Lamar vs. UTSA Updates/LU Falls Again!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice try Terror... you got told though.

Coachacola brought up good points -- of course, he said the SLC is "weak" and of course, Lamar hasn't even created a ripple in the current -- so where does that put that once proud program?

Texas Terror,man where have you been? I've been trying to tell these LU fans it's a weak conference. But thats why I predicted LU would do good this year.

Guest coachacola

Same here, welcome back abovetheri!! 

Dove, I don't think anyone here has ever thought the SLC was a strong basketball conference. 

And Terror, we all know LU hasn't done much lately but we're hoping Roc can change that.  And for the record, I have a lot of respect for Bob Marlin and what he's done at SHSU.  He's probably the perfect coach for SHSU, he wins consistently and always fields a competitive team. And because he's never dominated the SLC and won big in the NCAAs he hasn't moved on to a bigger and better coaching job.

And because he's never dominated the SLC and won big in the NCAAs he hasn't moved on to a bigger and better coaching job.

He's dominated the rest of the SLC as it relates to his team's performance in the classroom...  ;D

What an amazing feat!

Now that puts butts in seats.   ;D    What is SHSU attendance at their games now?

No - but it keeps you in position to win - as compared to having players ineligible and not doing anything for your APR.

And most importantly for campus politics, it keeps the academic side of the university happy with athletics. We all know how those academic folks are hit or miss with athletics. We've had the top GPA in the league and more Commissioners Honor Roll selections (over the course of the year) than any school in the conference. That is a proud talking point for our President, can tell you that much.

So, what yall are saying is that you as fans are content with 3,000 every home game despite the losing SLC record.

The same 3,000 fans that have been coming to the games the last 20 years too. Do they help you win the SLC Tournament?

Depth on this team isn't good, but in reality which SLC team has great depth. If you have a great bench player he is likely starting somewhere else.

LU is decent when their offense is clicking on all cylinders but their defense is awful. And some of these 4-year scholarship players shouldn't have been given a scholarship and i think yall know who I am talking about.

So, what yall are saying is that you as fans are content with 3,000 every home game despite the losing SLC record.

The same 3,000 fans that have been coming to the games the last 20 years too. Do they help you win the SLC Tournament?

Depth on this team isn't good, but in reality which SLC team has great depth. If you have a great bench player he is likely starting somewhere else.

LU is decent when their offense is clicking on all cylinders but their defense is awful. And some of these 4-year scholarship players shouldn't have been given a scholarship and i think yall know who I am talking about.

Oh so now we began to see the fickleness began to seep out. When I tried to tell he LU fans youhad no athletes, you didn't want to believe me.

Oh so now we began to see the fickleness began to seep out. When I tried to tell he LU fans youhad no athletes, you didn't want to believe me.

You might have needed to go about it in a more tactful way.  :D

You might have needed to go about it in a more tactful way.  :D

I see your point! I'll try and work on it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed