**SETXsports Girls Basketball Rankings Jan 18th**

Cat22

I think Central should have been number 1 two weeks ago....and still number one.  Not taking away fro the other teams, but they have done everything it takes to deserve a number one IMO. 

Kountze hasn't lost a game since the Livingston Tournament, and they beat Central already this year.

I think Central should have been number 1 two weeks ago....and still number one.  Not taking away fro the other teams, but they have done everything it takes to deserve a number one IMO. 

Kountze hasn't lost a game since the Livingston Tournament, and they beat Central already this year.

I know they lost to Kountze (who lost to Livingston, who LCM beat!)...I'm basing that on overall strength of schedule and quality wins...over Atascocita, Chavez (who has turned out to be quite a good 5A squad), CE King, etc.  and they usually beat the teams they are supposed to by a wide margin.  The Ozen game was close, but its a rivalry game.  This ranking is tough to work out, but I'd to put them at 1 or 2 easily.  IMO, H-J has not done anything yet to prove they should be #1, especially losing to K-Park, Hempstead, and winning a close one against WB (who is very weak, even BH beat them by over 20 TWICE).  Having said all that, I still appreciate the work that goes into doing the ranking...its a great way to this board going!

"HJ hasn't done anything?"...how about going to one of the biggest tournaments in Texas -Pasadena- being the only 3A team there and going 2 and 2 against some of the top 5A teams in the state...Not to mention the baytown tournament as well, chopped full of 4A and 5A teams...we went into the YMBL tounament a few days after losing our post, Hall, and were in huge adjustment, so no we may not have been at the top of our game but we still showed up and played and that says something...HJ doesn't need to make excuses and have always deserved our spot and we like to prove that on the floor instead of with our mouths...as far as the other games, I was definately there and know better than anyone what happened, not many other people can say that...I wasn't just there watching, I WAS ON THE FLOOR PLAYING...I guess I should add "in my opinion"

This is not JDAD this is his daughter who is also a starting guard for the Lady Hawks

just to make that clear

P.S. thank you to everyone for your support it really means alot to us

See you tomorrow Orangefield, it should be a fun one

JDad's Daughter...thanks for reading and posting and sounds like you are dedicated to being the best and helping your team be the best!  Please don't misunderstand my post.  H-J is great and I've always been a fan of ya'lls program, but I only was pointing out I think it takes consistency and quality wins (and few or no losses against weak teams) to deserve a number one ranking.  I only think Central is rated a little low and H-J a little high.  I've got a daughter playing PG for BH so I understand your passion....good luck and keep winning...make me a believer in the that number 1 spot!

Kountze was also beaten by LCM. I don't see anyone other than maybe HJ being better than Central.

The top 4 teams have a right  to the top spot at least for one more day were it will be down to 3 (HJ-Orangefield ) but  HJ hasn't lost since the YMBL and everyone else has and that is why their #1. Their strength of schedule was only 4A-5A teams untill YMBL and didstrict. They have earned their spot untill someone knocks them out of it.Don't expect it to happen anytime sone.

WOW. THIS IS GREAT. PEOPLE OR ON HERE ARGUING THEIR CASE, IN THE GIRLS BASKETBALL FORUM. THAT'S NICE AND IS WHAT I LIKE TO SEE. GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE TEAMS, WITH THE REST OF DISTRICT. HOPE EVERYONE STAYS HEALTHY, AND MAKE A GREAT PUSH THROUGH THE PLAYOFFS.

You said LCM should be higher because they beat Livingston, ok well LCM lost to Central who just lost to Livingston...

[glow=red,2,300]LCM beating Livingston was a fluke.[/glow]

A FLUKE ???? Beating a team by double digits my friend is NOT a fluke ! I don't know what planet you come from but that is a whipping, like we have recieved ourselves quite often !  But I will agree HJ should be #1 no doubt.

The case for BH:

BH defeated Kingwood Park by 6, H-J lost to KP by 3.

BH defeated West Brook by 14 and by 21.  H-J defeated WB by 3.

BH defeated Nederland by 18.  H-J defeated Nederland by 12.

I'm just sayin'  ;D ;D ;D

Calm down, Hawks...I'm just having some fun!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami