Pn-g vs. Nederland (girls) this coming tuesday.

soccerfan

Just let the rich guy go on with his business... We all know PNG would beat Friendswood if they played... There I said it, now FFan, get over it...

I'm glad someone has some sense :D

He just won't understand until its game time.

Then we'll see who is "light years ahead"

wont we?

He just won't give up... They are .500 and he is still making the claim they are the best team ever...

yeah, well.. some people just can't let go of the past and accept the present :)

dont worry FFan.. reality will kick in soon enough and it won't be SO hard on you when it does.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The often disappointing Coach LP doesn't earn any points for making excuses.  And, truthfully, the FHS girls are down this year as compared to recent years.  But, they are still light years better than any other 4A team in Region 3.  In the region, the hierarchy at the 4A level is FHS, then teams like Brenham, Waco Midway and Santa Fe, and then the rest of the pre...um contenders.

Again, this is the same PNG team that lost to Texas City???  And, they are the cream of the crop in East Texas?        

well nederland beat santa fe and port neches beat nederland..and i saw the nederland santa fe game...and santa fe wasnt that impressive for being ranked so high so actually im thinkin port neches has a pretty good chance of giving these teams a run for their money

Wow, look what happens when you go to bed.  PNG is good, not sure about being THE BEST team in this parts, but they are up there.  They will give Brenham and Santa Fe (who lost to FW 6-0 if I'm not mistaken) a run for their money.  Having said that, I  just don't think they're gonna beat FW.  Yes, FW is THAT good is region 3.  ILike most on this site, I am rooting for the underdog and would be so happy if PNG won against FW.  However, FW is not gonna beat JJPearce or McKinney Boyd this year.  No repeats. 

You guys crack me up.  PNG is having a decent (by its standards) year, and suddenly you think you can win the region.  What next, people predicting that Dayton football will beat Friendswood?  As some people like to say, it aint gonna happen!

As for the TC game question, both the Chronicle and your local paper carry it as a 1-0 win for TC; so don't blame me for that.

The question for you is what teams has PNG played and beaten?  And, to whom have they lost? 

As for Friendswood, they may not be as strong as in years past, but their JV could still beat any team from East Texas.  Their losses are to top teams from the Dallas area and to some quality 5A teams.  Would the FHS teams of the last few years have won those games?  Probably.  But, the losses by this year's team are hardly reasons for PNG to think they can take down the three time (and counting) regional champs.  The truth is that PNG will get to Brenham and lose, and then everyone from East Texas will jump on here and say great season, etc. 

Look for Friendswood, or maybe Waco Midway or Brenham, to win the region.

So your making it clear their losses were to "some quality 5a teams". Well i do believe Cedar hill is considered to be one of these quality 5a teams- which PNG managed to beat. But wait it gets better.. they beat them 3-0. I dont know how long it will take Friendswood people, such as yourself, to realize its not at all about if you're "three time regional champs"- because most likely alot of those girls that achieved this while playing for friendswood are long gone.

You guys crack me up.  PNG is having a decent (by its standards) year, and suddenly you think you can win the region.  What next, people predicting that Dayton football will beat Friendswood?  As some people like to say, it aint gonna happen!

As for the TC game question, both the Chronicle and your local paper carry it as a 1-0 win for TC; so don't blame me for that.

The question for you is what teams has PNG played and beaten?  And, to whom have they lost? 

As for Friendswood, they may not be as strong as in years past, but their JV could still beat any team from East Texas.  Their losses are to top teams from the Dallas area and to some quality 5A teams.  Would the FHS teams of the last few years have won those games?  Probably.  But, the losses by this year's team are hardly reasons for PNG to think they can take down the three time (and counting) regional champs.  The truth is that PNG will get to Brenham and lose, and then everyone from East Texas will jump on here and say great season, etc. 

Look for Friendswood, or maybe Waco Midway or Brenham, to win the region.

We are in SOUTHeast Texas... Not East Texas...

Guest sports girl

Amen to WOW! Getting a little touchy. Sounds like this is about the parents and not the kids.

Let's let our actions speak and not our mouths. District is only half over. CHILLLLL!

PNG has beaten some of the same teams as the Friendswood team that started 6-6-1.  it doesn't matter.  they did really well the last three years.  they actually get a 3 goal advantage in every game of the playoffs due to their success in the past.  i can't believe you guys aren't hip to this information.  FF likes to get on here and belittle our local programs, while tooting his horn about how great Friendswood is.  Then, like in football and volleyball, when they lose, he gets all humble.  we'll see if it's the same in soccer this season.

PNG has beaten some of the same teams as the Friendswood team that started 6-6-1.  it doesn't matter.  they did really well the last three years.  they actually get a 3 goal advantage in every game of the playoffs due to their success in the past.  i can't believe you guys aren't hip to this information.  FF likes to get on here and belittle our local programs, while tooting his horn about how great Friendswood is.  Then, like in footballl and volleyball, when they lose, he gets all humble.  we'll see if it's the same in soccer this season.

looking forward to his humbleness.

I can see FF is not "loved" in this thread lol.  Just to show you how tough FW is though, they lost to Mesquite Poteet 1-0 at the beginning of the season.  Kelly lost to the same team 8-0 I believe.  How did Kelly do against PNG?

Hey, Bullet-head, what's wrong with being humble when you lose.  That's sure better than making excuses.  Try as I might, there is no place that lists the PNG results, and I note that no one is stepping up to tell me who they actually beat, who they tied, and to whom they lost.  That suggests that have beaten no one particularly good, and they have lost to some marginal teams.

Apologies on the whole East vs. Southeast Texas thing.  I guess that's a big deal for you.  Keep the hate/envy coming folks.  And, just promise me that at least some of you will have the ***** to get back on here and say I was right, and you were wrong, when PNG flames out against some real competition in the playoffs, and the Lady Mustangs collect their fourth staright regional title.  To borrow a famous phrase, FHS doesn't rebuild, they reload.  

Seriously, I think the FHS JV would have very little trouble beating any team from SOUTHeast Texas.  I bet they have more D1 club players than any SETX varsity.      

Hey, Bullet-head, what's wrong with being humble when you lose.  That's sure better than making excuses.  Try as I might, there is no place that lists the PNG results, and I note that no one is stepping up to tell me who they actually beat, who they tied, and to whom they lost.  That suggests that have beaten no one particularly good, and they have lost to some marginal teams.

Apologies on the whole East vs. Southeast Texas thing.  I guess that's a big deal for you.  Keep the hate/envy coming folks.  And, just promise me that at least some of you will have the ***** to get back on here and say I was right, and you were wrong, when PNG flames out against some real competition in the playoffs, and the Lady Mustangs collect their fourth staright regional title.  To borrow a famous phrase, FHS doesn't rebuild, they reload.  

Seriously, I think the FHS JV would have very little trouble beating any team from SOUTHeast Texas.  I bet they have more D1 club players than any SETX varsity.      

We can say the same for you, i dont see a list of losses ties and wins of FHS in my face right now now do i?

What i do know, thanks to your information, is FHS hardly beat texas city.. 3-0 IN A FULL GAME. right? Thats kind of... pitiful, dont you think? i mean for a "superstar team" and all.

"To borrow a famous phrase, FHS doesn't rebuild, they reload."-- whats this? i recall very clearly you saying FHS isn't as good as the past years, so now your changing your story.

the thing about it, FF, is that you only come on here to insult people, belittle teams, and brag about Friendswood.  go look at your previous posts.  how many of them don't fall into the three categories i named?  10?  if you had anything valuable to contribute to the board, you wouldn't be met with hostility every time you made a post.  there's nothing wrong with being humble when you lose, but it says more about someone when they're humble when they win. 

As usual, you are wrong bullethead, and one need only look at this thread to prove it. 

My first post was to respond to a prediction of a deep playoff run by PNG by posting my opinion that they would quickly meet and lose to Brenham.  That is my opinion and I stand by it, regardless of whether people like you thinks it is, or is not, a "valuable contribution."  And, I might add, I stated my opinion without insulting or belittling anyone, or bragging about Friendswood.

Of course, once the envy-motivated haters, led by you, attacked me with insults, etc., I had to respond in kind.  But, even when I do get sarcastic, I stay factual.

Now, from what I can tell by looking at their posted schedule, it seems that PNG has played an incredibly weak schedule.  I'm still waiting to see a list of their results -- why are you scared to post it?

you think i'm envious of friendswood?  that's laughable.  your first post fell into the "belittling" category.  it's all good, though.  you ever wonder why you can't comment on any thread in any forum without being attacked, though?  it's envy, most assuredly.  and you're right, all you did was post an opinion.  a thread about PN-G vs. Nederland, and you come in and turn it into a "your team is inferior" thread.

Yes, you are obviously envious of Friendswood ... you prove it time and time again. 

And using weasly words like "your first post fell into the 'belittling' category" is not just wrong, it makes you look petty and not very smart.  You are better off just admitting that you were wrong -- as usual. 

BTW, we're still waiting for those PNG results.  You have them so why are you afraid to post them?

A) i could give a crap less about friendswood.  my alma mater is 3A hardin-jefferson, so the only time i think about friendswood is when you come on here crowing about them, as my team will NEVER have to play them.

B)  as i mentioned before, my alma mater is hardin-jefferson, therefore i in fact DO NOT have any results for png this year.

C)  petty is coming onto a site that focuses on teams that are not in your district, and rarely play you, but managing to find a way to turn every thread into my team is better/my region is better/your team isn't as good as you think, then feigning offense when people get agitated with you.

all that said, i hope PNG gets to play Friendswood down the line.  If they beat them, maybe it will shut you up, and if they don't, you won't be able to say anything that you haven't said already. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn