BC vs. HF

hjhawks

Guest bleed orange

According to the boxscores, it sound like the Wright girl did not play very much. Inquiring minds would like to know, what in the heck is going on?  :o

Guest bleed orange

According to the boxscores, it sound like the Wright girl did not play very much. Inquiring minds would like to know, what in the heck is going on?  :o

Where are the box scores?!

Beaumont Enterprise.

Wright or Johnson did not play much.Howerton sat alot to.playing for future.I dont get it either.must be job security.Coach is in love with freshman group,I would be to if im only staying for a few years.but what about other kids that put in there time.I fill sorry for the seniors.Good luck to the orangefied,hardin jefferson girls

Guest bleed orange

What type of point spread was expected?

Why worry about a point spread in a HS basketball game? Just play the game.

I think anglefire was being sarcastic.

What type of point spread was expected?

Why worry about a point spread in a HS basketball game? Just play the game.

I think anglefire was being sarcastic.

I am all about "just" playing the game.  I never like to judge any team or bet on points.  It is all good in the neighborhood.

Alright...enough is enough. Unless you are the coach, you don't know why certain girls are playing or not playing. If a girl isn't working hard at practice (no matter how good she is) she needs to sit. If a girl is being disrespectful at practice she needs to sit. If she is skipping practice or games for volleyball she needs to sit. Now I understand that maybe some of these girls are pursuing college volleyball and they should if they are good enough but the coach can't play them in front of other girls if they aren't busting their butts at practice everyday and the other ones are. I've been to three H-F games this year. I believe there are three or four freshman on varsity but only one starts and only two get significant playing time. Please tell me how that means the coach is in love with the freshman? Now why some girls play more than others I'm sure it has to do with work ethic and exicution. That would be my mind set if I was the coach. I think parents need to quit always thinking thier child is the best and realize it's a team sport and you put the best chemistry on the court. Little dribblers is over...not everyone has to play!!!

I see what you are saying bleed orange but if girls want to play club volleyball there is nothing you can do...in my opinion. If they are making the practices then they deserve to play however, if they put volleyball practices and games first during basketball season they deserve to sit. And from what I read on other post that is what the HF coach did so I don't understand where the problem is with people complaining.

Guest bleed orange

I see what you are saying bleed orange but if girls want to play club volleyball there is nothing you can do...in my opinion. If they are making the practices then they deserve to play however, if they put volleyball practices and games first during basketball season they deserve to sit. And from what I read on other post that is what the HF coach did so I don't understand where the problem is with people complaining.

HF has quality athletes and in my opinion there is no reason why they should not be in the playoff picture every year. When my daughter was in little dribblers and Jr. High, HF was tough. We could never beat you guys. Matter of fact (my daughters age group) we only won one time and that was 11 & 12 allstars. Mike Johnson remembers. Sorry, Mike. ;D But in high school where it counts ( basketball) we have had the upper hand. I just think it is hard to concentrate on one when playing two.  I do understand about a kid who has a chance to go to the next level at one particular sports. It is hard for a player to go to next level at a 3A school unless you are exceptional athlete. Those don't come around very often. I would say that softball leads in this area as for as girls getting scholarships at a 3A school. Have not heard anything on Miss Craigen. Is she still going to college and playing volleyball?

Alright...enough is enough. Unless you are the coach, you don't know why certain girls are playing or not playing. If a girl isn't working hard at practice (no matter how good she is) she needs to sit. If a girl is being disrespectful at practice she needs to sit. If she is skipping practice or games for volleyball she needs to sit. Now I understand that maybe some of these girls are pursuing college volleyball and they should if they are good enough but the coach can't play them in front of other girls if they aren't busting their butts at practice everyday and the other ones are. I've been to three H-F games this year. I believe there are three or four freshman on varsity but only one starts and only two get significant playing time. Please tell me how that means the coach is in love with the freshman? Now why some girls play more than others I'm sure it has to do with work ethic and exicution. That would be my mind set if I was the coach. I think parents need to quit always thinking thier child is the best and realize it's a team sport and you put the best chemistry on the court. Little dribblers is over...not everyone has to play!!!

Well said Rizon.  Roll on.

HF has quality athletes and in my opinion there is no reason why they should not be in the playoff picture every year. When my daughter was in little dribblers and Jr. High, HF was tough. We could never beat you guys. Matter of fact (my daughters age group) we only won one time and that was 11 & 12 allstars. Mike Johnson remembers. Sorry, Mike. ;D But in high school where it counts ( basketball) we have had the upper hand. I just think it is hard to concentrate on one when playing two.  I do understand about a kid who has a chance to go to the next level at one particular sports. It is hard for a player to go to next level at a 3A school unless you are exceptional athlete. Those don't come around very often. I would say that softball leads in this area as for as girls getting scholarships at a 3A school. Have not heard anything on Miss Craigen. Is she still going to college and playing volleyball?

Last I heard Miss Craigen was still in College and breaking some records!!

Guest bleed orange

Last I heard Miss Craigen was still in College and breaking some records!!

That is awesome news. I wish her the best. Go get that college education.

Guest bleed orange

What college does she go to and what sport does she play?

Volleyball, not sure on the college. Hey, you will keep me updated on the game want you?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder