Sabine Pass vs Spurger - Cold Hard Facts

Gambit

Sabine Pass- Great guards with 30, 25 and 21. Each has their own niche. 25 penetrates. 21 bombs from the 3 and 30 does everything. Their post does ok for his size, I think about 6'2 and gets alot a blocks on penetrating guards but cannot handle larger postmen. Their lack of size eventually will be their achilles heel. They have other posts, one short big one who is physical but cant jump and another one about 6'2 who plays hard. Their starting PG does ok when everyone else is good but is a turnover waiting to happen I would take advantage of that if I were to play them. However they have a PG, #23 that comes off the bench who scores well and plays with alot of defensive intensity, he just needs to learn to keep his mouth shut and play ball. If he would do that, I would start him. Lastly, you wonder what the coach is doing for them to always come out so slow at the gate. Its like he doesnt have them ready so they make themselves warm up as the game goes on. Its like they win solely on talent, which has gotta change. He better step his game up before he ends up looking like a Sabine Pass version of Wade Phillips.

Spurger They have the pieces to win this division, guards that can shoot very well and a dominating post presence. Not too many weaknesses you can point out. They also have a big 3. Depth after the stars and youth, and injury may be the one reason they lose if indeed they do lose to Sabine. I also believe that it comes down to coaching. If their coach has them fired up and ready, they will keep the game close even if their players are still injured, if they can play they may pull this one out at home. They need to take advantage of how slow Sabine takes to heat up because if they dont, they will lose.

Ultimately I think Sabine will take this one in a brutal, physical and controversial game

60-56

LOL GAMBIT IS HILARIOUS

WHY DO I HAVE A FEELING THAT GAMBIT HAS 3 OTHER ACCOUNTS ON HERE

AND ANSWERS HIS OWN QUESTIONS

ALL THIS NEGATIVITY THEN HE TAKES SABINE PASS TO WIN?????????

WE KNOW HES FROM SABINE

AND I KNOW WHO HE IS I MEAN JUST LOOK AT THE POST

I GOT ONE THING TO SAY

GET OVER YOURSELF

P.S. WHEN I SAY I KNOW WHO YOU ARE I KNOW YOU COME OFF THE BENCH

LOL GAMBIT IS HILARIOUS

WHY DO I HAVE A FEELING THAT GAMBIT HAS 3 OTHER ACCOUNTS ON HERE

AND ANSWERS HIS OWN QUESTIONS

ALL THIS NEGATIVITY THEN HE TAKES SABINE PASS TO WIN?????????

WE KNOW HES FROM SABINE

AND I KNOW WHO HE IS I MEAN JUST LOOK AT THE POST

I GOT ONE THING TO SAY

GET OVER YOURSELF

P.S. WHEN I SAY I KNOW WHO YOU ARE I KNOW YOU COME OFF THE BENCH

lol

Guest Genesis

It seems to me that players from SP post a lot of trash on this forum.  Great players keep everything quiet and show their talents on the floor; average players like to talk trash about other players.  Concentrate on the game tomorrow.  Where is your coach?  If I were the coach, I would be monitoring my players.   

23's not a PG ???

HE ISNT A PG WHEN #23 COMES IN THE GAME HE PLAYS THE TWO SPOT AND FELIX#30 AND NIGEL #25 RUNS THE POINT

SO GAMBIT GET YOUR INFO RIGHT BEFORE YOU POST

Sabine Pass- Great guards with 30, 25 and 21. Each has their own niche. 25 penetrates. 21 bombs from the 3 and 30 does everything. Their post does ok for his size, I think about 6'2 and gets alot a blocks on penetrating guards but cannot handle larger postmen. Their lack of size eventually will be their achilles heel. They have other posts, one short big one who is physical but cant jump and another one about 6'2 who plays hard. Their starting PG does ok when everyone else is good but is a turnover waiting to happen I would take advantage of that if I were to play them. However they have a PG, #23 that comes off the bench who scores well and plays with alot of defensive intensity, he just needs to learn to keep his mouth shut and play ball. If he would do that, I would start him. Lastly, you wonder what the coach is doing for them to always come out so slow at the gate. Its like he doesnt have them ready so they make themselves warm up as the game goes on. Its like they win solely on talent, which has gotta change. He better step his game up before he ends up looking like a Sabine Pass version of Wade Phillips.

Spurger They have the pieces to win this division, guards that can shoot very well and a dominating post presence. Not too many weaknesses you can point out. They also have a big 3. Depth after the stars and youth, and injury may be the one reason they lose if indeed they do lose to Sabine. I also believe that it comes down to coaching. If their coach has them fired up and ready, they will keep the game close even if their players are still injured, if they can play they may pull this one out at home. They need to take advantage of how slow Sabine takes to heat up because if they dont, they will lose.

Ultimately I think Sabine will take this one in a brutal, physical and controversial game

60-56

IF YOUR TRYING TO GET ON THE COACH FOR NOT HAVING US FIRED UP

YOU NEED TO GO SOMEWHERE

CUZ WE'RE TIED FOR FIRST

Gambit-Don't know who you are don't care who you are

Stand or fall we do it as Sabine Pass Basketball Team.

There is an old saying a team is only as good as there worst player

My Teammate-You are to busy worrying and pointing fingers at who wrote this post that your forgetting we have 5 other teams in our District waiting to tear us apart when they get the chance. Pick each other up not push each other down, Because im Darn sure no team will help us beat them

In the end we only have each other

Good sign or bad we are still 4-1 ;D

??? ??? ??? ??? I deeply apologize if my analysis offended anyone. I was just calling it how I and many others see it. You shouldn't point the finger at your teammates simply because of a stupid internet post, correct? Listen kid, a forum is a medium for opinionated discussion of a select topic or topics. I  gave my individual opinion, I owe you no apology however have extended one. For my comments on the coach, I was just referencing last years team which had the most basketball talent Sabine has ever fielded and....

I commend him for the job he has done this year because the team chemistry is up and they are more disciplined with a few exceptions. I do not approve of how sluggish the team starts, is that wrong??? Is there some offense to be charged upon my account? If there is I am more than willing to pay my fine.

Sabine Pass is in the middle of a run that may be historically bright in a mostly tragic, bleak, sports history. I am not a student, or player. My vernacular and grammar is a tribute to that fact. My conclusions were based on careful observation of the teams progress this season. You should not  fret about what people say, what you should do is focus on the task at hand. Gambit is a simple card player in the game who calls it how he sees it.  You have Spurger tomorrow, focus on winning and not some internet nerd like Gambit because when you bring yourself up to my level, you cannot win.

Thank You, God Bless ;) ;) ;)

Does it really matter what anyone thinks about us???? We are winning ball games and are now tied for first in district. Anyone can talk noise but in the end we are winning and have BEEN winning so why not stick with what works.                                                                                                                                 

SP players keep your head on straight and lets go grab us a well deserved win tommorow!

My Teammate-You are to busy worrying and pointing fingers at who wrote this post that your forgetting we have 5 other teams in our District waiting to tear us apart when they get the chance. Pick each other up not push each other down, Because im Darn sure no team will help us beat them

Does it really matter what anyone thinks about us???? We are winning ball games and are now tied for first in district. Anyone can talk noise but in the end we are winning and have BEEN winning so why not stick with what works.                                                                                                                                 

SP players keep your head on straight and lets go grab us a well deserved win tommorow!

LETS GO SHARKS

LETS TAKE FIRST PLACE WITHOUT TIES TOMORROW

WE NEED TO PLAY HARD

LETS GO SHARKS

LETS TAKE FIRST PLACE WITHOUT TIES TOMORROW

WE NEED TO PLAY HARD

YEA LETS GO!!!! WHO DAY SAY GONE BEAT DEM SHARKS!!! AND FRANKZ STILL GO HARD

Guest Genesis

Well done Gambit!!! Enough said.  I plan to be at that game tomorrow to see these kids from Sabine Pass for the second time.  I think it is going to be a great game, may be the "GAME OF THE YEAR."  I was so impressed with them last week.  Down by 16 and they took the "W" from HD.  Their will and desire to win was unquestionable.  Remember, Spurger is not an easy place for visitors.  Good luck tomorrow, boys!

??? ??? ??? ??? I deeply apologize if my analysis offended anyone. I was just calling it how I and many others see it. You shouldn't point the finger at your teammates simply because of a stupid internet post, correct? Listen kid, a forum is a medium for opinionated discussion of a select topic or topics. I  gave my individual opinion, I owe you no apology however have extended one. For my comments on the coach, I was just referencing last years team which had the most basketball talent Sabine has ever fielded and....

I commend him for the job he has done this year because the team chemistry is up and they are more disciplined with a few exceptions. I do not approve of how sluggish the team starts, is that wrong??? Is there some offense to be charged upon my account? If there is I am more than willing to pay my fine.

Sabine Pass is in the middle of a run that may be historically bright in a mostly tragic, bleak, sports history. I am not a student, or player. My vernacular and grammar is a tribute to that fact. My conclusions were based on careful observation of the teams progress this season. You should not  fret about what people say, what you should do is focus on the task at hand. Gambit is a simple card player in the game who calls it how he sees it.  You have Spurger tomorrow, focus on winning and not some internet nerd like Gambit because when you bring yourself up to my level, you cannot win.

Thank You, God Bless ;) ;) ;)

Mr Gambit with all due respect, two teams in our district went to the regional Finals last year, and one went to the state finals. Both Spurger and Big Sandy have great PROGRAMS . SP Went 4th last year in district with 3 sophomores, and two seniors starting last year.There were also two other sophomores and a freshman that came off the bench. One senior missed half of the season because he had six pins in his hand from a football injury. Our team was very green last year. It was a good learning experience for the young team to play against  Spurger and Big Sandy last year.

Sharks Focus on the game, play hard from the get go, we can do this TOGETHER

Guest THE SCOUTER

I guess you boys finally decided to come together. Too bad i will not make this game because i don't plan on watching a team with two starters out. But tomorrow i will be heading off to West Hardin to see 76 free throws being shot lol. Also to see if the refs are what people make them seem.

I guess you boys finally decided to come together. Too bad i will not make this game because i don't plan on watching a team with two starters out. But tomorrow i will be heading off to West Hardin to see 76 free throws being shot lol. Also to see if the refs are what people make them seem.

im sure they will be the same refs that ref all these 1a games i have seen three different 1A games this year with different teams and in all three games they had the same refs

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami