i'm hearing rumors that....

UNLV

That UNO will start a football program...

Won't happen in our lifetime, barring a major - AND I MEAN MAJOR - gift from a T. Boone Pickens type, and I'm not sure anyone like that exists with ties to UNO.

Their athletics department barely survives as it is, much less trying to tackle football...no pun intended.

Given the budget cuts to Louisiana colleges right now, I won't be all that supprised if UNO drops all sports all together.

They do not have the budget or the support to support football.

If they drop all and Denver leaves, then that leaves 2 spots open in the Sunbelt for Texas st and SHSU...

Guest coachacola

Given the budget cuts to Louisiana colleges right now, I won't be all that supprised if UNO drops all sports all together.

If they drop all and Denver leaves, then that leaves 2 spots open in the Sunbelt for Texas st and SHSU...

They have 13 teams now so that would drop them to 11 with 10 playing football (don't forget UALR).  I think they would probably stay at 10 for football.  It's possible Texas State would go but not SHSU.

UNO is not dropping athletics. I'm pretty certain from all the banter I hear down in the Pelican State, which I do hear quite a bit.

They listed potential budget cuts from the Crescent City school and the Chancellor couldn't list them without listing athletics. That's a potential nightmare. The document said nothing about ELIMINATING athletics, it just said cutting, such as cutting funds. Love the media.

They have 13 teams now so that would drop them to 11 with 10 playing football (don't forget UALR).  I think they would probably stay at 10 for football.  It's possible Texas State would go but not SHSU.

The Florida schools and UNT would most likely leave too.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83