WHat happened to Silsbee Girl's Program??

Guest ST4life

Guest ST4life

I was so disappointed to watch the presentation given by Silsbee's Girl's Varsity during the jv 1/2 time.. they were out on the court shooting hoops in their street clothes including their stelleto heels, bubble gum, cell phones, ipods in their ears, some were bare foot and back-packs on their backs! Then after that they went back up into the stands like a rowdy bunch of kids playing a game. And on top of that I heard they act the same way at away games. What has happened to the program.. it used to be good. The coach has no control over those girls, they were running circles around him! There is some talent on the team, but it's like most of them don't care and the coach acts the same. The girls used to have a lot more respect and recognition, but it seems different now.. why? They need to start representing Silsbee right!!

Guest bleed orange

It is not the coaches fault. Coach K is good coach and a great man. If you guys had talent you would be winning. Sometimes you have down years, ask WOS. You should be pointing the finger at the kids. They are the ones that play the game, not the coach. He can only do so much with the hand he is dealt. Maybe point the finger at the parents they are the ones that bought the ipods, cell phones and so on.

Guest ST4life

It is not the coaches fault. Coach K is good coach and a great man. If you guys had talent you would be winning. Sometimes you have down years, ask WOS. You should be pointing the finger at the kids. They are the ones that play the game, not the coach. He can only do so much with the hand he is dealt. Maybe point the finger at the parents they are the ones that bought the ipods, cell phones and so on.

I understand that the team doesn't have much talent this year, but they should not act like a bunch of little dribblers before the game and coach shouldn't let them act that way. He is a good coach and a good man, but you have to have some control over your team.

Guest bleed orange

I understand that the team doesn't have much talent this year, but they should not act like a bunch of little dribblers before the game and coach shouldn't let them act that way. He is a good coach and a good man, but you have to have some control over your team.

Don't you know? Coaches and teachers have "NO" control anymore because of the society we live in.

Guest ST4life

Don't you know? Coaches and teachers have "NO" control anymore because of the society we live in.

True and sad.......... But the Boys varsity team represents really well for Silsbee........

It dont matter if the girls win or lose.... what matters is how the represent the school........

True and sad.......... But the Boys varsity team represents really well for Silsbee........

It dont matter if the girls win or lose.... what matters is how the represent the school........

I sat by the concession stand with my daughter tonight at halftime and heard a group of girls say things that would offend Howard Stern.  Who ever said earlier it is the parents is right on the money....  I would be arrested and CPS would be called on me if I ever heard that kinda junk come out of my daughters mouth.  That is what happens when MTV, music and movies raise children instead of parents.

Guest bleed orange

Again, it depends on which group of parents let a coach do his job. It is different at every school. It sounds like the parents at Silsbee are behind the boys coach 100%. Not so much on the girls side. It is funny what winning can do to change the mind set of a individual.

I believe, but don't quote me, the last of the little dribbler group from Silsbee graduated last year.  There will be NO competitive team at Silsbee untill they decide that basketball is important and start the Little Dribbler program again.  Also, Coach K is a great man.  The way the girls act off of the court is a direct reflection of their parents and community.  We don't know if Coach hammered them before the game because of that behavior .  I will assume he did.

I can assure you Coach K did not condone any of this. He has actually had to "cull" his varsity team down to just 7 players because of bad attitudes. He is doing what he can with what he has got.

This is a very down year for the Lady Tiger basketball program and this could last more than this season. But I have no doubt that Coach K will get this turned around soon and have Silsbee Lady Tiger basketball back in the mix for district championships.

Bleed, there is support for girls basketball in Silsbee, I think you have seen it yourself in the past. Does it compare to Orangefield girls basketball support, no, but I have definetly seen worse. Yes, winning brings out more numbers, but I believe the core is still there. The girls program will never reach the support level that the boys get here in Silsbee, that's just the mindset here in Silsbee, but that is the case in most schools.

Guest bleed orange

I can assure you Coach K did not condone any of this. He has actually had to "cull" his varsity team down to just 7 players because of bad attitudes. He is doing what he can with what he has got.

This is a very down year for the Lady Tiger basketball program and this could last more than this season. But I have no doubt that Coach K will get this turned around soon and have Silsbee Lady Tiger basketball back in the mix for district championships.

Bleed, there is support for girls basketball in Silsbee, I think you have seen it yourself in the past. Does it compare to Orangefield girls basketball support, no, but I have definetly seen worse. Yes, winning brings out more numbers, but I believe the core is still there. The girls program will never reach the support level that the boys get here in Silsbee, that's just the mindset here in Silsbee, but that is the case in most schools.

I agree.

I HAVE KNOWN BOB KILLAM FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS.  HE IS A PRINCE.  COACH KILLAM HAS THREE PRIORITIES IN LIFE.  GOD IS NUMBER ONE.  HIS FAMILY IS NUMBER TWO, AND HIS TEAM IS THIRD.

SOMETIMES TEAMS JUST DON'T HAVE GOOD YEARS.  THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH SILSBEE GIRL'S BASKETBALL, AND THERE IS CERTAINLY NOTHING WRONG WITH BOB KILLAM

Guest tigersvoice

I believe, but don't quote me, the last of the little dribbler group from Silsbee graduated last year.  There will be NO competitive team at Silsbee until they decide that basketball is important and start the Little Dribbler program again.  Also, Coach K is a great man.  The way the girls act off of the court is a direct reflection of their parents and community.  We don't know if Coach hammered them before the game because of that behavior .  I will assume he did.

This is very insightful in my opinion.  The overall team skills that the Silsbee Lady Tigers have had over the past several years are just not present on this year's squad.  And looking at the sub varsity girl's teams at Silsbee is not real encouraging.  Our girl's talent level has certainly dropped off.

Guest tigersvoice

I wondered where you were Tigersvoice!

My internet is down at home and am using the office hook-up.  Not as much opportunity to defend the weak, fight for the oppressed, and, generally, right the wrongs that are coming out of Orangefield. ;D

My internet is down at home and am using the office hook-up.  Not as much opportunity to defend the weak, fight for the oppressed, and, generally, right the wrongs that are coming out of Orangefield. ;D

:D Someone from Silsbee started this thread...

Guest tigersvoice

Yeah, I know.  We have our share just like all other communities?  I have noticed, however, that you must be using big medal spoons for all the stirring of the pots that you have been doing.  Wooden ones would have burned up. ::):D

Yeah, I know.  We have our share just like all other communities?  I have noticed, however, that you must be using big medal spoons for all the stirring of the pots that you have been doing.  Wooden ones would have burned up. ::):D

Who me?  ???  ;)

Guest bleed orange

Who me?   ???  ;)

I know that, he sure got to a 1000 post pretty quick. Somebody has to keep this board going!!!!!! ???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont