**SETXsports Girls Basketball Rankings Feb 8th**

Cat22

1. Kountze

2. Central

I haven't seen Kountze play this year. Have seen Central play. If this ranking is accurate, K will WALK to the 2A state championship

bobcat (or anyone else),

what I meant was that if there is a 2A team -- now you imply TWO 2A teams -- that are better than the #15 (TABC) ranked 4A team, then the 2A championship will be a cakewalk. And having seen a half dozen of the TABC-ranked 4A teams (and many 5A teams), Central is appropriately ranked by by the TABC, maybe even a tad low. If you are anywhere near correct, why aren't Kountze and Woodville ranked #1 and #2 by TABC........or any other semi-reliable rankings instead of #6 and #19???

Stealth, I believe Kountze and Central played VERY early in the season, I think if they were to play now, it would be a lot closer if not different.  Livingston beat Kountze, Central beat Livingston. I know its all about match ups,  but just something to think about.

Stealth, I believe Kountze and Central played VERY early in the season, I think if they were to play now, it would be a lot closer if not different.  Livingston beat Kountze, Central beat Livingston. I know its all about match ups,  but just something to think about.

Don't forget Kountze did beat Livinston the first game and then lost the 2nd time they played.

Guest bleed orange

These ranking mean nothing, how about that. You say Central should be ranked higher in the TABC. Only time will tell. Their post season record is not that good in recent history. Yes ,they do have a good coach and talent but the last few years they have bowed out early and had more talent than they have now.  I hope I am wrong. These are Southeast Texas rankings, nothing more. Cat22 has done a great job. Kountze will have a cake walk to the state championship because they are ranked above Central in a Southeast Texas poll. Now that is funny. I hope the girls from Kountze's don't pay much attention to this poll or any other poll for that matter. One game at a time. By the way I hope the Orangefield, HJ and Evadale girls pay no attention to this poll also or any other. Stay the course young ladies. Don't look at polls and do the talking on the court. I like the chances of Southeast Texas girls basketball this year.

Don't forget Kountze did beat Livinston the first game and then lost the 2nd time they played.

When did they play Livingston the time Kountze won?

Guest bleed orange

How is Memorial ranked over Nederland?

Sorry, but who cares? Neither will go far in the playoffs or even make it to the playoffs. 4 Teams make it, please!!

Guest bleed orange

Sorry bleed but Nederland did beat yall earlier this year  :o...

That was earlier, great win for Nederland. The Orangefield girls are playing well at the right time. The outcome would be different if we played right now in my opinion. Not even close.

Guest bleed orange

If Nederland played yall with the same intensity they played us with the other night,   then they would pull it off AGAIN. They have a great coach and players with lots of talent.

Keep dreaming. ;D ;D

Guest bleed orange

Yalls program has dropped. If you man the Wagner kid then you just orangefields only real chance of winning away. Fact remains Nederland beat Orangefield and its in the books. The Wagner kid didn't even perform that well in that game.

Yes I agree, It is in the books. Like I said before, good win for Nederland. Has our program dropped? Not yet, and it won't for sometime. We may dip a little but not drop. We will be pretty good for a while. As far as the Wagner kid goes, it is not what you do at the beginning of the season but what you do at the end. I think she has proved her worth.

Yalls program has dropped. If you man the Wagner kid then you just orangefields only real chance of winning away. Fact remains Nederland beat Orangefield and its in the books. The Wagner kid didn't even perform that well in that game.

I think you just summed it up.  I wasn't at the game (it's the only one I have missed all year), but from what I did hear we didn't play good.  We just got done with volleyball and everyone one of the girls played on the volleyball team.  

Nederland won the game you're right.  Olivia Wagner is one the best in the area this year, she is the leader of our team.  She hasn't had many off nights since.  

Our program has dropped?! 23-5?  ::)

Guest bleed orange

I think you just summed it up.  I wasn't at the game (it's the only one I have missed all year), but from what I did hear we didn't play good.  We just got done with volleyball and everyone one of the girls played on the volleyball team.  

Nederland won the game you're right.  Olivia Wagner is one the best in the area this year, she is the leader of our team.  She hasn't had many off nights since.  

Our program has dropped?! 23-5?  ::)

I thought we were 25-5? ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124