Most underrated players that could make impact this year in 4A

Guest shooter1709

start your list here

Well from BH, Henscey, Burditt, Ponder, Rocha, Carmona.  They have been there a while and don't get enough credit.  They are some of the better hitter around, and two of those pitch.  I look for them to all hit at least 5 home runs each. Ponder could very easily hit 10, Burditt 8, Henscey 6-9.  They are going to be very good.

Guest shooter1709

start your list here

Well from BH, Henscey, Burditt, Ponder, Rocha, Carmona.  They have been there a while and don't get enough credit.  They are some of the better hitter around, and two of those pitch.  I look for them to all hit at least 5 home runs each. Ponder could very easily hit 10, Burditt 8, Henscey 6-9.  They are going to be very good.

what about Clifton, Baker and Carmona

Guest shooter1709

Well Clifton and Carmona will be back after pretty soild seasons last year.  Baker will have to show that he can play on any given day.  He has to show that he really wants to be the starter, and that he will do whatever it takes.

ha i cant think of why anyone wouldnt want to be a starter??  ::) but i understand where youre comin from warthog

Well Clifton and Carmona will be back after pretty soild seasons last year.  Baker will have to show that he can play on any given day.  He has to show that he really wants to be the starter, and that he will do whatever it takes.

ha i cant think of why anyone wouldnt want to be a starter??  ::) but i understand where youre comin from warthog

Well I will be out there hopefully today if I get off work in time and, I will pay attention to 3rd. Who do you think I should pay the most attention to?

Guest shooter1709

you should probably take a look at Thompson and maybe Bellard both show promise although personally i see Bellard as more of a SS... Thompson has great poise and confidence for a freshman and seems fundamentally sound and fluid... Bellard may be a ? due to the fact that he did miss a year to injury but I don't think it will take long for him to return to form 

you should probably take a look at Thompson and maybe Bellard both show promise although personally i see Bellard as more of a SS... Thompson has great poise and confidence for a freshman and seems fundamentally sound and fluid... Bellard may be a ? due to the fact that he did miss a year to injury but I don't think it will take long for him to return to form 

So far all I've heard is how these guys are doing in the field on this post, but nobody seems to want to talk about their hitting. Your talking about both of these guys going from hitting 14-15 yr. old pitching to hitting varsity level pitching. I think it will take more than a just a few weeks of practice. I can see that adjustment taking a season or even more. I think putting Ponder at 3rd and Lyday behind the plate makes the lineup much stronger both offensively and defensively. Just my opinion.

Guest shooter1709

So far all I've heard is how these guys are doing in the field on this post, but nobody seems to want to talk about their hitting. Your talking about both of these guys going from hitting 14-15 yr. old pitching to hitting varsity level pitching. I think it will take more than a just a few weeks of practice. I can see that adjustment taking a season or even more. I think putting Ponder at 3rd and Lyday behind the plate makes the lineup much stronger both offensively and defensively. Just my opinion.

i do not agree on the stronger defensively, maybe offensively but not defensive (at 3rd)... Ponder is a straight offensive player to me

Guest eagle0911

Moving Ponder to 3rd is preposterous for many reasons which I will not enumerate here in this post. Suffice it to say if he's not catching he should DH.

Moving Ponder to 3rd is preposterous for many reasons which I will not enumerate here in this post. Suffice it to say if he's not catching he should DH.

Well if I am not mistaken Ponder was all district as a sophmore at 3rd so I think that he can play anywhere but that is just me.  I know that he knows what to do better than anyone out there he has been there since he was a freshman.

Guest eagle0911

well Junior-10 let me be the first to enlighten you. Freshman year ? Varsity? School politics ,ring a bell???? Don't get me wrong,

Jake is a better than average player. The only difference between Jake and any other player of this years SR. class

is that he was given the opportunity to show his abilities.  Given the opportunity most of these kids would have excelled

under the same circumstances. By the way, You must not be aware of how all-district and all-state teams are selected.

Little League politics, ring a bell

Well if I am not mistaken Ponder was all district as a sophmore at 3rd so I think that he can play anywhere but that is just me.  I know that he knows what to do better than anyone out there he has been there since he was a freshman.

I was at every game the last two years...Ponder is more than adequate at 3rd. He's just another option. You've got Baker, Ponder, Lyday, and another kid someone mentioned earlier that was not on the varisty in '07 and/or '08 that all could see some time at 3rd.

Lets GET READY TO RRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMBBBLE

I was at every game the last two years...Ponder is more than adequate at 3rd. He's just another option. You've got Baker, Ponder, Lyday, and another kid someone mentioned earlier that was not on the varisty in '07 and/or '08 that all could see some time at 3rd.

well Junior-10 let me be the first to enlighten you. Freshman year ? Varsity? School politics ,ring a bell???? Don't get me wrong,

Jake is a better than average player. The only difference between Jake and any other player of this years SR. class

is that he was given the opportunity to show his abilities.  Given the opportunity most of these kids would have excelled

under the same circumstances. By the way, You must not be aware of how all-district and all-state teams are selected.

Why the hostility toward Ponder? I have seen him play many times and he has always excelled--he is a VERY GOOD player---so what gives?

Why the hostility toward Ponder? I have seen him play many times and he has always excelled--he is a VERY GOOD player---so what gives?

I was wondering the same thing. And I'm also curious....how exactly are all-district and all-state teams picked ? Based on eagle0911's post, I don't think they are picked the way he/she thinks they are. Please enlighten.

start your list here

Here are some hr predictions WartHog

Burditt 5-7

Carmona4-6

Clifton 4-6

Henscey 5-7

Ponder 6-8

Rocha 5-7

4 of the 6 shown will also have a BA# 400+

and we know who they are jb ,cc, ch, jp they were there last year. Get ready for a lot of fireworks

Let's get this back to what it was, a list of underrated players in 4A set to make an impact please.

Smesny, P, SR, Dayton....underated...lost JR season to injury. 8-0 as a soph.

Dayton newcomer to 19-4A from GT.

District MVP  ??? ???

In 19-4A, Dayton will win most, if not all, games that this kid is on the bump.

2 cents.

Don't forget about mikey walters for dayton. Kids got a strong arm great hitter. He's definitely got some speed and can make many plays from deep in the hole at short and he's also an above average pitcher.

Also sr. Colter Grote was 2nd team all district pitcher last year and he was out almost all of district. He is very accurate and has a nasty curveball. And to top it off he's an excellent hitter with great fundementals and he can drive the ball.

I also expect to see a few shadows step up and do what needs to be done

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami