Want a HS Coaches' job??? Think twice...

But yet, everyone is so quick to attack these coaches!! Why is it that  people have all the answers during the season?  They're not in the fieldhouse breaking down film, dealing with the kids, the administration, the community etc.. but boy from the sidelines they sure can fix it all!!

But yet, everyone is so quick to attack these coaches!! Why is it that  people have all the answers during the season?  They're not in the fieldhouse breaking down film, dealing with the kids, the administration, the community etc.. but boy from the sidelines they sure can fix it all!!

91bears, you are sooo right!!!!  Ticks me off when in the stands I hear some "in the stands" pretend coach yelling as if he/she could do any better.

A lot of pressure these days being a Head Coach.  My hat goes off to these guys and the scrutiny they have to endure.

A good portion of that scrutiny that you say they have to endure, is dished out right here on this message board.  I am in no way saying that the message board is the problem.  We all know the problem.  People who feel they have been wronged by such things as playing time is the problem.  That, and people who think the coach should be able to win the thoroughbred race riding a donkey.

A lot of pressure these days being a Head Coach.  My hat goes off to these guys and the scrutiny they have to endure.

A good portion of that scrutiny that you say they have to endure, is dished out right here on this message board.  I am in no way saying that the message board is the problem.  We all know the problem.  People who feel they have been wronged by such things as playing time is the problem.  That, and people who think the coach should be able to win the thoroughbred race riding a donkey.

Now, that is putting things into perspective!  I guess we all tend to ride our "donkey's" at times while expecting to be winners......! ;)

Double edged sword to a certain point though isn't it.  Yes, coaches have to endure overzealous parents (hope I don't end up being one), un-informed fans (donkey blast was great), and whiny kids along with the scrutiny on these boards.  HOWEVER, would the job be as high profile, high paying, and rewarding if the fans weren't there to watch the game?  Take the good with the bad type scenario if you ask me. 

Now, that is putting things into perspective!  I guess we all tend to ride our "donkey's" at times while expecting to be winners......! ;)

Ain't that the truth...I have ridden a donkey or two in my life... :-\

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124