7 runs, 1 rbi, 4 sb, 3 bb, 0 errors

Carmona - 6 for 12, 6 runs, 3 rbi, 3 sb, 2 bb, 4 errors

Rocha    - 3 for 8, 1 run, 3 rbi, 0 sb, 2 bb, 1 Solo HR, 0 errors, 5 ip, 1 hit, 3 k, 0 bb

Other notables that had a good tournament:

Henscey - 5 for 10, 4 runs, 7 rbi, 2 sb, 2 bb, 1 hbp, 3-Run HR, 0 errors

Burditt   - 3 for 9, 2 runs, 3 rbi, 0 sb, 2 bb, 3-Run HR, 1 error, 5 ip, 3 hits, 8 k, 0 bb

Ponder   - 3 for 12, 2 runs, 6 rbi, 1 bb, Solo HR, 3-Run HR, 1 error

Guest shooter1709

Columbus Sentinal read all about it Columbus JV 12 BH 11 Parade down town at noon bring your lawn chairs :) :) :)

What a l) l ( k 

Guest ruben

Hey snoooopdog, get your facts straight!

The teams entered were: BH (4A), Reagan (4A), Columbus (3A), Caldwell (3A), LaGrange (3A) and Rice (2A).

None of which were a JV team!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami