Hats off to the Silsbee/HJ officials and coaches

ljeicp08

As someone who really just wanted to see a good basketball game and was unbiased...

Last night in the first half, Pheal Hill and Trey Burrell got into a little jawing-off session after each one drove the other to the bucket and scored. Immediately, one of the officials confronted them and said stop it.

Pheal had a few things to say the rest of the game just from pure emotion that I could tell, and Trey expressed himself (both anger and excitement) by just clapping his hands and not saying a word to anybody.

That's my first round of applause, for stopping that business.

The second thing is both coach's (Todd in the first half and Travis in the second half) had shouting matches with the refs where both were questionable calls that led to huge momentum swings. The coaches kept it very clean and to the point; they managed the arguing (especially coach Sutherland's burning a full time-out) to make their point then dropped it. Yes because the officials did not yell back nor did they even put to use the "MAKEUP CALL".

I felt like the game was called and managed well. In fact, HJ's gameplan was very obvious.... dribble drive penetration and gradually draw fouls... when we clear the middle, we'll beat Silsbee with our 3 and 4 guys off the dribble and to the bucket. (after two crucial foul outs)

I don't know if I was completely caught up in the hype, or if I really was experiencing two great high school coaches let their master plan roll out. I haven't enjoyed a complete effort LIVE like that in a long time, and it all ended with the players shaking hands and patting backs and appreciating each other's game, skill, and competition; because in the end, they know they'll see each other perhaps at a regional final, and that winner could have a huge advantage over anyone else in the state of Texas in class 3A.

Feel free to agree or disagree... remember I am completely unbiased...

Guest ST4life

Pheal did run his mouth alot and did not really back it up........

Pheal if you read this please just play smart like you did when you played @ HJ and help make those points..... ;)

also if you read this can you tell me if your shoes have springs in them cause you can flat out jump.......

Guest ST4life

Pheal if you read this please just play smart like you did when you played @ HJ and help make those points..... ;)

also if you read this can you tell me if your shoes have springs in them cause you can flat out jump.......

but he cant out jump jacoby

Dude I never said he could out jump Jacoby jackass........ ::)

why heckler?? he was simply stating he can jump which he can no need to try and trump him with an hj player

Guest ST4life

why heckler?? he was simply stating he can jump which he can no need to try and trump him with an hj player

yeah!!! no need to start that crap or we will be here all night.......

yeah!!! no need to start that crap or we will be here all night.......

very good point lol and i dont have all night to sit on the computer

As someone who really just wanted to see a good basketball game and was unbiased...

Last night in the first half, Pheal Hill and Trey Burrell got into a little jawing-off session after each one drove the other to the bucket and scored. Immediately, one of the officials confronted them and said stop it.

Pheal had a few things to say the rest of the game just from pure emotion that I could tell, and Trey expressed himself (both anger and excitement) by just clapping his hands and not saying a word to anybody.

That's my first round of applause, for stopping that business.

The second thing is both coach's (Todd in the first half and Travis in the second half) had shouting matches with the refs where both were questionable calls that led to huge momentum swings. The coaches kept it very clean and to the point; they managed the arguing (especially coach Sutherland's burning a full time-out) to make their point then dropped it. Yes because the officials did not yell back nor did they even put to use the "MAKEUP CALL".

I felt like the game was called and managed well. In fact, HJ's gameplan was very obvious.... dribble drive penetration and gradually draw fouls... when we clear the middle, we'll beat Silsbee with our 3 and 4 guys off the dribble and to the bucket. (after two crucial foul outs)

I don't know if I was completely caught up in the hype, or if I really was experiencing two great high school coaches let their master plan roll out. I haven't enjoyed a complete effort LIVE like that in a long time, and it all ended with the players shaking hands and patting backs and appreciating each other's game, skill, and competition; because in the end, they know they'll see each other perhaps at a regional final, and that winner could have a huge advantage over anyone else in the state of Texas in class 3A.

Feel free to agree or disagree... remember I am completely unbiased...

I agree with 99% of what you said, but #42 ran his mouth to some of the Silsbee Fans that were sitting behind the HJ bench, other than that a great post.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124