Spurger 61 Sabine Pass 60 Final

Congrats to the pirates.This was a fun game to watch between two very evenly matched clubs.That being said Spurger was playing very short handed tonight.Whittacre couldn't go and McGallion gutted out a tough performance but wasn't 100%.Blankenship stepped up and is becoming the kind of player I thought he would be even though he was in early foul trouble.Spurgers bench also stepped up huge with 00 having a very big game.This was my first time this year to see SP and they played hard and had a chance to win it at the end just couldn't hit the FT at the end.Hindsight is 20/20 but they probably wish now they had pulled everyone off the line with 2 seconds left and the game tied.The worse thing that could have happened would be OT and Blankenship had fouled out.Overall very good atmosphere for the game.The officials were out of the Beaumont Chapter and I thought they did a good job.

I heard this was a good game. Last time they played it was 65-59 Sabine Pass won in OT. Congrats to Spurger, keep up the good work. Sabine Pass I hear good things about you keep playing hard. Good luck to both teams. Like I said before its gonna be a tight race for the play off spots in this district.

I thought that call was correct.I was just surprised to see the kids from SP on the line in that situation.A made FT and the game would have been basically over.A miss and it would have went in to OT. Easy to second quess but will make for some interesting conversation.I was also surprised to see Spurgers kids on the line leading by 1 with .86 seconds after seeing what happened on the other end.

I too thought it was great game.

Both teams played their hearts out, a real gut checker for sure.

I thought that the ref's were the best I have seen in the last couple of years. No one should complain about them at all. As far as tha over the back call with 0.8 seconds left, I was shelded by the players as it was on the far side of the court.

Strange that both teams put players on the lane at the end. Not sure that was right thing to do or not.

DRILLKJH - great to see your post. Did you take some towels for the dust?

Guest Genesis

That was my first time being in Spurger.  Fantantic fans!! Met some good folks.  Beautiful gym.  GREAT HOST!!  Congrats Spurger!!  7 players from this district will end up playing COLLEGE HOOPS, at what level remains to be seen.  As for now, I am done with district 25-A.  Will be looking out for some 2 & 3a beginning this Friday, followed by 4 & 5a in the next few weeks.  I was disappointed that #12 of Spurger could not play.  Keep playing hard and you never know where you end up.  Good things do happen to good people in life, too.

Being in the S.E. Texas for the last two weeks has great been!!!  Three more weeks to go.  

See you next year; may be the playoffs, too!                

That was my first time being in Spurger.  Fantantic fans!! Met some good folks.  Beautiful gym.  GREAT HOST!!  Congrats Spurger!!  7 players from this district will end up playing COLLEGE HOOPS, at what level remains to be seen.  As for now, I am done with district 25-A.  Will be looking out for some 2 & 3a beginning this Friday, followed by 4 & 5a in the next few weeks.  I was disappointed that #12 of Spurger could not play.  Keep playing hard and you never know where you end up.  Good things do happen to good people in life, too.

Being in the S.E. Texas for the last two weeks has great been!!!  Three more weeks to go.  

See you next year; may be the playoffs, too!                

Who's the "7" for COLLEGE HOOPS?  By the way, #12 GEORGE WHITTAKER, got the O.K. to play today, MRI--showed sprains, great news for this young man.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>His angel watching over him & all the prayers from everyone :)

that's good to hear but a sprain can take a long time to get 100% healthy and they will need him for the playoffs is he going to play or take a week or two to get completely healthy?

It would be a devestating move to play # 12 and rehurt his leg. They need him for the playoffs and he has 2 more great years ahead of him. With spurger in first I dont know what they will do but hope everythig works out for #12.

In my opinion rest is best  for now the kid has to think about his future (the next 2 years will be his best), and spurger will still be fine. They will only be stronger if he comes back 100%.

that's good to hear but a sprain can take a long time to get 100% healthy and they will need him for the playoffs is he going to play or take a week or two to get completely healthy?

[/quote)

Don't know if he will play or not. I was told that he will be taking it easy, ( one day @ a time ), good chance he will suit out & sit, till he fills ready!!! So far things are looking up for #12. He, his teammates, coach, fans, & etc. are just happy that the results were what they was, could have been so much worse.  The Pirates have stepped it up the last few games with their missing teammates sitting along side them, they have lots of heart & a great coach leading them.  Keep it up Spurger Pirates.  And fan support, WOW!, Spurger had home side packed to the limit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to the pirates.This was a fun game to watch between two very evenly matched clubs.That being said Spurger was playing very short handed tonight.Whittacre couldn't go and McGallion gutted out a tough performance but wasn't 100%.Blankenship stepped up and is becoming the kind of player I thought he would be even though he was in early foul trouble.Spurgers bench also stepped up huge with 00 having a very big game.This was my first time this year to see SP and they played hard and had a chance to win it at the end just couldn't hit the FT at the end.Hindsight is 20/20 but they probably wish now they had pulled everyone off the line with 2 seconds left and the game tied.The worse thing that could have happened would be OT and Blankenship had fouled out.Overall very good atmosphere for the game.The officials were out of the Beaumont Chapter and I thought they did a good job.

Hey whs, why were u sitting on SP side in gray? U could have wore some maroon & squeezed in over on the Spurger side

Hey whs, why were u sitting on SP side in gray? U could have wore some maroon & squeezed in over on the Spurger side

We are always happyto see fans come out and your more than welcome to come grab a seat and get to yell'n on the home side we dont bite. Look forward to seeing you at some more games. Just look out 4 the little ones the will run all over you and mabey bust a ear drum or 2.

We are always happyto see fans come out and your more than welcome to come grab a seat and get to yell'n on the home side we dont bite. Look forward to seeing you at some more games. Just look out 4 the little ones the will run all over you and mabey bust a ear drum or 2.

I ran in to an old friend in the lobby before the game.A guy I worked with for over 20 years(my oldest son is named after him)He had a grandson that played for SP.I stayed and visited with him during the game.It felt like I was at a home game looking across the gym,I knew lots of folks on the Spurger side.I 've probably spent as much time in the Spurger gym over the last 6 or 7 years as a lot of the folks who live there.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124