Evadale loses a heart breaker by 2

trophyman

Guest Dist25fan

Evadale has great fans.  People were very nice and friendly.  Congrats to SP.  I thought Evadale would take the "w" away from SP; I WAS WRONG.  SP fans do travel well; they were loud (in a good way).  Evadale played hard and came up short.  I knew it would be an exciting game although I could have gone to WH/HD game, where I work nearby on a project.  This is simply my observation of the game: Evadale should have called off the press in the 4th quarter; they looked fatigue towards the end of the game, which allowed SP players to make some easy baskets during transition.  Will be at WH when it hosts Spurger this Friday.

Thanks Vakidis for the information about the game site.  IT WAS LOUD like you said!!!    

Evadale has great fans.  People were very nice and friendly.  Congrats to SP.  I thought Evadale would take the "w" away from SP; I WAS WRONG.  SP fans do travel well; they were loud (in a good way).  Evadale played hard and came up short.  I knew it would be an exciting game although I could have gone to WH/HD game, where I work nearby on a project.  This is simply my observation of the game: Evadale should have called off the press in the 4th quarter; they looked fatigue towards the end of the game, which allowed SP players to make some easy baskets during transition.  Will be at WH when it hosts Spurger this Friday.

Thanks Vakidis for the information about the game site.  IT WAS LOUD like you said!!!    

Very hard fought game, about as close as it gets, two points in overtime.  Thanks for a great game to kids from both schools!

Dist25fan, you know your basketball,  Evadale has stayed in the press too long several close games this year where their opponent has killed them on layups.  The press, at best, ruffled SP's feathers a little but it never was really effective.  IMO if Evadale would pull out of the press when its been beaten by the other team, they would be a much better team.  Heck, SP won the game and pressed very little.

Again, great game, Sharks deserved the win, but, Evadale played hard enough to win.  Just one of those things.

It got very loud.

Sp fan was screaming and Evadale fans was at it also

Our fans was worth 5 points maybe more ;)

Now no matter what happens Sabine Pass and Spurger both goes to the playoff.There is only one spot left open.

This Friday, what should be the most intense game,will be between Hull Daisetti vs Evadale

This game basically tell who take the last spot.

If Hd win they go to the playoff

If Hd lose they have to beat Sharks

It got very loud.

Sp fan was screaming and Evadale fans was at it also

Our fans was worth 5 points maybe more ;)

Now no matter what happens Sabine Pass and Spurger both goes to the playoff.There is only one spot left open.

This Friday, what should be the most intense game,will be between Hull Daisetti vs Evadale

This game basically tell who take the last spot.

If Hd win they go to the playoff

If Hd lose they have to beat Sharks

Or, best case senario...  West Hardin beats Spurger and then High Island both in WH, Evadale beats HD Friday & then both Evadale and HD lose next Tuesday!!! ;D :D ;D :D ;D

Guest Dist25fan

WHambulance,

Good assessment.  I thought I was the only spectator who made that observation about the press.  I have to say the press was effective in the first half because SP had some trouble handling it.  However, SP made some adjustments at half time and they handled press pretty well in the  second half.  Evadale should have played half-court at that time, and that would catch SP off guard.  I do not want to second guess anything; Evadale apparently was not conditioned to handle the press for 4 quarters.  Also, I want to say that those players who post on this forum appear very mature.  Their posts tend to be positive and constructive, and I truly enjoy reading their posts.     

one of the times the press seamed to work was when our freshmen where in the game together

there gonna be tough next year their very fast and know each other well

I agree with you trophyman,the fresh yall have are some good ones,How is this young coach

going to mesh these guys with the returning guys.Thats going to be the play off question for next year.

Freethrows was missed on both sides :'(

#30 (jones)missed around 8 still finished with 18 points

#25(wasson) missed 2 and finshed with 22 points

#21(carlos)best freethrow shooter on our team might have missed 3 and finished with 13 points

Thats atleast 13 missed freethrows for the Sharks and thats only 3 players

Freethrows was missed on both sides :'(

#30 (jones)missed around 8 still finished with 18 points

#25(wasson) missed 2 and finshed with 22 points

#21(carlos)best freethrow shooter on our team might have missed 3 and finished with 13 points

Thats atleast 13 missed freethrows for the Sharks and thats only 3 players

CMON NITRO_25 (15-6)(6-2) LOL

I go with the Evadale coach on this one. Nobody knows his team better than the coach. He sees them day in and day out and knows their capabilities.

This game was at the free throw line all the way......................... >:(

Respectfully disagree.  If Evadale slows it down a little and plays a tight half court defense, I really think they come away with the W.  TOO MANY layups by the Sharks!!!  But we can go back and forth all we want, changes nothing.  Just an observation.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anagha.23
    Newest Member
    anagha.23