Barbers Hill Basketball 2009/2010

Guest ruben

We ended our season last night at the hands of North Forest. I feel bad for the seniors. Our season was marred with injuries and sickness, no excuses, just bad luck. Coming off a great season last year, a team that went to the playoffs, I guess you could say that a 16-16 season was sub-par.

The good thing is we will be better next season. Our underclassmen really contributed this season and should be a force next year. Some of the players to watch: Miller, Asbury, Mitchell, Crawley, Bounds, May, Armer, and Hopper.

We had a really strong JV team this season and there are some kids who will impact the varsity team next season, too. Good luck to those teams heading to the playoffs. We will see you next season for sure!

Who do you see BH beating out for one of the 4 playoff spots?

NF? (reloading/returning athletes as usual, even if losing top scorer)

Crosby? (very athletic JV replaces very good 3 graduating)

CE King? (whole varsity team returns)

Kingwood Park? (whole varsity team returns)

Galena Park? (Best player is returning but next 2 best graduate)

BH must beat out two of those to make playoffs.

Why won't next year be a repeat of this one?

After watching the entire season and seeing the determination of those underclassmen, there is no doubt that we will be a better team next season. I'm not taking anything away from the seniors, but the injuries and sickness that I mention in a previous post hurt the team.

We had many games where some of the underclassmen scored the most points and took control of the game. Only their inexperience worked against them this season.

We had the same kids working hard and learning all season. Most, if not all of our kids will play summer ball and with that and the experience they received from this past season, should put them in as one of the four teams going to the playoffs. Stay tuned!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont